[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
I like this reticle.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
* Thanks very much. I've always liked the State of Oklahoma. In my personal opinion, the E3 excels many as the light is a plus. By the way, I like your digital signature which I am in total agreement. There has been some contention with a few here, namely the fella from Texas which Our Eternal Light brings judgement upon very often. Surely, he can recognize that as 'not being ignorant'. Irrespective of that, thanks for the courtesy. I have no intention to bicker when there really is no call to institute or inflame ignorant cowboys.

Last edited by Synoptic; 02/15/23.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Synoptic
* Thanks very much. I've always liked the State of Oklahoma. In my personal opinion, the E3 excels many as the light is a plus. By the way, I like your digital signature which I am in total agreement. There has been some contention with a few here, namely the fella from Texas which Our Eternal Light brings judgement upon very often. Surely, he can recognize that as 'not being ignorant'. Irrespective of that, thanks for the courtesy. I have no intention to bicker when there really is no call to institute or inflame ignorant cowboys.
You seem extraordinarily defensive and sensitive.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
You're not made and never will be.

Romans 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Are you a psychologist?

IC B2

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by screaminweasil
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Minor league stuff.

All in good fun Pard'

Hey, I've got a Tract 15x56 in the classifieds. I don't ship to Texas though.........sorry

We do not purchase from Texas nor do we ship to Texas.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are you a psychologist?
. Between your Euroenvy, your hypersensitivity and your tendency to be illogical, you have all the makings of a Biden voter.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have the non-illuminated version of this reticle in a couple of Burris scopes and it is one of my favorite walkabout prairie dog reticles.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

Are you a psychologist?
. Between your Euroenvy, your hypersensitivity and your tendency to be illogical, you have all the makings of a Biden voter.

* I am a member of the Assembly of Yahweh.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
@ OSU Sig:

* That is the truth.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I have the non-illuminated version of this reticle in a couple of Burris scopes and it is one of my favorite walkabout prairie dog reticles.

It's a great reticle for holdovers. I LOVE it for that on varmint rifles. The Steiner 4-16x50 Predator 4 is even better than the 2-10x, optically. Both have amazing contrast (pop) and well thought out illumination as well. The center cross illumination is daylight bright, also very dim when necessary for low light. Of which, this scope is outstanding at low light.

At CameralandNY prices, these are an unbeatable deal for (what they are)

Initial tracking tests in one 2-10 and two 3-15x showed no perceivable error out to 20 MOA tested.

Last edited by screaminweasil; 02/15/23. Reason: Error in scope power range
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member

It's a great reticle for holdovers. I LOVE it for that on varmint rifles. The Steiner 3-15x50 Predator 4 is even better than the 2-10x, optically. Both have amazing contrast (pop) and well thought out illumination as well. The center cross illumination is daylight bright, also very dim when necessary for low light. Of which, this scope is outstanding at low light.

Initial tracking tests in one 2-10 and two 3-15x showed no perceivable error out to 20 MOA tested.

I've heard that the 50 is better than the 10. However the 10 is all I need. I purchased more than a few items from Doug, great guy and reasonable prices. His brother is also of the same fold, only dealing in cameras. I enjoy speaking with both. I really can't comprehend why some take a dislike to Steiner whereas the optics are the utmost quality. And, with a Lifetime Warranty and 'Free' custom turret to boot. I purchased for the clarity and for specifically the 'light'. I've heard that the illumination is equally correct at day or night. Thanks for the courtesy.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Are you a psychologist?

Sock puppet, no doubt.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You're not made and never will be.
#machinelearningfail

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

It's a great reticle for holdovers. I LOVE it for that on varmint rifles. The Steiner 3-15x50 Predator 4 is even better than the 2-10x, optically. Both have amazing contrast (pop) and well thought out illumination as well. The center cross illumination is daylight bright, also very dim when necessary for low light. Of which, this scope is outstanding at low light.

Based on your experience, I think I will try one. Thanks.

Could it be a 4-16? Ican't find a 3-15.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 02/15/23.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Based on your experience, I think I will try one. Thanks.

Could it be a 4-16? Ican't find a 3-15.

Yes, sorry. It is a 4-16x50 that I was referring. Looked at too many scope boxes today.

Steiner Predator 4 4-16x50 from Camerland. You will LOVE IT.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
here really is no call to institute or inflame ignorant cowboys.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
"Leupold is good but Steiner is great".

Opinions are like butt holes....everyone has one and most stink applies to that comment.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Have a pair of Steiner compact binoculars that are fantastic. They are maybe 18 yo or so. When I bought them they compared favorably with other models in their price tier, which was around $5-800, IIRC. In addition to still offering a great view, they've been exceedingly rugged over a ton of use and more than a few drops onto rocks and from tree stands (I pocket carry them, so there's not a lanyard or strap to help keep them from falling.)

I'd try one of their rifles scopes, but they never seem to offer a configuration and/or reticle that trips my trigger. The new 2-16 is a prime example: MOA only, SFP, BDC reticle. SFP, BDC reticle in a scope that tops out at 16X? That'd be exciting news if it were 1998. And, let's not forget the included custom turret! I wonder how many scopes that actually sells these days? I find it more cumbersome than actually using measurements, but viva la difference.

Had they offered it in Mil/Mil with a decent, measuring FFP reticle instead of a BDC that may or may not line up with your bullet in the atmosphere/s in which you send it, they might have had a winner. As it is, I wouldn't be surprised to see them on big sales or closeouts in a couple of years.

I don't buy them because of the whole CCP thing, but Athlon and Arken seem to get it as far as building a rugged scope in a common sense configuration with good reticles, and the only complaint you read or hear about them, other than COO, is that they're perpetually sold out.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I've not searched to try to find this.... What are the sub tensions of the shown reticle on max power in the 2.5-10x42?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

108 members (10gaugemag, 308ld, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16 invisible), 1,727 guests, and 984 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,650
Posts18,512,630
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.