Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by ERK
Cameras are like chronographs. I call them lie detectors.
I’ve only had I believe 3 tickets in my life which is unbelievable. I will say nobody gave me one because I earned it. The saying you can’t outrun a radio is bull crap. When I was young in my Trans Am I did it many times. Edk

OK Bandit. Lmao.

We’re you running beer to Texarkana?

The boys were thirsty in Atlanta.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
That kid got schooled. I hope he unfûcks himself after this, or gets fired/quits in humiliation.

Good show.

I wonder who his replacement will be.....probably be an infallible race and an even more infallible gender. Maybe both.

The kid is a cuck, but the "staff" that he gets replaced with won't check all the dots for the modern stereotypes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The fact that those cops didn’t arrest him is proof enough they knew they were wrong.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
"Any questions for us?"

"FUUCK OFF"

laugh

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Boy, most of you guys are trying to be a real rebel. Wonder if that guy would argue with the judge like that if he got pulled into court.

Those two cops need to get a little backbone... My father is law was a trooper in Minnesota for 33 years... I've rode in his cruiser with him multiple times.. he was mainly based way up north out of Hibbing area on the Iron Range. He was president of the state's patrolman's association the last 18 years of his 33 yr tenure. Every trooper knew Bill, he was 6 ft 8. Actually taller than the regs would allow.. but at 20 he joined the HWY patrol, and the National Guard... After a couple of weeks out of the Academy, he got activated to go do his basic training and AIT. He was gone 4 months, and his height grew 8 inches in that time, when he was 20. When he comes back, he was already on the Hwy Patrol so they couldn't fire him because he gained 8 inches while doing his military training. Due to his height, he was the only Troop in the State Patrol that had his own cruiser assigned, because they had to move the front seat back like 6 inches to accommodate his height. He was also the only trooper that couldn't transport an arrest in his cruiser, because the seat being so far back...

I knew you never really win an argument with an LEO. Being a wise ass buys you no brownie points. I have had few tickets in my life time, when I am still driving for business anywhere from 40 to 60K miles a year. Been pulled over, but being respectful and telling the troop to tell me exactly what he wants me to do, has normally been appreciated by the LEO...What I see that Troopers and cops have to deal with in what we call "the public".. personally I don't see how they have the patience for it. In fact I've had many times of the times I've been pulled over that the officer has thanked me for being cooperative, thanked me for my service if they notice something that indicates I am a veteran, and send me on my way, telling me to have a safe trip....

The guy in the car was just an A hole in my book. Any cop with a backbone would have told him its no problem. Call a tow truck, haul him in his car to impound, give him a night to sleep off his A holyness... and let him present his case to the judge in the morning...

Sure there a few A Hole cops, in ratio, there is a boat load more A Holes in the General Public.

any LEOs on here, thank you for your service to your communities, in spite of the communities lack of appreciation for what you do...

The rest of you.. Flame away, but I stand behind the LEOs.. Most I've ever met have been very respectable guys...
and I've always been the type if they are threatened by some one armed, and I have quick access I'll back them up...

and yeah, I've done that several times in my life...an LEO or a Service Member.. I see no difference... they are serving the public and our nation.

Last edited by Seafire; 09/02/22.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Driver is not real smart. It is not a good idea to instigate a pissing match with a LEO on the side of the road at night. I confess that I did not watch much at all of the video, but after the first minute or so told me all I needed to see. I have no idea what, if anything, the driver did wrong, nor do I have any idea what the laws governing such stops in this area are. What I do know is that the driver was stopped for some reason, legal or not. The LEO was not abusive, but the driver was being beligerant and a smart-ass. The driver may have been legally within his rights as to his actions as I don't know the local laws, but he was not very smart. Yeah, I know that some LEOs are [bleep] at times and this can be even worse if they are having a particularly bad day. However, the majority of them are not. I have found almost without exception, that if you treat them with common respect and courtesy, that is usually what you will receive in return. It is more than likely that if you are pulled over for something and really piss them off, they will find something to write you up for. If you really show your ass for no good reason and get very beligerant with them, things are probably not going to end well for you. If you act decently you may very well get a break. I have not been stopped very many times, but I have always acted respectfully and was polite. BTW - I have documented over 3 million miles driving for in a past life I was a professional driver, so I have "been there and done that". This includes twice that I recall disagreeing with the LEO, but I did so respectfully. Both of those times I was let go on my way with no charge. Another two times I was stopped for speeding and was guilty as can be, no argument. I was polite and compliant and asked if he could just make it a warning, and both times it was done as requested. Yeah, I didn't try to show them what a bad-ass I was and try to escalate the situation. You can disagree with them if you think you are right, but do so respectfully and reasonably. Otherwise, you are going to be on the losing end, right or wrong. If you think that you have been wrongfully sited or treated then take it to court. The reality is that you will probably loose without some really strong evidence in your favor. But, trying to intimidate a LEO on the side of the road somewhere at night is not real damn smart. Choose your battles wisely.

"...why, land is the only thing in the world worth working for, worth fighting for, worth dying for,... because it is the only thing that lasts."
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Regardless if it was a 'good' probable cause for the stop, I think, if you are driving, then you are required to show your license on demand in almost every state. .

Wrong
I was too lazy to look up every state of course, but I just googled the question and it looks like license and insurance card are legally required when asked.

Yes, they are. You can refuse to produce your operator's license when asked, but the only recourse after that is to be arrested for operating without a license. Then you can make bond, come to court and eventually show your license to have the charges dropped. The only one getting skinned up is the driver who doesn't want to simply produce an operator's license. If you do anything other than put your hands behind your back and walk back to the car to ride to jail you can and will be charged with resisting arrest. You may get away with being annoyed with some pressure point control techniques, until you decide to go along with the program, or in the case of some of the younger types, they'll go ahead and initiate the Electric Company. Now you have been tasered. I assure you, this is not pleasant. If you have now progressed to this point, your options in court have diminished. It's all cool sounding to mess with the fuzz, but your best option is STILL to obey lawful commands.

You’re missing the point.

It wasn’t a lawful command.

P

I'm not for stops without cause. It's usually pretty easy to find cause, though, if you want to have a talk with a driver.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seriously?

"I confess that I did not watch much at all of the video, but after the first minute or so told me all I needed to see. I have no idea what, if anything, the driver did wrong, nor do I have any idea what the laws governing such stops in this area are. What I do know is that the driver was stopped for some reason, legal or not. "

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Oh well he got called on his on the fly bullschit and his little power trip he is so accustomed too was 180 flipped on him.
Dude probably had "kick me" stuck on his back from jr high thru high school and dreamt of being a cop to have some power over people finally.

The I'm gonna get my payback finally stuff when I get a badge and a gun and be somebody in charge..

About 1/4 th of cops are LE for the need to have " power" solely as their base reason for becoming LE.
Alot of LE are this way and should not be in the job at all.
They are not out to serve and protect.
But out to intimidate to satisfy a desire for power they never had.
A individual reason known only to themselves and they like to think no one can see it.
IMO....

His whole world collasped around him once that driver stood his ground and called his bluff on the pretext for the stop.

Just looking at the cops facial expressions, hearing his vocal tone, and his body language tells alot about his real demeanor once his intial "power" as a authority figure he relies on was shifted away from him is pretty revealing.
Most Def a B type camouflaged in a uniform.

LE stops me for whatever reason.
Even if it is legit or Bullschit.
Hand over the DL, reg, insurance.
Ask why being stopped.
Let em do their job.
But I don't give them the satisfaction of anymore discussion than needed, no little pleasantries exchanged during the course of it all.
Or say fuuuking "thank you officer" once I can go.

All these little vocal interactions most people give LE beyond the minimal amount needed, feed a sense of power in a sublime way too a LE of this type.
Their is a difference in needed minimal info and discussion with a LE and those who fawn to them on a rountine stop.
Power hungry types like it when someone Kowtows to them and people dont even realize they are feeding that need for power to a authority figure many times.

Lots of dynamics going on in that vid.

When the 2nd officer showed up and basically went into CYA mode for both of them.

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
That was total surrender and please just leave and stop making us uncomfortable mode.
Make the ugly time go away sorta thing.
Humble pie time basically....

You can guarantee the next couple of encounters those 2 cops had with the general public over came their wounded lion feelings and built up their status of power in the mind once again.

Last edited by renegade50; 09/02/22.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Seriously?

"I confess that I did not watch much at all of the video, but after the first minute or so told me all I needed to see. I have no idea what, if anything, the driver did wrong, nor do I have any idea what the laws governing such stops in this area are. What I do know is that the driver was stopped for some reason, legal or not. "

cop probably thought he'd get him a dui in the middle of the night.

I got pulled over 5am going turkey hunting. I did nothing wrong, I took a right on a green arrow. Cop told me that there was no way I had the light timed that good and that I was really meaning to run a red light. He literally said that. "So I turned right on green", "yes". "What's the problem then?" He even wrote me a warning....

He was just bored and needed to meet quota or something.

Then one morning and took a right turn down a country road, my front drivers side tire touched the center line during the turn...as most of us do everyday at some point, etc. Cops, included. Just happened to be a cop coming my way and pulled me over. Joker was a dick.

Last edited by killerv; 09/02/22.
IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Regardless if it was a 'good' probable cause for the stop, I think, if you are driving, then .

Wrong

Really? Are you saying that if you are speeding, and get pulled over for that, you are not required to show your license on demand in almost every state?

Not arguing, but I would like to understand your argument better.

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wow, simply wow. Illegal stop plain and simple. Officer got called out on it.

I got pulled over for going 1 mile over the speed limit once. I was very succinct and stern in my replies to the officer. He was on a serious power trip that morning. He knew it was a total bullshit stop, he knew that I knew, it was a total bullshit power trip stop.

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over.

No

Officer: You were speeding.

How fast was I going"

Officer: 76 in a 75.

Incredulously, sarcastic. You pulled me over for 1 mile over the speed limit?

Officer: Where are you going.

Doesn't matter.

Officer: License, registration and proof of insurance.

He goes back to his car and returns with a warning ticket for 1 mile over.

Am I free to go?

Officer: yes

Roll up the window and take off. What a prick.

All because he was running speed control in the left lane on the interstate and and got all butt hurt when I went by him in the right lane. With my cruise set at 75. in

Least respectful I have been to any LEO in 55 years. Pisses me off to this day.

Last edited by CRS; 09/02/22.

Arcus Venator
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
In Texas a vehicle can be stopped just to check for a drivers license and if a registration is checked and shown to not have valid insurance, the uninsured vehicle will be towed. Driver most likely jailed.

NRA Endowment Member
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
This guy is an a**hole.
Being on the roads is way different from being at your home. You can be drunk at your home. You can't be drunk on the road. You are required to take a written test and eyesight test to be able to drive a car.

If this is y'alls best example of a Warrior for Liberty, you are desperate.

He probably is a "sovereign citizen."

Yep. He's a co ck su cker not a hero.

Last edited by BuckHaggard; 09/02/22.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty sure if you’re operating a vehicle on a public road , you need to provide a license when stopped and asked. Many states I know a passenger doesn’t have to.

If it’s a bullschit stop, you address it with the judge.

That cop was young and clearly not comfortable dealing with a prick. Doesn’t mean he’s a bad cop. He’ll learn….or not.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Regardless if it was a 'good' probable cause for the stop, I think, if you are driving, then you are required to show your license on demand in almost every state. .

Wrong
I was too lazy to look up every state of course, but I just googled the question and it looks like license and insurance card are legally required when asked.

Yes, they are. You can refuse to produce your operator's license when asked, but the only recourse after that is to be arrested for operating without a license. Then you can make bond, come to court and eventually show your license to have the charges dropped. The only one getting skinned up is the driver who doesn't want to simply produce an operator's license. If you do anything other than put your hands behind your back and walk back to the car to ride to jail you can and will be charged with resisting arrest. You may get away with being annoyed with some pressure point control techniques, until you decide to go along with the program, or in the case of some of the younger types, they'll go ahead and initiate the Electric Company. Now you have been tasered. I assure you, this is not pleasant. If you have now progressed to this point, your options in court have diminished. It's all cool sounding to mess with the fuzz, but your best option is STILL to obey lawful commands.
IF they actually ARE lawful...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I can't imagine being in law enforcement and dealing with Azzholes like that guy, what a fxxcking prick!. As much as I believe in personal freedom and responsibility, we do accept certain rules and laws when we drive on public roads.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
Boy, most of you guys are trying to be a real rebel. Wonder if that guy would argue with the judge like that if he got pulled into court.

Those two cops need to get a little backbone... My father is law was a trooper in Minnesota for 33 years... I've rode in his cruiser with him multiple times.. he was mainly based way up north out of Hibbing area on the Iron Range. He was president of the state's patrolman's association the last 18 years of his 33 yr tenure. Every trooper knew Bill, he was 6 ft 8. Actually taller than the regs would allow.. but at 20 he joined the HWY patrol, and the National Guard... After a couple of weeks out of the Academy, he got activated to go do his basic training and AIT. He was gone 4 months, and his height grew 8 inches in that time, when he was 20. When he comes back, he was already on the Hwy Patrol so they couldn't fire him because he gained 8 inches while doing his military training. Due to his height, he was the only Troop in the State Patrol that had his own cruiser assigned, because they had to move the front seat back like 6 inches to accommodate his height. He was also the only trooper that couldn't transport an arrest in his cruiser, because the seat being so far back...

I knew you never really win an argument with an LEO. Being a wise ass buys you no brownie points. I have had few tickets in my life time, when I am still driving for business anywhere from 40 to 60K miles a year. Been pulled over, but being respectful and telling the troop to tell me exactly what he wants me to do, has normally been appreciated by the LEO...What I see that Troopers and cops have to deal with in what we call "the public".. personally I don't see how they have the patience for it. In fact I've had many times of the times I've been pulled over that the officer has thanked me for being cooperative, thanked me for my service if they notice something that indicates I am a veteran, and send me on my way, telling me to have a safe trip....

The guy in the car was just an [bleep] in my book. Any cop with a backbone would have told him its no problem. Call a tow truck, haul him in his car to impound, give him a night to sleep off his [bleep]... and let him present his case to the judge in the morning...

Sure there a few A Hole cops, in ratio, there is a boat load more A Holes in the General Public.

any LEOs on here, thank you for your service to your communities, in spite of the communities lack of appreciation for what you do...

The rest of you.. Flame away, but I stand behind the LEOs.. Most I've ever met have been very respectable guys...
and I've always been the type if they are threatened by some one armed, and I have quick access I'll back them up...

and yeah, I've done that several times in my life...an LEO or a Service Member.. I see no difference... they are serving the public and our nation.

All your bloviating only means something IF the stop was a legitimate stop. The leo knew it wasn't. The driver knew it wasn't.

You guys keep missing the point in your attempt to prove how much you love cops or how much you hate people that are a-holes while sticking up for themselves.

I have gotten pulled over more than most. Have received tickets in over 10 states. Used to get pulled over 4 or 5 times for every ticket meaning I met a lot of officers on the side of the road. Pretty much every time he/she had a legal reason for stopping me. Only 1 time did a leo act stupid and I called her on it, rather directly but politely. I am not advocating challenging all cops. But when the cop actually engages in an illegal act in pulling you over for no reason, all your superfluous BS about how great cops as a whole are and how you should just give in goes right the hell out the door.

Montana MOFO
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by 257Bob
I can't imagine being in law enforcement and dealing with Azzholes like that guy, what a fxxcking prick!. As much as I believe in personal freedom and responsibility, we do accept certain rules and laws when we drive on public roads.

Umm, that equation starts with the leo abiding by laws. And when he/she doesn't, then his orders are not lawful.

Montana MOFO
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Certainly are a lot of armchair warriors here that do not know their rights, do not know what the laws on the books are, and seemingly, do not (by default) give a crap about the rights of others.
Pity...

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1badf350, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 2,599 guests, and 1,302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,295
Posts18,525,805
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.