Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I am always interested in finding a better "tool"for my trips and I am curious about the Kifaru Regulator sleeping bag. This "seems" to be about the lightest for temperature synthetic bag available, at least that I have heard of.

I am considering one, but, I would appreciate some use-based feedback from anyone and everyone here who has actually USED one for multi-day trips in wet, cold conditiosn from 40*F down to 0*F.

So, has anybody done this?

GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Kute,
I hope someone chimes in on this! I sure have been admiring them.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
No field time yet...just got it today...lol...

[Linked Image]

0 deg. MOB Regular, -20 sleeves, pictured in Siwash...4 lbs 8 oz. total. I'm pretty excited.

Last edited by ken999; 10/22/07.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great.
Reviews are only as good as the crowd reviewing them.
Progressive Liberalism is the philosophy of Western suicide.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Anyone else hear the sound of chirping crickets?

Taylor

IC B2

5x5 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Crawl back under your rock......

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
No doubt!!

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Ignore this imbecile, he never comes here except to badmouth Patrick Smith who is ten times the man he and Wiggy will ever be.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Its true, the Kifaru bags are priced too high. Big deal. Patrick Smith has something much more valuable, and much more important. Something Taylor and Wiggy will never have.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just look at this person's posting history. He adds nothing to this MB other than pushing his master�s sleeping bags and attacking others. His master was kicked off this MB for being similarly disagreeable.

IC B3

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
From what I understand, Wiggy and perhaps Taylor have been booted from about every MB they have imposed their rude, ignorant and exaggerated bullschitt on. So, it seems that about everyone has had enough of the greatest insulation, etc., ever made and the most wonderful bags in the world.......

After standing up to Wiggy's nasty, deceitful, phoney and demented BS on the Kifaru site a couple of years back, I have only one thing more to say. Even IF Wiggy made the FINEST outdoor gear ever AND would GIVE ME a lifetime supply FREE, I would sleep in a dirty, sweatstained horse blanket before using any of his products!

I wouldn't buy jackschitt from Taylor, either and would avoid his store like one would avoid the c**p!!! However, I have bought about five grand CDN of products from Patrick at Kifaru and consider some of his gear to be the finest in it's category, especially the tipis and the Gunbearer as well as loving my Siwash pack, after two years of use.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Nah, you guys are being too harsh, Taylor is the real deal.

Why, he was even able to do a detailed critique of the Kifaru bag on another website, having never seen or laid hands on the bag. I know, I read the critique, it was a work of art. Fiction, I think they call it. He did the critique using what he read on the internet.

Now that's genius at work. Not surprisingly, he didn't like the bag.

That's what I call integrity--slam your competitor's product, in a public forum, having never laid hands on it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I do still like my W bags for what they are used for. Backpacking is not one of them, but I've never had a cold night in base camp in one!

As to any of the W sales tactics, they remind me of bad used care salespersons.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some of your comments are laughable, making remarks about someone you don't even know in person but think you know him over the internet. Tell me.....why would Marc Taylor want to buy a bag for over $600 just to test it? I wouldn't want to do that either. Kutenay, I respect your opinion on a lot of things but you are dead wrong about Taylor, he's a great guy and sells quality products which he steadfastly stands behind. He doesn't sell junk either, I know because i've actually been to his store many times and you have never been there so you have no clue about his goods. He knows he can get a rise of most of you, thats why he says what he says, your easily baited. If you don't like his comments then just don't respond to them. How can a post saying "do you hear the crickets chirping?" bring out such animosity and hatred?? If Tayor didn't actually use and believe in Wiggy's gear he wouldn't be selling it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Interesting though(and I assume you are replying to Kutenay and not me in the above post) that the regulator system is genius for what it can used for, but evidently, as usual, its a piece of junk to the W crowd. Sugar and vinegar...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
I just will put all Wiggites and Taylorites on "ignore" and take my own advice; having actually owned and used a Wigsack, I speak from experience, once was too often.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kute, you go ahead and do that, makes no difference to me as we don't usually agree on much anyways. With that being said, I won't put you on ignore because I don't really have anything against you. Sele...

Rost, show me in my post where I said the Regulator is junk?? There's some things that go on behind the scenes between Kifaru and Wiggy's that you are both clueless about but you 2 are the "experts" so i'll keep that stuff to myself and laugh everytime I see this feud going on......really though, if you only knew.

Steelhead

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
This is NOT about Wiggy, his products or Kifaru, it IS about the fact that Marc Taylor NEVER posts here EXCEPT to interfere in someone else's legitimate thread in order to denigrate Kifaru.

I really don't care about ANY ...feud...or ANYTHING ELSE between Kifaru or Wiggy, I know what I saw happen, it was an utterly disgusting display by both Taylor and Wiggy on the MB that Patrick Smith PAYS FOR.

I simply do not want Taylor to post on my threads and will GLADLY ignore him, his pal Wiggy and anyone else like them. I do notice that Wiggy has been banned from about every site he has posted on, that should say something about this whole sorry situation...simple, eh?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Marc Taylor is a friend of mine so when someone attacks him over such trivial BS, then I will say something. You do the same thing for Patrick Smith and Kifaru so your no different. Let me ask you this.....Why does Kifaru use "continuous filament fiber synthetic insulation" in their new Regulator bag? Do you know where they get it? Do you know what is in all Wiggy's bags and has been long before Kifaru started making sleeping bags? The ONLY difference is Wiggy's is Laminated and Kifaru's is not. Amazing stuff yes??? I'm not here to support Jerry Wigetow, don't know the man myself but have heard a few things about him BUT, I will support Wiggy's Alaska! as long as he continues to sell the best outdoor products geared towards Alaska hunting and backpacking. So there is a little bit of Wiggy's in that new Regulator bag, rather you choose to believe it or not.

Steelhead

K
kutenay Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
You seem to have a certain difficulty with perception, hardly surprising given your choice of friends. Marc Taylor CAME HERE and interfered with MY thread to cause trouble, plain and simple. Several posters took offence at this, as I did, because this jerk NEVER deigns to share his "wisdom" with we who enjoy this MB, he ONLY posts stupid comments to cause trouble.

As to Kifaru, I do not know any of the folks there, for a number of reasons which have been exhaustively posted here; however, they do not bother me and I do not interfere with them. I have NEVER met Patrick Smith, very much doubt I ever WILL, I simply respect his integrity and find him a very decent guy, something I have NOT seen with Taylor or that idiot he represents.

I really don't CARE what filament ANYBODY uses, I do, however, seem to remember that continuous filament was invented and used BEFORE Wiggy learned his wilderness "expertise" on Coney Island, New York, boy, that's REAL bushwhacking, eh!

Nobody attacked Taylor, HE ...baited...us, in your own words and some of us, with previous experience of his slimey behaviour on the Kifaru MB do not want to have him interfere here. That should be easy to understand and the ...trivial BS... WAS started by HIM.

Now, I have had enough of this, Wiggy, Taylor and their crap simply are NOT ...the best..., they are not even particularly good!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

654 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 16,140 guests, and 1,018 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,201
Posts18,543,580
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.