-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 66 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 65 66
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't take the time to read all 18 pages of comments on this, and I find it a little humorous that this even comes up. To answer this question, HECK YES I HUNT WITH A ROUND IN THE CHAMBER! It's been my experience that deer don't tend to stand still and count to 10 Mississippi while I'm loading my gun. I've never seen a ringneck hover patiently waiting on me to dig a load of 6 shot out of my pocket and chamber it in the gun. No offense inteded, but to me this seems like a pretty lame question.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Lame as the guy shot in the leg I met last month?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Hey gopher, its an interesting read...If you have the time.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Henry McCann
A round in the chamber is bad, but ammo in the magazine??

I leave my ammunition at camp. When I see an animal I want to shoot I leave my rifle there, run back to camp, get the ammunition, run back to my rifle, load and shoot the animal. Most big game will stand in one spot for up to six hours, until I get back.

I immediately unload the rifle, leave it there, run the ammo back to camp, then run back to take care of the animal. Only an irresponsible dunderhead would have ammunition in the magazine while hunting.

TooFFunny !!!
Thank You, Henry

BT53
"Where do they find young men like this?" Reporter Savidge, Iraq
Elk, it's what's for dinner....

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Funny chit watching folks announce their incompetence as GOOD.....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe that's why I'm laughing... let me check... nope!

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Maybe we should just outlaw all guns and ammo so we will all be safe. Who's with me????????

Come on Guys and Gals, let it drop. Some of you were born and raised to have one in the pipe, others were not, and still others have made the decision on their own due to something they have seen or heard about to not carry HOT. I respect each and every one of your opinions, but please don't try to force feed me on your thoughts when I am hunting in my sandbox. If I come to your sandbox, I will follow your rules within reason (I will not hunt naked or wear pink in any fashion, I don't care what your rules are).

Again, let it go. The anti's don't need any extra ammo and we are going to need to be a unified force if Hiliary is voted in.

CK

CK
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I'm a curious guy by nature, so when I walk through the woods I'm always checking my safety to see if it still works...as soon as they quit, I get them fixed.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kodiak-you're right, I should read the whole thread, but it's not going to change my view on this. As for the guy who got shot in the leg-how'd it happen-what's the details. Every gun I own has a working safety on it. Unless I'm squeezing the trigger, that safety is on at all times, whether the gun is loaded or not. I don't make a habit of pointing the muzzle end of my guns at myself or any other human being. If you guys feel the need to hunt with an empty chamber, more power to ya', but I would have to think the vast majority of hunters keep one in the chamber on the off chance that they just might find a critter to shoot at. I am going back to read the whole thread now.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Kodiak-you're right, I should read the whole thread, but it's not going to change my view on this. As for the guy who got shot in the leg-how'd it happen-what's the details. Every gun I own has a working safety on it. Unless I'm squeezing the trigger, that safety is on at all times, whether the gun is loaded or not. I don't make a habit of pointing the muzzle end of my guns at myself or any other human being. If you guys feel the need to hunt with an empty chamber, more power to ya', but I would have to think the vast majority of hunters keep one in the chamber on the off chance that they just might find a critter to shoot at. I am going back to read the whole thread now.

And at that time, you'll see my stance on hot or not...(Hot, usually, at work or play.)

Not suggesting it will (or in fact should)change your mind, only that its an interesting read.

Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
(I will not hunt naked or wear pink in any fashion, I don't care what your rules are).

CK

I have...oh wait, are we talking about the same thing?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Loaded round in the chamber here while in the field. I'm surprised at how many stories I've heard over the years about people discharging their rifles inside their vehicles. A good friend's wife shot a hole through his pickup a year ago unloading her rifle!?

2Seventy

Member: NRA Life Benefactor
Gun Owners of America
2nd Amendment Foundation
Jeff_O Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Ford or Chevy?

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Toyota?

HoundGirl

Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog.
-- Mark Twain

Part of me lives with the wind in my face,
while the other part is barely alive.

--Mary Gauthier
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HoundGirl
Toyota?

HoundGirl

Hehe [Linked Image]

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
502 cubic inches of raw american horsepower...Aaaar Aaaar Aaaar (tim allen impression)
Nice.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got to love a bad azz rat motor!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I didn't know that 502 Chevy's were options in Toyota's!!
:Grin:

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 340boy
I didn't know that 502 Chevy's were options in Toyota's!!
:Grin:

Sure they do grin Toy's work great with Chevy power plants!! My rock crawling rig runs a 4.3l vortec and loves it grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Poot,
that must an ATV on steroids!!
Cool...

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Page 10 of 66 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 65 66

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 117LBS, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 47 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,339 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,921
Posts18,518,822
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.