Print Thread
Hop To
K
ktk120 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Asked this in another section before i saw this section. Any reputable gunsmiths who do siamese mauser converstions?

I have lost patience trying to find one already done and looking now at what it would cost to one based off a stripped action.

someone recommended DPCD mauser gunsmithing. Cant find a contact or shop name or email.

Anyone know?

GB1

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Look at Accuratereloading.com. Gunsmithing.

K
ktk120 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
I looked over there and i see he is a member but i still didnt see any contact info and I'm not on that forum as a member

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Too hard to apply?

dpcd67yahoo.com

K
ktk120 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Yep it is and then wait another several days for approval and then do x number of posts or day till you can contact. yes i need to get some info fast before these actions are sold.

Thanks tho

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I had ER Shaw convert one to .45-70 for me years ago. Not sure if they still do?

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have an action rat holed if you want it. It is in good condition, but the prior owner bead blasted it. I have not looked at it in years. It is in the shop at the old house. I just built a new place, and have not got the shop moved yet, so it could take a few days to get there, take pictures etc..

I have not posted in years as I tired of the back biting etc. that takes place.

I would be happy to send this to a smith of your choice if you are interested. I could email pics, you could make an offer, but I will not be posting on here. You would not have to mail payment until you had an opportunity to look at the action or the smith verified it had arrived. I really do not need the action, or the money, but neither one of us needs to be ripped off, and I am coming at you out of the blue after not posting for years.

If you are wondering, I am not someone's sock puppet. When I was building a Siamese in 25AKI years ago, I pissed off z1r on Sporterizing.com with a comment I made. He may remember that as verification.

K
ktk120 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
K
Sent you an private message eclectic. Thank you!

z1r Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by eclectic
I have an action rat holed if you want it. It is in good condition, but the prior owner bead blasted it. I have not looked at it in years. It is in the shop at the old house. I just built a new place, and have not got the shop moved yet, so it could take a few days to get there, take pictures etc..

I have not posted in years as I tired of the back biting etc. that takes place.

I would be happy to send this to a smith of your choice if you are interested. I could email pics, you could make an offer, but I will not be posting on here. You would not have to mail payment until you had an opportunity to look at the action or the smith verified it had arrived. I really do not need the action, or the money, but neither one of us needs to be ripped off, and I am coming at you out of the blue after not posting for years.

If you are wondering, I am not someone's sock puppet. When I was building a Siamese in 25AKI years ago, I pissed off z1r on Sporterizing.com with a comment I made. He may remember that as verification.

Sorry, I try not to hold grudges and have mellowed quite a bit (hopefully) since then. I don't recall having posted on the Sporterizing forum in about ten years or so. Different time, different place. Apologies for any inappropriate comments I may have made.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I had hoped to not be posting again after PM'ing the OP, but I should not let this pass. You were not the one who was out of line on that other forum. I remember it because my behavior was crass, boorish and totally inappropriate. Maybe we have both mellowed. My Irish temper is one of the few things I rue in my life.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1minute, 160user, 21, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 58 invisible), 2,660 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,855
Posts18,478,502
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.