-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t give a schit if folks wear masks. It’s beyond silly at this point.

Mandates are another matter entirely.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Easily twice as many in masks here as there was in Worshington. Definitely a bigger thing in the black community.

Saw the mythical “masked solo driver” pulling into Costco the other day. Windows up even. It’s pretty crazy.
Cruising.

Did you move from Washington to South Carolina?

I did.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm almost to Bozeman MT. Have crossed 8 states if my home state of Louisiana is counted. 1890 miles so far. Only one damn place required a mask, the Little Bighorn Battlefield Visitors Center. Looks to me like west of the Mississippi River people are through with masks and not worrying about the Corona 19. I guess Fauci and Gates are going to have to juice up another virus. Maybe airborne rabies?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
Some people wear them outside because of pollen and allergies.

Maybe that's why I saw a fellow, in a UTV, 3 miles out in the pasture, wearing one while pushing a couple of bulls.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I still see them driving by themselves wearing masks. I can't wrap my brain around it.

Back in the Spring of 2021 we still had mask mandates for commercial establishments. It had been about a year and my guys inside wouldn't wear masks and I wasn't going to make them wear them either. However, I did try to get them to wear them if the customers were wearing them and we didn't know them. I didn't want to get in trouble with the health dept. You never know what .gov might do. About 80% of our customers were not wearing them, so I didn't worry too much.

One day we had a showroom full of people and most people were not wearing masks. From my office, I hear a lady say, "Wow, it must be nice not to have to wear a mask at work". After she was done inside, I see her walking out to the stone yard and she's double masked. She got her stuff and got in her car, double masked, and drives off. 15 minutes later I get a call from the county health department threatening to fine me. I had a long talk with the guy and he explained that he was only doing his job and that he had to do so until the governor lifted the mandate. He didn't fine me, but just gave me a verbal warning. It was a $5000.00 fine. Even after the incident, I still had a hard time getting these guys to mask up. They were pretty good though if we had customers that we didn't know and were wearing them.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B2

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
My wife wear a mask a lot because of a chronic illness. I agree with saddle sore 100%

Last edited by Slenk; 09/10/22.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I’m extremely hard of hearing and wear hearing aids. Even with the aids I still have a difficult time trying cypher what is being said through a mask, especially the voices of women. I need to see their lips and face.

When I go to the Dr everyone is wearing a mask, I understand very little of what is being said. When they ask me questions, I usually just stare at them and shake my head. They repeat, move closer and repeat, no response from me. They finally get it, pull their mask down so we can converse.

When my doctor enters the room, he automatically pulls his mask down as he knows I won’t talk to him through one.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by steve4102
I’m extremely hard of hearing and wear hearing aids. Even with the aids I still have a difficult time trying cypher what is being said through a mask, especially the voices of women. I need to see their lips and face.

When I go to the Dr everyone is wearing a mask, I understand very little of what is being said. When they ask me questions, I usually just stare at them and shake my head. They repeat, move closer and repeat, no response from me. They finally get it, pull their mask down so we can converse.

When my doctor enters the room, he automatically pulls his mask down as he knows I won’t talk to him through one.

Yeah, one of my guys is hard of hearing and won't wear his hearing aids. He has a tough time understanding people who are wearing a mask. It's funny because he'll cop an attitude and tell them to take it off. We get a kick out of it and we tell him that he's just a cranky old guy. laugh

Last edited by StoneCutter; 09/10/22.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Easily twice as many in masks here as there was in Worshington. Definitely a bigger thing in the black community.

Saw the mythical “masked solo driver” pulling into Costco the other day. Windows up even. It’s pretty crazy.
Cruising.

Did you move from Washington to South Carolina?

I did.

Good for you.

PS- that was a long hike.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by steve4102

Same here.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Hastings
I'm almost to Bozeman MT. Have crossed 8 states if my home state of Louisiana is counted. 1890 miles so far. Only one damn place required a mask, the Little Bighorn Battlefield Visitors Center. Looks to me like west of the Mississippi River people are through with masks and not worrying about the Corona 19. I guess Fauci and Gates are going to have to juice up another virus. Maybe airborne rabies?
They still got that big housecat roaming around inside?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Last Dec I saw a guy in Cancun wearing one while he was swimming in the ocean alone. Also, a lib mom double masked her kids with face shields before they got on the plane. She gave me a nasty look while I snapchatted her. Don't think she liked my mask under my chin.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Fighting over wearing a mask is just plain stupid, don't want to wear a mask just leave.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No one wore a mask 😷 before the scamdemic even people with health issues. They don’t do anything.

Lions not sheep 🐑

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (35, anothergun, Akhutr, 6mmbrfan, 10 invisible), 1,520 guests, and 919 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,088
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.