Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
You gals and your Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqktitude,are simply fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The L-61 is too trite in COAL for a full length H&H. Hint.

The "custom" NAB throat is funnier than fhuqk,but she can only do her best,ith hat she "has" to "work" with. Pass a Skinner Square Smooch at 2.750" COAL,for room to chase lands. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Kudos on the HILARITY of them firewood stocked pieces of fhuqking schit,that wouldn't last a day outside. Hint.

At least the .243" LVSF has some mechanical attributes,as their RPM/throat/COAL jive 105's nicely. Hint.

ButtCancer tops 'er off with her uncrontrollable Insecurities! Sorted things about this afternoon ad "only" counted 107 die sets. From the hip,can only think of (1) receiver that's on it's 6th spout. Haven't put a new rifle together since day before last,but have a couple to work on this evening. Hint.

Pardon well thunked wares that exist ladies,but fortunately for you CLUELESS Kchunts,Imagination nd Pretend are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

I guess as usual your attention to detail rivals your height!

You missed the word "YOUR" in the title.

One man's trash-----like you are to me

is another man's treasure------like you are to your boyfriend.

Carry on Travelocity gnome.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
HR IC

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Stick provides endless entertainment for the great unwashed.

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
Step out of line, the man come and take you away
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by earlybrd
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Nothing fancy but all are accurate and have taken elk. L to R: 300WM, 30-06, 338WM, all MKII Ruger rifles. The 30-06 is about as good as it gets for an all-around hunting rifle IMHO.

[Linked Image]
I seen a 308 in a gun shop with the same stock sit for 3 years finally I decided to buy it but it was gone🙄

People seem to love them or hate them. The 300WM is a factory rifle. The 30-06 in the middle came to me used with a laminate stock. Lightened it up with a take-off Zytel stock. The 338WM on the right was put together from parts - a naked action, a Zytel stock purchased separately and a take-off barrel that a previous owner had fluted and chopped to 22". Got that barrel from Cariboujack here on the 'fire. He had purchased it from the original owner after the fluting didn't result in as light a barrel as desired. Added a different recoil pad to that one as its light weight adds to recoil. All are good to carry, though, and the stocks are pretty indestructible. The 300 came with walnut inlays and I swapped them out for synthetic - afraid the walnut would crack and be hard to replace.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
I look forward to Big Sticks posts!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco

It's kinda like getting a Slinkey for Christmas. You play with it for a while, then it gets boring real fast and you put it away only to get it out later and play with it a bit more.

That little slinkey isn't even tall enough to look in the window of his own Tacoma.

IC B2

O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
If I had Shrap's collection I'd sell it and buy a Tikka............

.........and Wyoming!

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Here are 3 more. They are all buffalo rifles shipped to Bozeman, Montana Territory in the late 1870's. Extremely rare, all 40-90 Bottleneck caliber. The top was shipped to J.G. Dow, a banker in Bozeman that handled Sharps rifles for Walter Cooper who had fallen out of favor with the Sharps rifle company for not staying current in his bill paying. It then ended up in the shop of AD McAusland in Miles City Montana Territory and had a barrel replacement there and stamped with the very rare McAusland stamp. The other 2 Sharps are both 40-90 Bottleneck as well and although I got them over 10 years apart in 2 separate locations, they both letter to Bozeman in the same shipment in 1877...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Those would be really nice with a bronze cerakote. Who makes a carbon fiber stock for them? ...grin...

Sweet rifles with an interesting history.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't really have a "grail gun" that I'm looking for right now. I would like to find a Marlin Marauder in 30/30 to go with this one in 35 Remington that I lucked into a few years ago. Hopefully that will happen before long, but it's not something I would consider a "Grail Gun".

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

This little Mexican Mauser, in 7X57, is a rifle I looked long and hard for. When I found it you could barely see through the barrel and the stock had some real design/execution problems that a great gunsmith, with a good eye, had to straighten out. With a new Pac Nor barrel it has exceed my expectations and has remained a favorite. It has kind of killed any desire for a new rifle, so I guess it meets the qualifications of a "Grail Gun"...

Harry
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The "custom" NAB throat is funnier than fhuqk,but she can only do her best,ith hat she "has" to "work" with. Pass a Skinner Square Smooch at 2.750" COAL,for room to chase lands. Google as you MUST. Hint.

It's not surprising in your narcissism you completely miss the fact that a SAAMI 308 Win chamber is throated for 180 gr RN bullets. In my 308's the 165 NAB touch the lands at 2.925", and 2.950" respectively, but have 2.820" magazines. Not very handy for "kissing" the lands, unless I want rifles with magazines used as single shots. But then I don't spray paint my rifles insane colors like a mentally ill tagger while simultaneously bragging about it - Hint: Google "Paint Tagger."

What? crazy talk....
The holy grail.... in clown world..... lmfao

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub

It's kinda like getting a Slinkey for Christmas. You play with it for a while, then it gets boring real fast and you put it away only to get it out later and play with it a bit more.

That little slinkey isn't even tall enough to look in the window of his own Tacoma.

What? more crazy talk..... lmfao

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I’ve got more than I need, but I wouldn’t mind adding another 84m Classic Select

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by SuperCub

What? more crazy talk..... lmfao

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by Teal
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
WOW. I’d happily take one of each but reckon that I could happily settle for just one in 16 gauge.😃

This works too....

As much as I love beautiful walnut I love beautiful fine line checkering even more, fortunately they usually go hand in hand. I have a few good working man’s doubles but doubt if I’ll ever own anything that nice.

There’s something special about cruising two tracks with bird dogs on cool days when the trees are changing, chasing grouse. Apple cider or coffee with cheese, crackers and summer sausage for lunch on the bed of the truck.[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I LOVE THAT PHOTO!

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Browning Safari one a bolt action in a 24" 264 Win Mag and another in a Belgium made BAR 243.

A 1976 (or thereabouts) Sako Safari in .375 H&H

A Winchester Model 100 308 Carbine "that was a proven MOA shooter, and 100% reliable"! ha

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Hook
Don't know about holy grails....but these two will do me for what time I have left.

Brno 22F in 7X57:

1903 Mannlicher-Schoenauer:

Love the Brno 22F. My 8x57 is one of my "never sell" rifles along with my 99 in .358 win.

Last edited by weagle; 08/30/22.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Guess I’m lucky, have owned a dozen or so pre64 Fwts over the years, not a single one had typical cracks in the stock.

I have 2 now. No cracks.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by PennDog
Kurz Mauser in .250-3000 is my Holy Grail of hunting rifles…….but that’s just me.😁

PennDog
nice. I've only seen pics of those

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Pre 64 300 H&H in 95% condition (good luck) would be one that I would like. I have most of what I want or need so I am very lucky in that regard. I am gonna get a bunch from my dad when he goes so I am really not looking for a grail.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
A Win pre-64 M70 in .300 H&H might be a candidate. All the other Grails reside in my collection. Choose wisely.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by WAM
A Win pre-64 M70 in .300 H&H might be a candidate. All the other Grails reside in my collection. Choose wisely.

That's about it. If they are not a "holy grail", why have them? They should all shoot good, look good and perform impeccably well. If not, send the sob's down the road.. All of mine fit those categories. A "holy grail" collection if you will.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

511 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 43 invisible), 2,276 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,209
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.