Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I regularly read disparaging remarks here, regarding Walmart...members calling it Wally World, or any manner of denigrating names...and then I read "THE GUN SHOW RANT" and everybody knows what the ammo prices are at Walmart...which is it? Walmart is the portal to the end of the world, or it's where the average joe goes to buy the stuff he needs...it can't be both...

I'll show my age here...The Legacy Media back when Reagan was President regularly ran him down as an old man that needed a nap every afternoon...at the same time they were accusing him of destroying the Democrat Party with his deceptions and tricks...Jay Leno quipped which is it...it can't be both ???

Last edited by tophorsecop; 05/01/22.

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You might not realize it, but there is a vast gulf between the Walmart ammo/pricing and what was being discussed in the gun show thread. Between the scalping going on at gun shows the last few years and the fickle gun and ammo policies of the Wally World stores it leaves pretty bad taste in a lot of gun owners' mouths these days.

But then, some of us just plain refuse to shop at Wally World due to their heavy handed business tactics and their reliance on China for most of their goods...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I call it Wally World all the time, more as a term of endearment rather than demeaning. WW is one of the few places that has convenient means of doing bush orders for us bush dwellers. A couple weeks ago while in skANC I even managed to score a brick of CCI SV from them, double their 5-box limit. I don't in any way feel I was cheated or gouged pricewise. Cabela's/BPS OTOH, need their fahqin' thumbs broken with a pair of Vise-Grips.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Including all that ammo from CHINA...weak at best..."heavy handed business practices"...from a resident of one of the heaviest handed, LEFT COAST STATES, in the Union...livin' up to your moniker...even if it is spelled wrong...

Dedicated Master of the Western Influenced Martial Art known simply as "KLIK PAO" !!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Are you a Walmart Greeter?

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Nope, retired USBP Agent/Special Agent for INS(before ICE)...Special Investigator for Texas FPS...now I just feed horses and run tractors...just amazed at the trouble people will go to to run something down... whether it be Walmart or gunshows it's like choosing to step in the dogsh it, instead of going around it...addicted to outrage

Well, that and trying to get my post count up...

Last edited by tophorsecop; 05/01/22.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Around here, we've called it "Wally World" for three decades. It was not "denigrating" at all.

And I would buy ammo at Wally World... If they had any. I have mostly avoided Wal Mart for years, but every time I have gone into a Wal Mart for anything, I would walk by the gun counter, they had virtually nothing for ammo. Not in the past ten years. Today, the only chance I have of getting any ammo (and it's just a chance) at anything resembling a reasonable price is at Rural King, and I have to drive a good distance to get to one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tophorsecop
Including all that ammo from CHINA...weak at best..."heavy handed business practices"...from a resident of one of the heaviest handed, LEFT COAST STATES, in the Union...livin' up to your moniker...even if it is spelled wrong...

You need to do some homework on your favorite Cathedral Walmart before you go praising them to anyone... it is apparent you don't know a thing about where you shop except it is the cheapest place you can spend your money. Those low prices come at a price to somebody... either that or you're just a douchebag troll trying to stir the pot..

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image from thejosevilson.com]

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I call it the Chinese embassy.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by tophorsecop
I regularly read disparaging remarks here, regarding Walmart...members calling it Wally World, or any manner of denigrating names...and then I read "THE GUN SHOW RANT" and everybody knows what the ammo prices are at Walmart...which is it? Walmart is the portal to the end of the world, or it's where the average joe goes to buy the stuff he needs...it can't be both...

I'll show my age here...The Legacy Media back when Reagan was President regularly ran him down as an old man that needed a nap every afternoon...at the same time they were accusing him of destroying the Democrat Party with his deceptions and tricks...Jay Leno quipped which is it...it can't be both ???

Well, it's like this... when it's the only game in town it's more of a hate but need kinda thing...

Nearest town of any size (approximately 25 - 30k population), up until relatively recently when a regional chain farm supply store began stocking new firearms and ammo, Walmart was the only store in town for a couple of decades that sold ammo and new firearms and hunting licenses, this after having caused the other few privately owned gun shops to shut their doors. Now, Walmart has quit selling modern firearms altogether and stocks very little ammo -- And good luck trying to get a store 'associate' with authorization to come back to the sporting goods dept. to unlock glass cases where ammo is kept and sell it within a half hour,... if at all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like an opportunity for someone to open up a good gunshop to me. Tough times, though.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It’s schmucks who whine about “stepping foot into a walmart” that are missing on good ammo prices

If you want to be a dumbfukk and pay Norma-Jean and Eugene $65 for a box CoreLokts that walmart has for $27 then youre just stupid. Hold to your self righteous indignancies.

Plot twist, Eugene and his half-wit son bought that ammo at walmart to sell it to gunshop snobs.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
It’s schmucks who whine about “stepping foot into a walmart” that are missing on good ammo prices

If you want to be a dumbfukk and pay Norma-Jean and Eugene $65 for a box CoreLokts that walmart has for $27 then youre just stupid. Hold to your self righteous indignancies.

Plot twist, Eugene and his half-wit son bought that ammo at walmart to sell it to gunshop snobs.

Good post.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
if I can get ammo at wal mart you dang better believe I'm gonna get it. however, my wife worked for wal mart for 15 years, I can testify what a sCHithole it is. the stock made us a ton of money but the organization is a toilet.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Walmart is a horrible company and was fully behind the lockdowns and fleecing of the people.

They have great salsa however. It's also where I get my pigs heads.

I am MAGA.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
You championing Walmart? Just trying to get a bead on your stance here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Walmart is a horrible company and was fully behind the lockdowns and fleecing of the people.

They have great salsa however. It's also where I get my pigs heads.

WalMart = Costco lite.
smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
What joken2 said...there are 2 LGS and a pawn shop in Taylor, no LGS in Elgin, but a pawn shop that sells no ammo...those 2 towns are within 25 miles...everything else is farther...and yes, as strikeu pointed out...Walmart stock is part of my portfolio, along with most of the big box stores and most of the evil oil companies,,,AND I EXPECT TO MAKE A PROFIT...week to week, and year to year..and they STAYED OPEN...never missed a day here, so yeah, I guess I could've seen myself shooting quail with Mr. Sam, given the opportunity !!!

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Taylor! Elgin! Damn. You’re close! 😁

But not for long as I’m getting outta here.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

90 members (10gaugemag, 6MMWASP, 673, 79S, 2ndwind, 8 invisible), 1,737 guests, and 830 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,950
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.