Campfire Outfitter
Long time ago I had Luscious Leslie sit on my lap at Weasels near Eagle River

GOA
GB1

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
In the absolute best job Iโ€™ve ever had in my life,๐Ÿ˜† I was doing Orkin Pest Control in the very worst parts of Detroit around 1976. One of my clients was Gladys Knight. She was avery nice woman. She had a large house in a nice part of the area, either Harper Woods or another good neighborhood then. She was a classy woman.

A mile away the neighborhood changed dramatically, I , as the cue ball in those neighborhoods was threatened repeatedly. I was glad to move on!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Marilynn Quayle's secret service detail roughed me up when they cut in line to the Big Dipper rollercoaster I was standing in line for down in Santa Cruz. Pissed me off.

There was a brief scuffle.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by T_O_M
What counts for celebrity? Sports? Music? Politics? Anything else?
Anything you want

even a movie dog
Met the dog Freeway at Elke Sommers house and her husband that wrote the movie Brubaker. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
People I have talked to, either a little or a lot to the following people.

Michael Keaton
Jerry Glandville
Mark Wahlberg
Justice Antonin Scalia
Steve Forbes
Mike Horstman
Geraldo Rivera

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

IC B2

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I dated both Elizabeth Shue and Mira Sorvino in college. They thought I was one of them Kennedys. I wasn't. I met Bob Hope in college and had some really famous professors who are either dead or really old. I got an A in Alan Dershowitz's Constitutional Law class that he allowed me to take as an Undergrad because I had done well in his other classes. I tossed Obama out of my dorm room while he was at HLS with his Asian Girlfriend. I got into several arguments with Joy Reid who only hit on white guys that were metro sexuals. I introduced Sharon Sandberg at our last virtual reunion. Presently, I am very good friends with a lot of really cool people including Mainer, Heimo and Edna, the Seldens, Gary Green, Marty Meirotto. I prefer this type of folk over the big wig people. Just way more even and wholesome.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I met Alan Jackson In a WI motel years ago.

He was nice to me.

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Bill Clinton, Michael Jordan, Jerry Clower, Arnold S, Ted Nugent, Bob Hope, Bruce Sutter (MLB HOF relief pitcher), Beaver10, Hank Williams, Jr, Dennis Hopper.

Hunted and fished with a ton of outdoor โ€œcelebsโ€. Bill Dance (a true gentleman), Roland Martin, etc.

Last edited by Godogs57; 02/24/23.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by mbrook
Ran into Ted Nugent in the check in line at the Albuquerque NM airport. I said hello and mentioned where I live, which is relatively near his place in Michigan. Thought that was the end of it, but when I sat down at the gate, he walked in and sat down next to me. We talked hunting/politics, Detroit rock during the late 60s and 70s, etc for the next hour or so until boarding. He was very gracious and invited my son and I out to hunt on his land, which we never did.

Heโ€™s a very nice person, nothing like his TV persona.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Went on an Elk hunt in 2007 with Lance Berkman. Very nice guy who invited me and my son on a WT hunt at his ranch NW of Houston. Had a great time and Lance and my high school age son had a great time talking sports. Beautiful ranch with incredible deer as well.

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Stevie Nicks in a grocery store in Minneapolis back in the late 80's. We chatted briefly but mostly I ogled her body in a pair of tight shorts. She was quite nice and incredibly hot.

Waylon Jennings when i was doing sideline work pulling cable in a recording studio.

Prince in the club my sister worked at. She actually knew him pretty well. It was late and we both were pretty blasted.

Bo Jackson. Golfed three holes with him in Chicago. Very fun person. He could rip a golf ball....

Lenny Wilkins player and then coach of the Seattle Supersonics.

Wilt Chamberlain at a dinner club in Vancouver BC back in 1977. He was sitting at the table next to ours with three hot blond women. First class ass to some of the people around us though.

Golfer John Daley a couple days before the Doral Open. We went to the putting green before our round and ended up on the wrong one. John came out with a bag of balls and a beer. We ended up bs'ing with him for quite a while. Super nice and regular guy. Puffing butts, drinking his beer, and hitting putts....doesnt get any better!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Met 2-3 NFL players. Shook hands with Calvin "Megatron" Johnson.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kareem walked right past me in Vegas 2 months ago. He seemed excited.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shook hands or had mostly brief conversations with the following:

Ashley Judd (not very friendly)
Jimmy Carter (was 10 years old and in a long line of people)
John Wooden (spoke to my college basketball team for an hour and gave me some personal pointers while watching our practice)
Fred Thompson (struck up conversation at Tennessee Titans game. Very nice guy)
Pat Summit (several conversations at UT alumni events. Very down to earth and personable)
Peyton Manning (just a handshake and a brief hello)
Vince Gill (at a small get together at mutual friend's house. Super nice guy and very funny)

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Al Kaline, VERY nice guy.
Stevie Nicks, she was very nice and really gorgeous.
Charleton Heston. After calling him Mr. Heston he said "call me Chuck".
Ted Nugent, nothing like what you see on TV. Met him at a youth archery seminar that he sponsered, no big ego it was all about the kids.
Jackie Stewart and Graham Hill at an IROC race in the 70s.
I met George Romney when I was in grade school (that's Mitt's dad and the governor of Michigan at the time).

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.โ€

Patrick Henry
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
While a police officer I was working backstage at the Harley Davidson 90th or 95th anniversary when ZZ Top came out of their dressing room and were talking to fellow wearing a Harley shirt and jeans.
Once they went on stage and started playing he walked over to me and asked if there had been any problems with the revelers. I explained that things had been running smooth. I asked him if he worked at Harley Davidson? He replied somewhat surprised, "No, I'm Peter Fonda."

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
When I was a young kid I saw Minnesota Fats several times at the local IGA.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I met President Donald J. Trump at the Fireplace Gallery when I was buying new stove pipe. He said to say Hi to everyone on the 24HRCF
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Growing up, Pat Priest was our neighbor, so was Virginia Mayo. Saw Slim Pickens around a lot. Brad Johnson would come in a buy some Winchesters from the GL in Fort Worth. We talked a lot as we had a couple common friends.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In the late '90s, Barbara Mandrell and her family were in Montana for a vacation and she and her husband shot Skeet at several of the ranges here. I first met her with the help of my Golden Retriever "chick magnet" in the parking lot of the Billings Skeet club. The next week they came to Bozeman and shot at our Skeet range and on my squad. While we were shooting, her kids played shotshell fetch with Buffy, my Golden Retriever, who set her record of retrieving eight 12 ga shotshells in one mouthfull.

When we were done shooting Barbara agreed to take this picture with me and Buffy. The next week we were both at the Great Falls shoot, and Barbara autographed the picture which I put in my trophy case at home. Not long after that my now ex wife burned the picture.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 73 invisible), 16,382 guests, and 1,013 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,184
Posts18,543,283
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.