Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I live in Western Colorado but at least I live in the most conservative County, Mesa County.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I would say Oklahoma. I lived NE of KC for almost 40 yrs. While Missouri is a good place to live, I saw many tricks libs pulled. Living in Oklahoma it is a whole different culture. Quite a gun culture. We leave each other alone politely. Get close to those we want to.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
The problem with Utah is schitti lake salty. Like most western states, the libs have flocked there for the last 40 years; primarily fro California. Idaho is in the same boat with Boise nowadays. They move in because of the mess that’s Cali then complain it’s not like cali and vote for the same stoopid stuff that made California a mess. Liberalism = insanity

Yours in Liberty,

BL
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
It’s now a Question of how much more Damage can Mittens Preform as a Ukie ..

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We should probably talk about the fortyish States that are destroying America rather than get pissy about the few that aren't.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Orion2000

I am going to take issue with the poll above. "Kentuckians" did NOT vote for a Democratic governor. The Teachers Union voted to protect their state retirement and benefits even though the state budget was upside down...

In the last thirty years, politics in our county have swung from elections being decided by the Democratic primary (1992), to one third of all voters voting a straight Republican ticket (2020).

I knew a handful of teachers in Kentucky that were hard core republicans until those retirement benefits were on the line and they voted democratic and didn't think twice about it.

I'm not really blaming them, alot of 55+ year old people would vote democrat if a republican ran on a ticket of taking away retirement benefits they worked to earn. It was a pragmatic decision on Bevins part but he also went hard against educators in the state in his comments. It motivated a lot of people to work against his re-election.

The issue I have is that Bevin was not going to change benefits for teachers currently in the plan. His proposal would have only affected new teachers coming into the system. There was ZERO impact to teachers who were already in the system. However, you would have thought that he was trying to murder their children...

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by smokepole
A true conservative does not want to tell other people how to live their lives.

I wanna say that most conservatives have an expectation that folk live within a moral and legal framework. And I think this framework usually dovetails in with the Ten Commandments. At least for a true American conservative.

A lot of what Americans call conservatives these days are only conservative in a fiscal sense.

Many apply a litmus test of sorts to determine for themselves who is a conservative according to whether they support this amendment or that in the bill of rights. Really though the Ten Commandments are the basis for every western world legal system since the Magna Carta.

Exactly. Conservatism is (or should be) about society. About culture, history, heritage, religion. About doing what is right, rather than doing whatever the hell you want.

"Libertarian society" is an oxymoron. What does the libertarian care about society?. Oh, you religious "statists" can "freely assemble" over there somewhere, but don't you DARE try to tell the rest of us what is right or what is wrong! The time is fast approaching when this philosophy is going to come back and bite you in the ass. Hard.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Stophel
Do not confuse libertarianism with conservatism.

And don't confuse libertarianism and conservatism with anything right wing.

A true conservative does not want to tell other people how to live their lives.

Right, a conservative's job is to lose gracefully and cement left-wing advances into place.

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Missouri .. bigger cities far too much chit for brains types , rural is golden for the most part, but the insurgents of California's moving in the future many be a bit shaky .

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

That's an interesting map, but in my experience the most conservative state is Alaska. As far as a "leave me alone, mind your own business and I'll do the same" attitude.

I would say that is more libertarian than conservative.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Depends on how you define conservative.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
There ain't much left to conserve.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I'm sick of you guys hammering us about Romney. The choice on the ballot was an R or a D. Are you saying we should have all voted for the D? C'mon, tell me.

I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have a democrat than a traitor.

At least with a democrat, you KNOW what they'll do.

BTW, I've voted to primary Cornyn the last several elections, but had to gag and vote for him in the general. I hear you.

A) I believe we’re past the point of voting our way out of this mess

B) I believe that we got ourselves into this mess by failing to tell the Reps we wouldn’t show up if they didn’t give us a candidate worth voting FOR. I say “we” because I’m guilty of it

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I spent a week in SD last Fall and I'd say it would be hard to find a more Conservative State.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I spent a week in SD last Fall and I'd say it would be hard to find a more Conservative State.

That was my first thought as well; ND is right there with em.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Oklahoma is the most conservative state in the US.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Oklahoma is the most conservative state in the US.

Of all the States I've lived in, I would have to agree with you. If the Texas Panhandle was it's own State, IMO it would win hand down. Weather is a little "iffy", but people are world class.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I remember when I lived in Oklahoma 40 years ago. The Newspaper was the only Right leaning paper I have read. The news was completely difference.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would say TX & WY are the most conservative.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
WY is Mitch’s Right Nut and SD is the Left Nut..
Then there’s that Cheney R WY Tumble Weed ..

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 54 invisible), 1,898 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,875
Posts18,497,647
Members73,980
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.