Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I recently purchased the Steiner Predator 4 2.5-10 x 42 from Doug. Great scope and excellent quality. Lifetime warranty and a free turret dial to one's own specs. Leupold is good but Steiner is great. I received the scope caps from Elwood Epps out of Canada. The nicest guy any would ever meet.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by Synoptic; 02/14/23.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
what reticle did it come with?

Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E3 Reticle

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I’m debating one of these or the 3-10 SHV next. Weight between the two are pretty damn close, both are illuminated, but the SHV is a bit more compact which I like.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Motown
I’m debating one of these or the 3-10 SHV next. Weight between the two are pretty damn close, both are illuminated, but the SHV is a bit more compact which I like.

The SHV is almost 2 inches shorter. This would only be relevant to bolt action rifles unless one is using a picatinney rail. The Predator 4 has a far better field of view without any doubt. And the Predator 4 has lighter weight. The range is easily doable at 500 yards (Steiner Predator 4). The only thing the SHV has going for it, if any can consider it is max windage and elevation. However, one can compensate in using an elevated picatinney rail. *The field of field is critical whereby the Steiner Predator 4 clearly outmatches the SHV. In terms of clarity, it would be extremely difficult to overcome Steiner. All coatings and assembly are right from Germany: The home of the utmost optics and where many manufacturer's come to get their optics. Also, Steiner Predator 4 is 'Made in Germany'. Lifetime Warranty and a 'Free' Custom Turret for the Steiner Predator 4.

Last edited by Synoptic; 02/15/23.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The predator 4 is 22.4 oz.

I’m still not convinced this isn’t an AI project of an MIT grad student.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The scope sure seems to offer a lot at the price point that Doug has them at. "Made in Germany" is not a selling point for me.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Germany is the benchmark of quality and precision. "All" manufacturer's come to the home of Germany for their optics. Japan may be an exception. In this respect, even all the high brand scopes assembled in the U.S. come to Germany for their optics.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

WHAT? In terms of weight, the Steiner is a tad more. So, in my error you seek to diminish my thread.

Last edited by Synoptic; 02/15/23.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Synoptic
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

WHAT? In terms of weight, the Steiner is a tad more. So, in my error you seek to diminish my thread.

It isn’t the error.

Carry on.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Germany is the benchmark of quality and precision. "All" manufacturer's come to the home of Germany for their optics. Japan may be an exception. In this respect, even all the high brand scopes assembled in the U.S. come to Germany for their optics.

Uhhh, negative. Steiner has always been a wannabe, and not a real player. Can't think of one single thing they excel at whether it be scopes, binos, or bino/rf's.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Uhhh, negative. Steiner has always been a wannabe, and not a real player. Can't think of one single thing they excel at whether it be scopes, binos, or bino/rf's.

* You merely provide a ghost story whereby you have no grounds, none to prove your assertion. Steiner has stepped up lately, lest you have not heard.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Man, you'd think somebody with 26,505 posts on this forum would actually have some experience (or would you?)
Some guys rely on others to tell them "what's the next hot ticket", others find out for themselves.

Current crop being "tested"............man I've gone through a bunch.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I agree with the OP, the Steiner Predator 4 series is one of the best to ever come from Steiner. The new T6xi 3-18x56 msr2 Mil is proving to be exceptional as well.

The little predator 4 2-10x42 matches well with a 223 Montana and reticle is nicely done to boot. Holdovers for coyotes out to 500 no problem to match up well with various loads using the Strelok Pro ballistic app (reticle feature).

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Minor league stuff.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Minor league stuff.

All in good fun Pard'

Hey, I've got a Tract 15x56 in the classifieds. I don't ship to Texas though.........sorry

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I'm running Meostar's. Big League stuff.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I'm running Meostar's. Big League stuff.

Who "told you that"?

Bet these Bushies at $450 would make you cry.

What happened to all your TRACT love (Flavor of the year?)

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Love the 8x42 Toric binos, and Toric 3-15 plex rifle scope. Top shelf stuff.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Germany is the benchmark of quality and precision. .

WOW you must drive a BMW or Benz to have such a pompous outlook and think the world revolves around Deutschland

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by boatanchor
Germany is the benchmark of quality and precision. .

WOW you must drive a BMW or Benz to have such a pompous outlook and think the world revolves around Deutschland

Yessir, that's quite an ignorant statement. Maybe he doesn't realize Meopta made Ziess 85mm spotting scopes for years, in the Czech Republic, said so right on the box. Ol' Carl Zeiss must have thought enough of Meopta to put their name on Meopta's stuff. Oh, and never mind Meopta cuts, grinds, and polishes it's own glass, in house, something very few optic companies anywhere do.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,711
Posts18,514,006
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.