-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TBAC ultra 7, 30 cal, TBAC 30- p1, 30 cal, use these on my 223s to 708.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by scoony
For those that can ntch, good for you. Maybe with irons, but not with scopes. They are usually flush with the charging handle, not forward of them.
Not to get off in the weeds, but what is this "can" stuff? It doesn't take any special anatomy or talent to shoot NTCH or just off it. If you want to shoot prone or sitting without a rest or bipod, it's much, much harder to *not* shoot NTCH (or really close to it). Try it for a year, you'll shoot noticeably better. There is a reason Army, Marines, and everyone else teaches it. It's because it increases consistency and accuracy. When you study mechanics, you'll see it improves the position. Match rifles don't need this hack - you adjust the hardware instead.

I don't actually shoot with my nose on the CH, it makes my nose sore. Just off it enough to prevent contact is fine.

Here's some good reading to help you start analyzing mechanics - https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product/ways-of-the-rifle/shop-by-department

Merry Christmas!

Politics is War by Other Means
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Not to get off in the weeds, but what is this "can" stuff? It doesn't take any special anatomy or talent to shoot NTCH or just off it. If you want to shoot prone or sitting without a rest or bipod, it's much, much harder to *not* shoot NTCH (or really close to it). Try it for a year, you'll shoot noticeably better. There is a reason Army, Marines, and everyone else teaches it. It's because it increases consistency and accuracy. When you study mechanics, you'll see it improves the position.

Merry Christmas!

22 years of doing it in the Army so well aware. Arthritis makes it not so easy anymore.

Something I noticed with the Hybrid-46, with 223 and 6.8, there is enough gas coming back in the face that I had to switch over to charging handles that block it. With the Ruger SFAR, there is no noticeable gas coming back in the face.

T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
The blow back is what I don’t want and why I specified this will be for an AR, mainly a Colt 11.5” gun. I’m leaning towards a flow through can or at least a K can that takes the bite out of the bark.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TWR
The blow back is what I don’t want and why I specified this will be for an AR, mainly a Colt 11.5” gun. I’m leaning towards a flow through can or at least a K can that takes the bite out of the bark.

I recently picked up a 22 LR conversion and noticed that I was getting some sort of blow-back on my nose and that was with no suppressor. A little different from suppressor blow-back, but just as annoying. The charging handles that are designed to block it, seem to work well.

IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Garand Thumb did a video on suppressing a 50bmg. It seemed like the hyperion made a noticable difference because of it's dual chamber/volume design.

That said, I fall into the camp of think that says a suppressor is basically a suppressor. Just the same way I don't believe in big differences between pistol calibers, I don't think that there's really any practical differences in performance for suppressors. I think construction/weight vs the volume of fire you plan to put through it will have more to do with what you choose.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by CashisKing

This video is an AR...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For those that can ntch, good for you. Maybe with irons, but not with scopes. They are usually flush with the charging handle, not forward of them.
Not to get off in the weeds, but what is this "can" stuff? It doesn't take any special anatomy or talent to shoot NTCH or just off it. If you want to shoot prone or sitting without a rest or bipod, it's much, much harder to *not* shoot NTCH (or really close to it). Try it for a year, you'll shoot noticeably better. There is a reason Army, Marines, and everyone else teaches it. It's because it increases consistency and accuracy. When you study mechanics, you'll see it improves the position. Match rifles don't need this hack - you adjust the hardware instead.

I don't actually shoot with my nose on the CH, it makes my nose sore. Just off it enough to prevent contact is fine.

Here's some good reading to help you start analyzing mechanics - https://www.creedmoorsports.com/product/ways-of-the-rifle/shop-by-department

Merry Christmas!

A good example of someone with little knowledge trying to apply High Power shooting tecniques to hunting and other dynamic field shooting.

Nobody uses NTCH in anything but a specialized target shooting application, at least nobody that can shoot well.

Frank Proctor.

My good friend Jerry M.

My good friend Kyle Lamb.

My good friend Dan Horner.

For a specialized target game like High Power NTCH can work well but it's use is only for that specialized game.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
For a specialized target game like High Power NTCH can work well but it's use is only for that specialized game.
You miss out on much of the versatility of the AR15. NTCH works for the field too. Let's see you shoot from sitting without it.

ETA: What your videos show is a lot of very low-precision shooting. Is there anything that *doesn't* work for that?

Politics is War by Other Means
T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Got it narrowed down to 3, a Surefire SOCOM RC2, Dead Air Sierra5 and a Huxwrx Flow 5.56 K.

Shot the Huxwrx today on a Colt 11.5” barrel, no ear pro, it was bearable maybe a little less than a 22 LR. No blowback that I could discern even shooting left handed.

Surefire seems like a solid choice and is in stock at my dealer but it’s heavy.

The Dead Air is the lightest of the 3 and has a bit better flash suppression from low light videos I’ve seen. Finding one to shoot will be the hard part.

Right now the Huxwrx seems like a good combination of everything I want. Going back to my dealer to see if he can get one and how much.

Anymore input?

Last edited by TWR; 12/31/22.
IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by TWR
Got it narrowed down to 3, a Surefire SOCOM RC2, Dead Air Sierra5 and a Huxwrx Flow 5.56 K.

Shot the Huxwrx today on a Colt 11.5” barrel, no ear pro, it was bearable maybe a little less than a 22 LR. No blowback that I could discern even shooting left handed.

Surefire seems like a solid choice and is in stock at my dealer but it’s heavy.

The Dead Air is the lightest of the 3 and has a bit better flash suppression from low light videos I’ve seen. Finding one to shoot will be the hard part.

Right now the Huxwrx seems like a good combination of everything I want. Going back to my dealer to see if he can get one and how much.

Anymore input?

You might compare to Griffin Armaments Optimus 9 and Optimus Micro. Former being configurable, more versatile, but heavier (at least in largest format)... and latter being less capable but lighter.

I haven't compared with others, so this is just an observation, not a recommendation.

-Chris

Last edited by Ranger4444; 01/01/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TWR
And from my understanding go with a .30 caliber to eliminate some of the blowback.

Looking Sandman S, Omega 300 and Griffen Reece myself.

Leaning Sandman S for the brake, flash hider and ability to change end caps.

Supposed to go to the dealer in about a month to check these out.

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/01/23.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Found a Huxwrx Flow 556K today and paid my money, now the wait begins again...

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Has anyone tried a Dead Air Nomad LT?

Supposedly great suppression at the expense of great backpressure, per reviews. Seems like a nice big suppressor for the range, not sure how it would work with an AR...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Not to get off in the weeds, but what is this "can" stuff? It doesn't take any special anatomy or talent to shoot NTCH or just off it. If you want to shoot prone or sitting without a rest or bipod, it's much, much harder to *not* shoot NTCH (or really close to it). Try it for a year, you'll shoot noticeably better. There is a reason Army, Marines, and everyone else teaches it. It's because it increases consistency and accuracy. When you study mechanics, you'll see it improves the position.

Merry Christmas!

22 years of doing it in the Army so well aware. Arthritis makes it not so easy anymore.

Something I noticed with the Hybrid-46, with 223 and 6.8, there is enough gas coming back in the face that I had to switch over to charging handles that block it. With the Ruger SFAR, there is no noticeable gas coming back in the face.
No need to switch. Just need to learn how to use cheap RTV silicone...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Just because you block it from hitting you in the face, it doesn't do anything about the extra gas/pressure dumping into the bolt carrier and wearing internals.

That's the allure to the new "flow" type cans designed for AR's, at least that's what got me hooked.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

102 members (300_savage, 35, 10Glocks, 375TN, 6mmCreedmoor, 10 invisible), 1,412 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,329
Posts18,505,912
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.