Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
N.C. Highway Patrol had this issue as well . Lots if time at idle was the culprit.
........Same here in So Cal I was told.......Ram gonna go with the inline 6 bangers w/twin turbos and discontinue the 5.7 Hemi as is my understanding. Two variations of these new 6s I've learned if true, will be one with a 400 HP lower output engine while the other will be a 500 hp higher output engine.

I'm sorry. Those 6 ers will never sound as good as a Hemi with Magnaflows.....

Good amounts of good ol cubic inches have already become a thing of the past that started years ago.

F'n EPA
cant imagine how bad they will mess that up. How long they been making V 8's and still screwing them up.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK
I wouldn't own a dodge simply for the fact of them suing Ford for decreasing costs and increasing employee compensation back in 1919. The best thing that dodge has is an engine that's not even theirs, and everything else is harbor freight quality, I mean even Government Motors makes a better product. All companies make bad sheit eventually including Ford, but with dodge/chrysler it's almost as if it's written into their business model as planned obsolescence, much like Apple does with their products.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_v._Ford_Motor_Co.

If you read that and only see one side of the issue you gotta be the biggest Fanboy on earth.

Or, stupid.

Henry was screwing his investors to screw the Dodge Boys?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
I think most of the Hemi lifter issues are with MDS and high idle times. Chevy has much worse issues with their MDS system. Thanks EPA!

I would just disable that crap.
Yes to disable.

The GM AFM engines don't get a lick better mileage than non AFM engines.

$200 bucks gets an AFM disabled.

Not as good as a top end rebuild but it's a cheaper alternative.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
I wonder if a higher viscosity oil would help the stock oil pump keep the oil pressure up. I would think that it would.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
N.C. Highway Patrol had this issue as well . Lots if time at idle was the culprit.
........Same here in So Cal I was told.......Ram gonna go with the inline 6 bangers w/twin turbos and discontinue the 5.7 Hemi as is my understanding. Two variations of these new 6s I've learned if true, will be one with a 400 HP lower output engine while the other will be a 500 hp higher output engine.

I'm sorry. Those 6 ers will never sound as good as a Hemi with Magnaflows.....

Good amounts of good ol cubic inches have already become a thing of the past that started years ago.

F'n EPA
Or any V8 with Magnaflows.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wonder if a higher viscosity oil would help the stock oil pump keep the oil pressure up. I would think that it would.
..........Nope.....Because even if you use a higher viscosity oil, the oil pump flow with the stock pump is still the same.

What the Hellcat oil pump does is move the oil faster.....17% better better oil flow vs the stock 5.7 oil pumps. The Hellcat pumps have thicker impellers which moves the oil faster thru the motor

And if ya use a 5/30 oil when the factory calls for 5/20, then you could get a check engine light coming on for the wrong viscosity oil.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (16gage, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 3,101 guests, and 1,397 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,751
Posts18,476,255
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.