Home
??

Anyone us fine friends know?
I met aaron nevell at the airport. I couldn’t stop staring at that lemon size mole on his forehead
* all misspellings and typos add authenticity to the thread format
I like peanut butter on my cellary stix.
mee to
Mark Rypien's wife and one of my buddies sister's are good friends. As a senior in HS, I was out with him and one of his teammates. Dude's fingers were so big that I felt pretty insignificant shaking his hand.
Ran into Brittany Spears at the Prop Stop on the Tickfaw once.

Surprisingly hot in a trashy sort of way.
I had a "reduction surgery" done once and the recipient was in the next bunk was Ron Jeremy.
Let’s see…..

Sat on local D.C. tv personality Pick Temple’s knee at a grocery store opening about 1957

Saw Sissy Spacek in a Food Lion. She was somewhat incognito, but I spotted her, and she knew I knew

Ran into some of the Redskins Hogs at Charles Town Races

Met Sam Huff at a town meeting about adding more slots at the track. We spoke a bit, and he was very cordial, even though we were on opposing sides. Used to see his Caddy on the road occasionally.

Met Oliver North at the barber shop. My son sold him a shotgun at Gander Mountain. Ollie was also very nice, and we talked shotguns a bit.

Always hoped to run into Willard Scott at the local produce market, but never did. He was a local D.C. celeb when I was growing up. My son worked there for years and Willard came in now and then.
Reading a scrooge mcduck comic is the nearest I have come to celebrity greatness.
Can't find any Jughead Jones comics...
Sure, lots of them. Some were only celebrities in their own mind.
Meeted OJ Simpkins befour he kilt peoples.
What counts for celebrity? Sports? Music? Politics? Anything else?
Im pegging CCCCCCC for a George Plimpton encounter.

lol
Nodded my head at a passing Scott Glenn in the LA airport.

He had a pretty serious Fugg You look.
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Anything you want

even a movie dog
Woulda loved to have met Asta, but alas he passed before I was born. Damn fine actor.
Packer players don't count.

Ran into Dan Ackroyd in CA.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Im pegging CCCCCCC for a George Plimpton encounter. lol
Fail, and you are pegging yourself, you attention whore.
I was once in LA visiting friends and they took me to the airport so I could fly home. I wanted to get a picture of all of us together and this was way before you could take your own selfie. I turned to look for someone to take our picture and saw a very petite, very pretty blonde walking past. I approached her with a camera in my hand, and I could see her getting ready to say yes before I even spoke. I asked her "Would you take our picture?" and started to hand her the camera. The look of agreement was replaced by a look of complete confusion.

It was Cheryl Ladd, of Charlie's Angels and I expect this was the first time anyone had ever asked her to take their picture.
I met Tom Cruise and Christopher Reeves, before he became a quadriplegic at a private gym I belonged to that was in the Four Seasons Hotel in Montreal, back in 1984.

KB
My father used to clean Betty Davis's fireplace. He told me she was bombed by 9:00 am. One of her Oscars' was on the mantle over the fireplace.

I met Anthony Bourdain in a restaurant. He was very gracious even though he was still eating.
Sure. Three, off the top of my head.

Shook hands and had a brief conversation with Pat Buchanan at a $100.00 a plate dinner/fund raiser for his presidential campaign.

I said, "Hey, Newt Gingrich," and waved at him at the airport while he was on the phone. He looked back and waved.

In DC, Phil Donahue ran past me to catch a cab. As he got in, I said, "Hey, Phill Donahue," and he looked back and waved.
I shook hands with former Fort Worth representative and Speaker of the House Jim Wright at the Fort Worth Stock Show one year.
Got an autograph from Shirley Muldowney and Don Garlits.
Got an autograph from Bob Hoover, Chuck Yeager, and a bunch of other WWII pilots. Also got one from Randy "Duke" Cunningham.
I once shared an elevator with Pat Sajak in Hawaii. Unfortunately, Vanna wasn't with him.
Ran into Ted Nugent in the check in line at the Albuquerque NM airport. I said hello and mentioned where I live, which is relatively near his place in Michigan. Thought that was the end of it, but when I sat down at the gate, he walked in and sat down next to me. We talked hunting/politics, Detroit rock during the late 60s and 70s, etc for the next hour or so until boarding. He was very gracious and invited my son and I out to hunt on his land, which we never did.
I met Donald Sutherland on a New Brunswick train once.

Nice guy!

It was great fun talking to Sgt. Oddball of Kelly's Heroes!

/John
Jerry Falwell jr
Ed Meese gave me a toy truck.
Originally Posted by 160user
I had a "reduction surgery" done once and the recipient was in the next bunk was Ron Jeremy.

laugh laugh laugh
Quite a few in the course of my employment as a police officer in Columbus Ohio. The best one was I was working Special Duty security at a Hotel on the Ohio State University district. There was a big Rap concert at the Schottenstein Center with Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, Eminem etc. Most of them stayed downtown at the Hyatt Regency. Ice Cube rented most of the 11th floor of my hotel. There was a steady stream of young girls going up to the floor all evening after the concert. I kept getting loud noise complaints about the 11th floor. After a few complaints I went up to 11 and found Ice Cube standing in the hall romancing some 18-20 year old girl. I told him that I’d had several noise complaints and if I get another one you will be sleeping on your bus. I asked if he understood, and he said yes sir. I had no more problems with him or his posse. I was amazed at how small of a guy he was. They make him look bigger in the movies.

Ron
I cut a couple of Ribeyes for Cliff Claven..

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Ran into a few, some you may have heard of.

Ron Palillo (Arnold Horseshack)
Mickey Dolenz
Oliver North
Randy Weaver
Robert Duvall
Every governor of Michigan from 92-2016, and a couple VA governors. A few members of congress.

Nothing significant about any of the meetings, but Horseshack was a nice guy.

Old70
I met and spoke to ice skater Scott Hamilton. And I went back stage and socialized with Joan Jett.
So far no one for Micky Rooney
Sat across from Bill Gates on a flight to London.

Would have stepped in front of George Bush Sr. at an SCI convention if a SS agent hadn't stepped in from of me. Also saw Chuck Jager eating at a table close to us at SCI.

Met Buzz Aldrin at a hosted party at a convention I was working at.
Celebrities encounter me - you know the poster (probably)
Yeah, bunches...

Red Skelton
Sheena Easton
Mandrell sisters
Gordy Howe
Marlo Thomas
Phil Donahue
Warren Oates
Buck Taylor
David Pearson
Hank Jr.
Al Giddings
And one who became a dear friend, Tom Knapp
I met Hanco. He just as nice in person as on the Fire. Hasbeen
More than a few. wink

L.W.
Hell yeah, when I was a boy I had my picture taken with Jody from Family Affair.
Dinah Shore in the living room of her home in BH (about1970).

Newt Gingrich at a private reception in 2016. Also Van Jones at the same reception. I told them I thought Trump would take Ohio.

Neal Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin, at NASA Lewis in 1994.
Ted Nugent signed one of my old bows, handed it back and said "I don't want to see that F'n thing on eBay either!" lol
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Hell yeah, when I was a boy I had my picture taken with Jody from Family Affair.
🤣🙀😱
I met Cassius Clay in Dade County jail.

Oh Yea! And Danica Patrick.
Jesse Owens, I bussed his table at a nice restaurant in 1972. He gave me a big tip.
Milton Berle, chatted with him at the Quad cities airport, mid 80s.
Al Unser, in mid 90s, sat next to him at the head table at a business convention, we talked elk hunting.
Paul Ryan, when he was speaker.
James Caan
I shook hands with Johnny Cash.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Got an autograph from Shirley Muldowney and Don Garlits.
"Cha Cha" & "Big Daddy"
First one I remember as a kid was that Rican on Sanford and Son. Yeah that guy from Barney Miller.
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yeah, bunches...

Red Skelton

I saw him when he did his last tour, 1992? I still have his show program around somewhere. Saw the Fort Worth mayor in the lobby before the show.
Clem Kadiddlehopper?
Met Bing Crosby on Cascade Ranch in San Mateo county CA. while quail hunting. My Shorthair Dotti slammed onto point and when half a dozen quail got up I got a triple with a 20 gauge Browning auto five. He came clean across the meadow to compliment my fine dog and shooting. Real nice guy and he had his lab and son with him. His Lab was being trained at Cook Kenels on the ranch. He offered to let me use his Browning Midas grade 28 gauge for a while why we hunted a bit with each other but I declined the offer. He asked me why and I told him I wouldn't be able to give it back to him after using it. Very much a gentlemen and sportsman.
Saw James Caan at a rodeo in Poway, CA years ago. He was in the team roping. Talked to Tom Selleck for about five minutes at the Siver Spur rodeo in Yuma, AZ one year. Foree Smith used to come in the store every few weeks before he became famous. Glad to see him doing well. I run into CCCC frequently and talk to him. He is a campfire legend. Lives rent free in slumlord’s mind.
"Pappy" Boyington, WW2 ace.
Met him in a bar once and when I realized who he was I bought him a drink(or two) and listened to war stories for a couple of hours.
Not exactly an encounter, but when I was in high school, my mom had a flower shop. Every year she'd get a call from a guy in NYC ordering multiple dozen white roses for Sharon Stone. I delivered them for a couple years, but she never came to the door.

Unfortunately, we went to her brother's funeral last Friday night.
Originally Posted by renegade50
Reading a scrooge mcduck comic is the nearest I have come to celebrity greatness.
Can't find any Jughead Jones comics...

Awwww...
Schit.....

I have had a celebrity encounter I geuss...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...ne-ever-go-on-the-bozo-show#Post18168835
??

^^^^^^^^^^^

Has picture of Him and Mrs. Slumlord back stage with Ozzy Osbourne.

I have seen it....

??

^^^^^^^^^^^

I have seen it....

Don’t leave Korn out of the meet n greet ..They were nobody on Jan 10 1996 ☠️

Sat at a bar in Boca Raton and had a couple drinks next to Robert Fuller. Met Davy Jones in a bar in west palm beach. Met Suzy Bogguss in a bar in Raleigh. Franco Harris friend of the family. Joe Louis, Clyde Barrow and Stonewall Jackson related to by marriage.
I also met Mike Schmidt, Willie Mays, Don Money, Cookie Rojas, Richie Allen, Larry Bowa and Frank Robinson. Anyone remember them?
Met James Drury once at Mule Camp shoot out. The following year I met William Smith. Both were showing their age.
I passed Sully in the Sea/Tac airport hallway once.... nodded to him.

Talked with Gov Tony Knowles (D) here in Soldotna once, at a F&G Advisory board meeting. I don't count weasel dicks as celebrity tho.
I worked for DEC consulting and was onsite for a few months at Sierra Community College where the 49ers had training camp. Joe Montana and Steve Young came in the data center asking to get into the office across the hall the watch films....

I didn't have a key. I called facilities. They said "Thanks man!"

my moment in the sun.
Oh I ran into Larry Czonka at the Sandia House coffee shop in Petersburg AK.

Giant, bear of a man with obvious aches and pains stood up to shake MY hand when we met. I was impressed.
I said the obligatory "Larry, I loved to watch you play". He said "thanks. How is the fishing? What are you using? etc."
??

^^^^^^^^^^^

I have seen it....

Don’t leave Korn out of the meet n greet ..They were nobody on Jan 10 1996 ☠️

Never knew about Korn..

You are like a almost Rock Star..
Ozzy and Korn...

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🥴🤣🤣
Not many, don’t get around much
Originally Posted by nahma_mich
Met James Drury once at Mule Camp shoot out. The following year I met William Smith. Both were showing their age.
Ethan Edwards (late member of the Fire) met James Drury, too.
Ran into Aaron Tippin and Lee Greenwood at DollyWood years ago. Talked turkey hunting with Aaron.
Originally Posted by SuburbanHunter
I worked for DEC consulting and was onsite for a few months at Sierra Community College where the 49ers had training camp. Joe Montana and Steve Young came in the data center asking to get into the office across the hall the watch films....

I didn't have a key. I called facilities. They said "Thanks man!"

my moment in the sun.
I used to go there and watch them practice when I was a kid. Talked to, got autographs from a lot of the
80s niner greats.
Yes. The Rat Pack. They helped me and some of my peers get drunk one night.
Dennis Miller & Bill Oreilly after their show in Indy in probably 2014. Dick Morris gave a talk locally maybe a year earlier and met him. Martina McBride after her show in a little amphitheater in 1996. Thomas Hearns in Detroit in a suite at a Pistons game.

Oh! And Hank “boatboy” from the forum. 😁
I been in Desmond Doss’s house
Aiden Quinn while they were shooting Elementary. Almost ran into him.

John & Bo Derek at Rockefeller center

Helen Mirren twice , once by Tourneau Corner on 57th and once downtown NY while they were shooting.
Her "handler" moved between us when I said "Hey that's Helen Mirren" my buddy said, "Who"

Soupy Sales on 3rd Ave. We were in a deli getting lunch.

Minnie Driver in Battery park. I think she was promoing her album at J&R music store (which is gone now).

I spotted Brook Shields, Meg Ryan and I think Mayim Bialick.

Oh yea. They film the TV show Power on my block about 3-4 times a year for the last 3 years. I don't know the show or who is in it.
I did take pictures of the cars they used.

Back in the late '80s they filmed a movie here in town called "Chattahoochee". Some people from the movie's production crew came into the first gun shop I worked at. They had a M1 Garand that they needed to have altered to cycle blanks and a model 10 Smith that they needed to have refinished to look brand new. They asked if they could bring in their "star" and have us walk him through how the Garand functioned. Their star turned out to be Gary Oldman, who none us had heard of at the time, as this was early in his career. I took him on the range and showed him how to load and shoulder the rifle. Being a Brit, I doubt he'd ever fired a gun. As he started firing off the blanks, a couple of the empties bounced off the wall and harmlessly hit him on the arms. He said "The bullets are hitting me! The bullets are hitting me!" I thought to myself, "This goober will never amount to anything." Of course a couple years later he was "Dracula" and became a household name... "Chattahoochee" didn't do much at the box office but it was cool to see the guns we worked on in the film and my handwriting on the price tag they requested for the S&W.

I've also met several rock stars that probably nobody here would know and some NFL players that have come into the gun shops I've worked in.

I partied with Hank Jr. and Kid Rock one time. I wasn't invited back and they said I drank too much and was a bad influence on them.
When I was living in Caribbean met a pile of em. The one that always sticks in my mind for some reason was Grizzly Adams. We were all at a tiki hut style hotel beach bar and he was wasted. Doing lines in the bathroom and drinking whisky like water. I remember him standing at the bar entrance, wavering and pissing in the sand right on the entrance way.
The best, who wasnt a celebrity but known to many of us campfire types, was Jack Brittingham. The nicest was Buffet. The craziest and happiest by far was Daniel Ortega.
I was in a local photography store browsing through the dark room chemicals, trying to decide what to develop my Kodak Tri-X in and bumped into Ansel Adams doing the same thing. He smiled and nodded at me. Seemed like a very nice guy.
I met Baxter Black and Don Collier through work. I saw Bruce Dern in a restaurant and waved and got a nod.
??

saw george clooney in vegas once

he didn't recognize me...............

Drank some Jack Daniels with Tommy Lee backstage. Ended up with a cymbal from his kit signed by all three bands (Buckcherry, Papa Roach and Crue) before I left.
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Back in the late '80s they filmed a movie here in town called "Chattahoochee". Some people from the movie's production crew came into the first gun shop I worked at. They had a M1 Garand that they needed to have altered to cycle blanks and a model 10 Smith that they needed to have refinished to look brand new. They asked if they could bring in their "star" and have us walk him through how the Garand functioned. Their star turned out to be Gary Oldman, who none us had heard of at the time, as this was early in his career. I took him on the range and showed him how to load and shoulder the rifle. Being a Brit, I doubt he'd ever fired a gun. As he started firing off the blanks, a couple of the empties bounced off the wall and harmlessly hit him on the arms. He said "The bullets are hitting me! The bullets are hitting me!" I thought to myself, "This goober will never amount to anything." Of course a couple years later he was "Dracula" and became a household name... "Chattahoochee" didn't do much at the box office but it was cool to see the guns we worked on in the film and my handwriting on the price tag they requested for the S&W.

I've also met several rock stars that probably nobody here would know and some NFL players that have come into the gun shops I've worked in.

Look pretty good. He was great in Fifth Element.
Tanya Tucker when she was a teenager singing at the Fort Worth Texas fat stock show! We got to hang out with her for a while. But she was just a kid and so were we. Todd Helton, Dave Veres, Vinnie Costilla and a bunch of the Colorado Rocky players.
I hunted with Tim Grounds who is a 5 time World Champion Goose caller. I had lunch with Buck Gardner who is as famous as a duck hunter can get! He even gave me goose call that was one of ten proto-type. The other 9 were destroyed. They engraved Colorado Luckydog on it for me! And last but not least, W.E Red Dawg Phillips! I've been lucky enough to take him goose hunting a few times and hopefully will be hunting with him in the future. He is one of the best story tellers I have ever had the pleasure of listening to! And all of that means absolutely nothing! LOL!
Kind of...

In June of 1975 my Dad, Mom and I were out for a ride to get ice cream. We pulled up to a red light on Nolensville Rd in Nashville and next to us pulls up a brand new Caddy, driven, by none other than Dolly Parton! She gave us a huge smile and wished us a great night. We all said thank you and she drove out of sight. We were kinda “star struck” if you will. Can still remember it like yesterday as does my Dad. Ahhh the good ole days

Thanks, Tom
I saw Yul Brynner, his wife, and their two adopted Vietnamese children, at the Hibachi table next to the one where I was seated having dinner. This was the early 1980s.
I met Ernest Borgnine when I was working on a fuel dispenser at a Flying J truck stop while his bus was being filled. Talked to him for almost a half hour. He was a really nice man. Not a huge deal, but I shook hands with the 38th President of our United States (Gearld Ford) while he was in office. I've met several NASCAR drivers, NHL players and the man you don't talk to....you just listen Ted Nugent.
Um... Not really, but I guess I could break this down into categories:

Daytime TV, Soap Opera
I met with, shook hands, chatted with, the 80's & 90's Soap Opera star of "All My Children" -- Michael E. Knight (aka -- the TV character "Tad Martin"). In truth, my wife was hooked on "All My Children" ever since the mid 70's. When word got around that various characters of "All My Children" were going out in public to book signings, my wife found out that Tad Martin/Michael E. Knight was coming to our town, while Susan Lucci/Erica Kane, etc... were all out in California, others were down in Miami FL, Texas, etc... Anyway, my wife totally wigged out, and DEMANDED that we go to the Barnes & Noble and get her All My Children book autographed. But when we entered the place, my wife got all freaked out, nervous, and couldn't go see him. "Seriously? Come on, baby... He's just a dude on TV! WTF is the matter?" So.... I had to go up in line and stand in her place. crazy
In summary: He was a cool guy, and chuckled over the fact that (I told him) my wife was too afraid to meet him, so she sent me!

Rock music/Electric guitars
I bumped into Elliott Easton (lead guitar - The Cars) back when I was stationed in Boston, MA, back in my USCG days in the 90's. We were both in the same music store. I casually approached him, and knew better than to go right out and bombard a rock guitarist for an autograph, questions, etc... So, I just politely asked him if he was who I think he was. He turned, laughed, and said, "Who else am I supposed to be?". And he was really a nice guy, but a touch confusing (guitar playing experience), as he was lefthanded, and I played righthanded. I watched him rip away on a Gibson SG that he was interested in, and my mind was blown! It was all upside down and backwards, if you know what I mean! cool

Politics
Save the most incredible story for last... Yes, I have personally met, shook hands with, and am actually friends with (as fellow Freemasons) the former Governor of Virginia, and proposed candidate for POTUS back around early 2008.... Virginia's own former Governor Jim Gilmore! cool
I can tell you, seriously... He is one of the last of a dying breed of politicians. Jim Gilmore is a "regular dude" if you know what I mean. Ain't nothing fancy, puts his pants on, one leg at a time, etc... He (sadly) just didn't have that "name" going for him back then, during the POTUS elections, and got stomped on, and had no choice but to bail out.
Jimmy Carter
Lech Wałęsa
Brent Mussberger
Don Purdome
Todd Blacklege
John Force
Norm Swartzkopf
Tommy Frank's
Tony Hawk

Shaun White
In the early 80's flew on the same plane with Conway Twitty from Baton Rouge to Memphis also talked to Liza Minnelli in Center City Mn. In 2008 talked to Mel & Pam Tillis after a show in Branson.
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Sat at a bar in Boca Raton and had a couple drinks next to Robert Fuller. Met Davy Jones in a bar in west palm beach. Met Suzy Bogguss in a bar in Raleigh. Franco Harris friend of the family. Joe Louis, Clyde Barrow and Stonewall Jackson related to by marriage.
I also met Mike Schmidt, Willie Mays, Don Money, Cookie Rojas, Richie Allen, Larry Bowa and Frank Robinson. Anyone remember them?
Yes - remember - some were Phillies, Giant, Oriole, etc.
John Madden and Billy Martin in college and many attending the Crosby in Pebble Beach in 1983, also in college. Too funny, drunk college kids...
I met Motley Crue several years ago, they were pretty polite to me. I didnt realize who they were until my coworker recognized them.
Met Jerry Springer at a rodeo in 2002, got a picture. He wanted one with me because I was a contestant. I thought it was cool having a celebrity ask for a pic with me.

Saw kid rock in ft Lauderdale at the hard rock cafe in 2006 ish when we made a port call.
Chris LeDoux and his entire band. They played at a tiny BYOB country place I bounced at. We all hung out BS'ing and having a few beers after.

Brett Michaels many times. I'm good friends with his cousin.

Jim Kelly twice. Once when I was 12 and he talked at my older brothers football banquet, second time filming a commercial on the helipad of ECMC in Buffalo.

Meet up with Rocky Bleier every year when he donates some Autographed item for a non profit I'm on the board for. Have his cell number to call, but never use it otherwise.

Got checked by Jack Lambert when he was a volunteer Pa Deputy Game Warden

Lots of big time rodeo and PBR folks, but they are kind of limited audience celebrities.
My wife worked for Johnny Carson for a while.
My brother in law music artist Lincoln Brewster. He played lead guitarist for Steve Perry on Steves last album co wrote a bunch of songs with Perry.
My great uncle is car customizer Gene Windfield. Made many movie cars including Blade Runner.
Met Minnie Pearl at a church when I was a kid.
Met John Eric Hexum as a kid just before he played Russian Roulette with a prop gun. He dead
Met Carrol Channing we made her last wedding ring. Hung out during my freshman year with Ray langford during gym class he was a senior went on to play pro baseball
No real A list celebrities
Used to work on Cowboy chaps Chris LeDoux would bring into my Saddle shop. Took Richard Childress hunting when Dale Earnhardt was winning NASCAR. Had ny photo taken with Loren Green and Dan Blocker ,when I was a kid.
My wife and I met Matt Hughs the MMA fighter once. He was my wife’s favorite fighter. I took a picture of them together but deleted it because of the way he acted when she asked him to take a picture with her. He wasn’t very friendly.
Met George HW Bush while running the Houston Marathon. We were at about mile 21 running through an affluent area of Houston when the guy I was running with makes a hard right in front of me and says something to the effect of “come on”. He jogs over to the curb and shakes the former President’s hand as he stands between two secret service guys. I step in after Lyle, shake his hand and blurt out “thanks for the support George”! Yep - I straight up called him George. He smile and said something in return but all I could hear was my brain asking myself “did you just call him George”! In my defense I was friggin tired and panting like a dog. I don’t recommend running marathons when you’re toting around 250+ lbs.

Met Suzy Bogguss after a concert in a roping barn in NE Montana. She had opened for the Bellamy Brothers and was as friendly as could be. She’d had her big hit by this time and was totally cool playing a dirt floor arena with maybe 1000 people in attendance.

Met Billy Gibbons from ZZ Top in a Houston bar that was open way past closing time. They’d played the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo that week and was super cool to talk to.
Long time ago I had Luscious Leslie sit on my lap at Weasels near Eagle River
In the absolute best job I’ve ever had in my life,😆 I was doing Orkin Pest Control in the very worst parts of Detroit around 1976. One of my clients was Gladys Knight. She was avery nice woman. She had a large house in a nice part of the area, either Harper Woods or another good neighborhood then. She was a classy woman.

A mile away the neighborhood changed dramatically, I , as the cue ball in those neighborhoods was threatened repeatedly. I was glad to move on!
Marilynn Quayle's secret service detail roughed me up when they cut in line to the Big Dipper rollercoaster I was standing in line for down in Santa Cruz. Pissed me off.

There was a brief scuffle.
Originally Posted by T_O_M
Anything you want

even a movie dog
Met the dog Freeway at Elke Sommers house and her husband that wrote the movie Brubaker. 😂😂
People I have talked to, either a little or a lot to the following people.

Michael Keaton
Jerry Glandville
Mark Wahlberg
Justice Antonin Scalia
Steve Forbes
Mike Horstman
Geraldo Rivera
I dated both Elizabeth Shue and Mira Sorvino in college. They thought I was one of them Kennedys. I wasn't. I met Bob Hope in college and had some really famous professors who are either dead or really old. I got an A in Alan Dershowitz's Constitutional Law class that he allowed me to take as an Undergrad because I had done well in his other classes. I tossed Obama out of my dorm room while he was at HLS with his Asian Girlfriend. I got into several arguments with Joy Reid who only hit on white guys that were metro sexuals. I introduced Sharon Sandberg at our last virtual reunion. Presently, I am very good friends with a lot of really cool people including Mainer, Heimo and Edna, the Seldens, Gary Green, Marty Meirotto. I prefer this type of folk over the big wig people. Just way more even and wholesome.
I met Alan Jackson In a WI motel years ago.

He was nice to me.
Bill Clinton, Michael Jordan, Jerry Clower, Arnold S, Ted Nugent, Bob Hope, Bruce Sutter (MLB HOF relief pitcher), Beaver10, Hank Williams, Jr, Dennis Hopper.

Hunted and fished with a ton of outdoor “celebs”. Bill Dance (a true gentleman), Roland Martin, etc.
Originally Posted by mbrook
Ran into Ted Nugent in the check in line at the Albuquerque NM airport. I said hello and mentioned where I live, which is relatively near his place in Michigan. Thought that was the end of it, but when I sat down at the gate, he walked in and sat down next to me. We talked hunting/politics, Detroit rock during the late 60s and 70s, etc for the next hour or so until boarding. He was very gracious and invited my son and I out to hunt on his land, which we never did.

He’s a very nice person, nothing like his TV persona.
Went on an Elk hunt in 2007 with Lance Berkman. Very nice guy who invited me and my son on a WT hunt at his ranch NW of Houston. Had a great time and Lance and my high school age son had a great time talking sports. Beautiful ranch with incredible deer as well.
Stevie Nicks in a grocery store in Minneapolis back in the late 80's. We chatted briefly but mostly I ogled her body in a pair of tight shorts. She was quite nice and incredibly hot.

Waylon Jennings when i was doing sideline work pulling cable in a recording studio.

Prince in the club my sister worked at. She actually knew him pretty well. It was late and we both were pretty blasted.

Bo Jackson. Golfed three holes with him in Chicago. Very fun person. He could rip a golf ball....

Lenny Wilkins player and then coach of the Seattle Supersonics.

Wilt Chamberlain at a dinner club in Vancouver BC back in 1977. He was sitting at the table next to ours with three hot blond women. First class ass to some of the people around us though.

Golfer John Daley a couple days before the Doral Open. We went to the putting green before our round and ended up on the wrong one. John came out with a bag of balls and a beer. We ended up bs'ing with him for quite a while. Super nice and regular guy. Puffing butts, drinking his beer, and hitting putts....doesnt get any better!
Met 2-3 NFL players. Shook hands with Calvin "Megatron" Johnson.
Kareem walked right past me in Vegas 2 months ago. He seemed excited.
Shook hands or had mostly brief conversations with the following:

Ashley Judd (not very friendly)
Jimmy Carter (was 10 years old and in a long line of people)
John Wooden (spoke to my college basketball team for an hour and gave me some personal pointers while watching our practice)
Fred Thompson (struck up conversation at Tennessee Titans game. Very nice guy)
Pat Summit (several conversations at UT alumni events. Very down to earth and personable)
Peyton Manning (just a handshake and a brief hello)
Vince Gill (at a small get together at mutual friend's house. Super nice guy and very funny)
Al Kaline, VERY nice guy.
Stevie Nicks, she was very nice and really gorgeous.
Charleton Heston. After calling him Mr. Heston he said "call me Chuck".
Ted Nugent, nothing like what you see on TV. Met him at a youth archery seminar that he sponsered, no big ego it was all about the kids.
Jackie Stewart and Graham Hill at an IROC race in the 70s.
I met George Romney when I was in grade school (that's Mitt's dad and the governor of Michigan at the time).
While a police officer I was working backstage at the Harley Davidson 90th or 95th anniversary when ZZ Top came out of their dressing room and were talking to fellow wearing a Harley shirt and jeans.
Once they went on stage and started playing he walked over to me and asked if there had been any problems with the revelers. I explained that things had been running smooth. I asked him if he worked at Harley Davidson? He replied somewhat surprised, "No, I'm Peter Fonda."
When I was a young kid I saw Minnesota Fats several times at the local IGA.
I met President Donald J. Trump at the Fireplace Gallery when I was buying new stove pipe. He said to say Hi to everyone on the 24HRCF
Growing up, Pat Priest was our neighbor, so was Virginia Mayo. Saw Slim Pickens around a lot. Brad Johnson would come in a buy some Winchesters from the GL in Fort Worth. We talked a lot as we had a couple common friends.
In the late '90s, Barbara Mandrell and her family were in Montana for a vacation and she and her husband shot Skeet at several of the ranges here. I first met her with the help of my Golden Retriever "chick magnet" in the parking lot of the Billings Skeet club. The next week they came to Bozeman and shot at our Skeet range and on my squad. While we were shooting, her kids played shotshell fetch with Buffy, my Golden Retriever, who set her record of retrieving eight 12 ga shotshells in one mouthfull.

When we were done shooting Barbara agreed to take this picture with me and Buffy. The next week we were both at the Great Falls shoot, and Barbara autographed the picture which I put in my trophy case at home. Not long after that my now ex wife burned the picture.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Morewood
Marilynn Quayle's secret service detail roughed me up when they cut in line to the Big Dipper rollercoaster I was standing in line for down in Santa Cruz. Pissed me off.

There was a brief scuffle.

Hilarious.

My cousin was on Dan Quayle's Secret Service detail. Not sure if he was in on that deal. laugh
One time before I retired I was face to face with Nancy Pelosi.
I though in was going to have an aneurysm.
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Did you develop PTSD from such trauma?

DF
Walked past Omar Sharif on a French Quarter side walk back in the day. He was walking along with his entourage, down there making a movie. I nodded, he nodded. Not very tall.

DF

I was walking down the sidewalk one time and Ted Kennedy was walking the other way. I wanted to accidently on purpose "run into him", but I refrained.
Tennessee Ernie Ford was a family friend with my grandparents and met him quite a few times. Met Erin Moran and the cast of Happy Days at a charity star baseball game one time. Met Johnathan Frakes and talked to him when I was working at the studio. There's been a few more that I can't think of right off, and not all celebrities. I knew and worked for Carol Shelby moving his machinery quite a few times. Met a lot of people over the years working at the big aircraft plants that were probably famous and just didn't know it at the time.

Phil
I spent the day sitting on the beach one time next to Darrell Waltrip. Very nice people.
I saw Bridget the Midget at the airport when she was coming in town to appear at one of the local strip clubs.
Lot's of athletes back in the day...
Willie Mays (assshole)
Willie McCovey
Steve Garvey
Joe Morgan
Goose Gossage
Sandy Koufax
Pudge Rodriguez
Sammy Sosa
Matt Holliday
John Elway
Will Clark
Tommy Lasorda
Sparky Anderson
Cal Ripken Jr
Johnny Unitas
Mean Joe Green
Met two pro golfers. Payne Stewart was an azz hat. Freddie Couples was great.

Met Roger Maris… my boyhood hero. He was a rude douchebag.
Met a bunch of politicians but I'd rather brag on meeting and jawboning an unaccompanied Joe Foss and skiing routinely with Robin Olds.
I used to office down the hall from Tom Landry. This was right after he left the Cowboys and he went into business with his son.

I used to work out at the North Dallas Athletic Club in the early 90s. Several of the Cowboys worked out there around the same time. Usually they would be playing basketball. One day they had a young kid named Jason Kidd playing with them. The elevated running track was above the court so I would watch while I ran.

Bill Clinton was on my mortar range one time reliving Vietnam memories (not).

Holy fucqk, glad you survived that one. Bet you suffered night meres after that episode.
Originally Posted by mbrook

I was on a tram with him at MSP airport around 15 years ago. I kept looking at him and him at me but no talking. He looked kinda scared.
Goldie Hawn when 2 of her sons were teenagers was a lot of fun to fish with them.
Walter Mondale was a very good walleye fisherman.
Hank Williams called me twice one Spring we talked for an hour about a couple of bear hounds he thought about buying.
I met this guy once, does that count? And he was funny as hell.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Astronaut Peggy Whitson has been in my vet clinic. Her mom and I served on our local school board together. Do the farm vet work for her family.

Rodeo bullrider Tater Porter also has been in my clinic.

My wife and I shared a dinner table with Baxter Black and his wife Cindy. He was a character!

Travis Kelce and Walter Payton autographs
Yes, the wife and I were flying to florida and in st louis we had to change planes. on the electric sidewalk we were busting a hard run to connect with our next flight when I looked back and saw stone cold steve austin and the undertaker bearing down on us . as we got to our gate. they ran with us to get boarded, then they sat right behind us. cool guys very down to earth! got to visit for a good while ! then in tennessee at a lil place called puckettes general store on a sunday afternoon we walked into a old general store that had an open mic night for any and all that had a song to sing , after about a hour of good ole home grown music a black suburban pulled up to the front door and Naomi judd , wynona judd and her husband walked in and sat down among us all ! they visited and sang some new songs they had. we got to visit and mingle with them for hours ! they all three were very nice people !
JFK
Tina Turner
Newt Gingrich
Jameson Parker
Jonathane Winters
Gary Busey he was higher than fuqk running around Ceasers in LV
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
I met this guy once, does that count? And he was funny as hell.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
I know someone who knew him. They were good friends.
Nice man I’m told.
Tanya Tucker - I must have been about 13, so it was probably around 1989. We were checking into our hotel to see the Dixie National Rodeo that weekend. The rodeo is held every year in Jackson, MS and she was one of the performers that weekend. I was turning around and she was hurrying to the restroom and we collided. She was very apologetic, and said it was her fault. She offered us rodeo tickets as well as tickets to the party after the rodeo.

Steve McNair - It was after he had been in the NFL a year or two. Saw him coming down the escalator at the Jackson, MS airport one early morning. Just shared a wave and a nod.

Richard Petty - Met him at an autograph signing. It was on a school day during my senior year in high school but my parents let me skip school to go meet him and get his autograph. It was all good until the news crew showed up to cover the event. Guess who they interviewed…yep yours truly. Guess who saw it on tv that night…yep my principal. The next day at school guess who got called up to see the principal…yep it’s me again. Principal told me he saw my “tv appearance” and then he wanted to know why I didn’t get him an autograph!! 😎.

Randy Weaver - Our table was next to his at a gun show. He was selling his book about Ruby Ridge.

Ernie Irvan - Another autograph signing. It wasn’t too long after his recovery from his terrible wreck at Michigan. He looked like he felt like hell, but he was still nice.

Tom Kelly - If you don’t turkey hunt you may not be familiar with him. Fine man and family friend.
As a kid we lived in Marquette, MI (KI Sawyer AFB) and several times Robert Voelker came to the Rod and Gun Club meetings. My father was on the Board and became friends with him. We fished with him a few times and he asked me to tie some flies for him which I did. He wrote "Trout Madness," "Trout Magic," and "Anatomy of a Murder" under the pen name Robert Traver.

Sarah Palin has been to my house many times and always gives me a hug when we bump into each other in an airport, or where ever.

James Earl Jones lives very close to the old family farm and is always classy, though a bit reclusive.

Had a very bad day with Hank Jr and cannot, could not, possibly detest the POS more.

Met Bob Milek while guiding and really liked him.

Did tons of work with Mary Mueller, an exceptional scrimshander. I cut much of the ivory for her and made bases for her work for many years. A couple times she could not go to the big SCI shows. I went to cover her booth for her and met many famous collectors of her work. The Presidents Bush, Bobbie Knight (an ass), Sylvester Stallone (even with his elevator shoes he is really short), the Brownells (extremely classy folks commissioned a large scrimshaw sheep, Mary did three to choose from and they took all.) The Bourse at SCI attracts a lot of heavy hitters.

Knew Ann and Nancy Wilson in college when their band was White Heart.

Ted Danson stayed in the camp (PBOC) where I lived in Prudhoe Bay and played basketball every night with us. They were filming some green energy bullshit show. He did not like being boxed out. No sniveling! Just played hard when being met solidly.
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Met a bunch of politicians but I'd rather brag on meeting and jawboning an unaccompanied Joe Foss and skiing routinely with Robin Olds.

Now there are two names worth bragging about
Played in a Champions Tour Major Pro Am at Shoal Creek CC in Birmingham AL. My partner was Chip Beck, former Ryder Cup member and avid fisherman like me. Hit balls on the driving range with Rocco Mediate, who is a real Chatty Kathy. Said hi to Bo Jackson who crushes a golf ball but has no short game. Condellisa Rice hit balls two spaces over from me. Hit it straight as a die but no more than 150-160 yards. When there was a rain delay the pros and we amateurs were ushered into the men‘a grill. Sat at a circular table with Nick Saban who is originally from WV like my Dad’s family and whose nickname as a boy was “Bud” like me. The night before the tournament had dinner with Joe Gibbs, the co-founder with Arnold Palmer of the Golf Channel. He was a perfect Southern Gentleman and introduced me to every famous Champions Tour golfer who stopped by our table to shake Joe’s hand.
Duck911
Played golf with a double ace fighter pilot......
Whose name is still unknown.
Cause he would never say who it was.

Have to be a overlap cat I'm thinking.

Ww2 and Korea
Korea and Vietnam.

Would be a known name easily.....

Duck911 is also a high roller sports better who always cleans up and makes bank.

🤷‍♂️🤔🤔🤷‍♂️
Many years ago I saw one of the republican presidential candidates at an airport. I believe it was in Chicago. His waiting area was next to ours. Unfortunately, I cannot remember his name. He was a real personable guy and we talked for a couple of minutes. I saw Bernie Sanders come off of an airplane in Des Moines a couple of years ago. I snapped a picture of him. I met Michael Durant of Blackhawk Down fame at a book signing thing at the 160th compound in 2003.

kwg
Saw John Boener (sp) when he was Speaker of the House. The SS threw me and another guy off the elevator when he and his detail got on. Dhicks.
Originally Posted by LouisB
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

Now there are two names worth bragging about
I recall Joe Foss getting hassled by TSA buffoons over his sharp-pointy object in his carry on. If I further recall, 1/2 dozen yard apes were going to make him leave his dangerous, sharp-pointy object in the amnesty barrel.

None of the mouth breathing chim oanzees in security knew it was his CMH.
Suppose they confused it for a ninja throwing star
Duck911

Ww2 and Korea
Korea and Vietnam.

Duck911 is also a high roller sports better who always cleans up and makes bank.

🤷‍♂️🤔🤔🤷‍♂️

Remember when Ruger’s dad supposedly parachuted into a area hush hush that the 101st was not meant to be in.
Not one single Tennessee hayseed challenged that fable after back checking the history of the deployments. Not to mention a cookie being part of a special operation.

Hahaha

Someone crapped in his Camp Chef. lmfao
Another one I thought of was Jefferson LeBlanc back in the late 80's. He was an invited guest to a small gathering I was at. I honestly didn't know that much about him and spoke to him for a few minutes. He gave a speech later and I was in awe. Very unassuming person.
Had lunch once next to Joan Jett and her bodyguards table.
Meant Phil Simms at a trade show. What a stuck up bastid he was
Duck911

Ww2 and Korea
Korea and Vietnam.

🤷‍♂️🤔🤔🤷‍♂️

Remember when Ruger’s dad supposedly parachuted into a area hush hush that the 101st was not meant to be in.
Not one single Tennessee hayseed challenged that fable after back checking the history of the deployments. Not to mention a cookie being part of a special operation.

Hahaha

Someone crapped in his Camp Chef. lmfao

That woulda been me check firing Rugers story of his daddy in the 101st in the Korean War.

I made alot of " friends" that day...

Fuuking armorer in 101st ordnance battalion in 2ID IIRC
Laid it out with unit links, being a complete dick with the facts to back it up.
Just to make Ruger have a cock sticking outta his forehead moment in front of everyone on his website...
The 101st Abn Div was a stateside training division during the Korean war.....

🤣🤣👍🏻🤣🤣
One year George Strait hired some of us reenactors to fire a volley to start a Wounded Warrior golf tournament at his resort north of San Antonio.

Stood next to him on the buffet line and had a few words, he only about my height which was a surprise, later on he posed for a photo with us holding a musket. Ain’t got it on this phone but I’ve posted it here before.

Gracious and polite, seemed like a regular guy.

I’ve been around Phil Collins at the Alamo, never spoke to him though.

Prob’ly 1993, around 2am, light rain, heading North through PA no the interstate on my KLR 650 I come up behind a jeep, license plate AXL ROS. Sure looked like him behind the wheel as I passed.
Met Hank Williams Jr a few times when I was a teenager. He lived in my county in Alabama at the time, had a place on Smith Lake and a store n town named Hanks Montana Exchange. He was drunk half of the time. I worked with my Dad one summer building a floating boat dock for some lawyer whose property was next door to Hanks on the lake. He and some of his buddies were over there shooting several times. Can't think of anyone else celebrity or celebrityish. Maybe Governor Folsom at the State Sporting Clays Championship, he was a very good shooter. Seems like John Kruger won that day, only saw from a distance. Long time ago.
Forgot about meeting Jerry Miculek. Me n my Dad went to the grand opening of the Mossy Oak outlet in West Point, MS. Jerry was there for the opening of the S&W store and to put on a shooting exhibition. This was when he set all the different records with a 625 and I think a 627. One hell of a nice guy!!! Very personable and easy to talk to. Still don’t know how he does it even after seeing him shoot up close. Also met Jim Scoutten and Roy Jinks at the same event.
Built a home for a music biz bigshot and was invited to Faith Hill's first platinum party.....even got a pic with her and bumped into Troy Aikman there....I think he was pursuing her at the time. Same guy got me backstage at the Eagles concert in Nashville....had dinner with Senator Fred Thompson (also and actor) and his date that night, Lori Morgan. Cool dude, used to see him at the grocery store from time to time as well. Didn't get to meet any of the Eagles, but had killer seats for the show. Joe Walsh tore it up that night.
Originally Posted by LOBO2
Tanya Tucker - I must have been about 13, so it was probably around 1989. We were checking into our hotel to see the Dixie National Rodeo that weekend. The rodeo is held every year in Jackson, MS and she was one of the performers that weekend. I was turning around and she was hurrying to the restroom and we collided. She was very apologetic, and said it was her fault. She offered us rodeo tickets as well as tickets to the party after the rodeo.

Steve McNair - It was after he had been in the NFL a year or two. Saw him coming down the escalator at the Jackson, MS airport one early morning. Just shared a wave and a nod.

Richard Petty - Met him at an autograph signing. It was on a school day during my senior year in high school but my parents let me skip school to go meet him and get his autograph. It was all good until the news crew showed up to cover the event. Guess who they interviewed…yep yours truly. Guess who saw it on tv that night…yep my principal. The next day at school guess who got called up to see the principal…yep it’s me again. Principal told me he saw my “tv appearance” and then he wanted to know why I didn’t get him an autograph!! 😎.

Randy Weaver - Our table was next to his at a gun show. He was selling his book about Ruby Ridge.

Ernie Irvan - Another autograph signing. It wasn’t too long after his recovery from his terrible wreck at Michigan. He looked like he felt like hell, but he was still nice.

Tom Kelly - If you don’t turkey hunt you may not be familiar with him. Fine man and family friend.

It was Lorrie Morgan not Tanya Tucker. My remebery is going south.
Renegade50 - " ... The 101st Abn Div was a stateside training division during the Korean war....."

Yes, the U.S. paratroopers who jumped in Korea during the "peace action," were members of the 187th Regimental Combat Team Abn. That was a unit of the 11th Airborne Div., if I remember correctly. When i started college in 1955, I ate at an old off campus boarding house. There were about a dozen Korean War vets living there going to college on the G.I. Bill. I became friends with one of them who had been a paratrooper with the 187th RCT, and had jumped into Korea. Got himself a Purple Heart, CIB, and all that.

FWIW.

L.W.
When Peepaw and Meemaw took me to Disneyland I met Mickey and Goofy.
Highlight of my life.
The wife and I just took a weekend trip to Nashville, and Kathy Lee Gifford and her assistant sat right behind us on the plane. Chatted with her for a bit after she stood up and smashed her friggin head on the overhead compartments…lol

My best one was about 25 years ago. I was ordering food at a stand at the races in Englishtown NJ, and John Force walked up beside me and asked if he could hop in front of me and grab a hotdog real quick! Since he was and is my favorite drag racer I was kinda starstruck and surprised at the time. Pretty funny moment looking back on it.
Carl Edwards, Richard Childress (NASCAR), Lou Ferrigno, Chuck Yeager, R. Lee Ermy, Steve Kanaly (Ray Krebbs from Dallas) and G. Gordon Liddy at the SHOT Show.

Charlton Heston, Ted Nugent, Oliver North, Joe Foss and Tom Selleck at the NRA Convention.
To add to my earlier post, people I have seen but not talked to.

Ted Nugent. Stood next to him at a Texas gun show looking at some Winchesters. I handed him one that I was looking at.

Karl Rove. Sat two rows back from him flying from DC to Dallas.

David Gregory. Flew in a plane with him from DC to Chicago. This was during his Meet the Press days. Had zero interest in meeting him.

Nick Bilton, author, contacted me and interviewed me on phone on a thesis I wrote while in grad school. He was polite.

Mark Shields. Walked past him during a normal day on the Mall in DC.

David Webb. Coming out from watching Trump’s inauguration in DC, I walked next to him for awhile.
He wasn’t an a-list actor but met Brad Johnson at the flight service in Alaska. He was in a few movies. He was a serious big game hunter. We were on the same plane headed to small airport to catch a bush plane. Brad was the Marlboro man in the cigarette adds. Pretty sure he died of Covid a while back. Nice guy.
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
He wasn’t an a-list actor but met Brad Johnson at the flight service in Alaska. He was in a few movies. He was a serious big game hunter. We were on the same plane headed to small airport to catch a bush plane. Brad was the Marlboro man in the cigarette adds. Pretty sure he died of Covid a while back. Nice guy.

Yep, that was a shock!

He and I had some great times talking rifles and hunting, when I ran the library.

I went to high school with Richie Allans nephew. My uncle had a friend named Jim Barrow. I was told he was Clyde Barrow's nephew. Swam in his pool and ate some hot dogs with his kids.
My FIL had emergency bypass surgery a few days before our wedding. The family is in the waiting room at the hospital and in walks Joe Theismann and Kathy Lee Crosby. She was gorgeous and had that star glow. My BIL sees here and asks Theismann "is that Cathy Lee Crosby?" He says maybe, you should ask her. He, does, gets all excited and asks for an autograph. They leave and we ask Jeff if he got Theismann's autograph. The look on his face was priceless when he realized he missed out.
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
I met Ernest Borgnine when I was working on a fuel dispenser at a Flying J truck stop while his bus was being filled. Talked to him for almost a half hour. He was a really nice man. Not a huge deal, but I shook hands with the 38th President of our United States (Gearld Ford) while he was in office. I've met several NASCAR drivers, NHL players and the man you don't talk to....you just listen Ted Nugent.
Ernest Borgnines wife had a cosmetics company in Monrovia. CA in the 80's. A kid who was a Fire Explorer with us worked for her right out of high school and met him at the warehouse. He said the same thing you did, a very nice man. Insisted on being called Ernie and always asked about his career pursuit of being a fireman when he saw him.
Ronald Reagan - Attended White House Christmas party, Awesome host !!

SECNAV Jim Webb - Flew to Norfolk from Pentagon ( was 90 min. late, F&^*ing hot waiting on him, he was apologetic, nice guy)

Col. North / Fawn Hall - Used to park cars on weekends at snobby farm parties. He was personable, she was HOT !

John Warner - Parking cars - He sent out a platter of Mint Julips for us, we were all underage :D, except friends father. He came out 15 minutes later and told us how he hated those "parties", bummed a plug of Redman, went back inside. Wasn't an azz.

Sam Donaldson - Threw a bag of McDonalds and hit him in the back of the head. Class A, number 1, Fücking Åsshole douchebag !!

Gene Simmons - Richmond International Raceway, was in same suite, kept 2 blondes on his side. (Shannon, Tracy Tweed) Decent guy.

Big Kenny Alphin - Hunt w/ his brother, BIL, His parents (were) the nicest people you would ever meet. He is a pompous, bleeding heart liberal. Did I mention cheap?

All of the 80's Redskins, wasn't a fan. John Riggins was always drunk ! laugh
About once a week Scott Adams will read out loud one of my comments on his podcast.
I used to see Mel Gibson every now and then when he owned the Beartooth Ranch. My son worked for him.

Once when coming home on leave, Chet Huntley sat beside me on a flight into Bozeman.
Bumped into william perry (the fridge) in the airport a couple of decades ago.......bought him a beer in exchange for a couple of autographs for the kids....

I'd say thats the only celebrity ive actually had a conversation with......and it waa a brief one.
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Bumped into william perry (the fridge) in the airport a couple of decades ago.......bought him a beer in exchange for a couple of autographs for the kids....

I'd say thats the only celebrity ive actually had a conversation with......and it waa a brief one.

If you ever run into a group of rabbit hunters on game management all driving Lexus vehicles, that'll likely be who it is.
Originally Posted by smarquez

I went to high school with Richie Allans nephew. My uncle had a friend named Jim Barrow. I was told he was Clyde Barrow's nephew. Swam in his pool and ate some hot dogs with his kids.

I think he led the league in homers and strike outs for quite a few years, national league anyways. He could really hit a long ball and swung a very heavy bat.
Close enough to have my arm around her
Is that who I think it is? If so, I envy you !!!
I met Marty Stouffer and Bocephus.
I had a nice conversation with Paul Newman. Pitted next to and raced against Craig T. Nelson.
Have meet several, funnest encounter was Jack Klugman, in 1991 we had just flew into LAX and my wife was hoping to see any celebrity and had just asked me to keep an eye out for one!

Just as she was pushing a cart filled with our bags around a corner Jack Klugman came flying around in the opposite direction with a cart and ran into hers. Both carts bags went flying!

He was very apologetic and we laughed as we reloaded our and his luggage cart.
Use to see Garry Marshall and his daughter Penny Marshall at a restaurant in Burbank CA I regularly ate lunch at, after a while they would recognize us and say hi has they came and left..
Branson MO 2005 Operation Homecoming------ Vietnam Reunion--- As Ann was leaving the side gate to the stage -- The wife of a fellow crew member of the replica Guntruck WildThing ( parked next to the stage on display ) stopped her SUV and asked her if she could take a moment to meet a Vietnam Guntrucker. My Name was called and in 2.13 seconds I flew out of the box of the truck and sprinted 30 yds. to the Suv. I had my arm in the exact same place Elvis did.. Great great Lady
Quite a few growing up in Palm Beach, worked for Jimmy Buffett, Alan Jackson, Elizabeth Trump. Spoke with Steve Austin in Vegas for a bit, shook hands w/Vince Neil at his bar once.
Growing up some of the scenes from Ice Castle were filmed on our farm, so Robby Benson. I was fortunate as a Deputy in our county to work a lot of the movie scenes being filmed. So saw many, also Worked off duty at Paisley Park so Prince and others many times and made it into in one of his videos.
Went pheasant hunting with a professional baseball pitcher last year. Friend of a friend thing. No clue who he was. Looked him up and it was legit. Not as good as pheasant hunting with Ricky Skaggs or Roy Clark, but it’s all I got.
Only one I remember was Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers). Apparently had a small ranch/farm on Whidbey Island.
Originally Posted by kennymauser
Is that who I think it is? If so, I envy you !!!

I saw her (Ann Margret) at a USO show in Okinawa, and later in Viet Nam. Our airplanes used to haul the Bob Hope group around VN and the other military bases in the area!

You guys remember Bob Ross? The guy with the afro who did the painting on PBS?
Back in the late 1970’s he and I were in the same squadron at Eielson AFB in Alaska. He was the First Sgt for the clinic and I was the dorm chief so we worked together frequently. Cool guy, easy to get along with. Commissioned him to do two paintings for me. One was of Denali and the other was of the Northern Lights.
Still have both paintings.
Was in a hunting camp in Colorado with Pat Reeve of Driven.....in his really early days. I don't watch much of that kind of thing, but he seemed like a nice guy. Gave me some early Driven swag when I helped him create some content.
Found the photo, from ten years ago. One of the high points of George Strait’s career 😎

Resurrecting an old thread......

Was freshly retired but decided to work part-time at a large independent gun shop in central Minnesota.
Hank Jr. was in the area during fishing season and again for black bear.
First visit was towards closing time so we locked up and wandered the store for a couple hours past closing.
Second visit happened to be Labor Day weekend and the store was nuts with people everywhere.
Was nice to all he met and whoever wanted a picture got one. He needed a lever pivot bushing for a Savage 99.
We didn't have one loose so I picked a 99 off the rack and headed to the gunsmith shop in the back.
Took the pivot bushing from that one, knowing we'd get the part replaced. He felt bad about that so came back
the next day and bought the rifle.

Was at the SHOT Show a bunch of years back and R. Lee Ermey was there for Glock. Stood in line for an autographed pic
for our deer camp. Talked for maybe five-ten minutes about the differences in the areas we each hunted whitetail.
Probably a hundred people in line but the conversation we had wasn't rushed.
Back when I was Charter Flying had Sam Snead as a passenger...

When living in Senoia, GA. saw Burt Reynolds walking down the sidewalk, he was filming in town.... he looked like death warmed over. Would have been around 2005...
Ran into and had a short chat with Milton Berle at the quad cities airport in about 1984. Waited on a table at a fine restaurant in Manhattan Ks in about 1972, the diner was Jesse Owen’s.
I knew Toby Keith. His son went to school with my son. And they played little league sports together (football and baseball) for several years. He was down to earth, and a good dude. He didn’t move out to Nashville and stick his nose up those record label executives asses either; he stayed right there in Norman, Oklahoma and his kids went to Norman Public Schools. He helped coach those little league teams too.
Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers interviewed me for a job in his bar as a bouncer.
Quite a few actually.

Some at various shows, one on a hunt, & too many to name from NASCAR as I worked for one on the engine component manufacturers & had an annual pass.

Went into some of the haulers several times, most were pretty good people, couple were jerks.

MM
Ted Nugent at a campaign event for Bob Barr.

Walked past Bobby Cox, Braves manager during the 90's. He was walking out of Home Depot as I was walking in. I live about 70 miles from Atlanta, but Cox's daughter lives here. My wife taught his grandkids. I didn't make a scene, just nodded and said, Good Luck tonight coach. He nodded back and thanked me. They were playing a game later that night.

Almost exactly the same encounter with Steve Bartkowski walking out of a Bass Pro Shop. He was the Falcons QB during the 80's. This was after he retired.

We aren't close friends, but I've known "Arn Anderson", the former professional wrestler since 8th grade. Arn Anderson is a stage name. We are the same age and played football locally in the 70's. We went to different schools, but I got to know him when we were both on an All-Star team in 8th grade.

Ravishing Rick Rudd (another pro wrestler from the 80's) had 2 sons about the same age as my son. They played football together.

Pee Wee Anderson was a close friend of Arn Anderson and a state championship wrestler in the 119 lb class. Arn got him into professional wrestling as a referee. He was big time during the 80's before dying young of cancer. I only met Pee Wee once but worked with his wife/widow and taught his son and daughter.

I met John Hannah, (New England Patriots from 75-85 and probably the best offensive lineman to ever play) at a high school coaches' clinic. He was coaching HS football at the time and was at a clinic in the early 2000's. As a coach, not a presenter. One of the presenters (a young college coach) was showing how he taught his O linemen to pass block. After the presentation Hannah pulled the guy aside and showed him how he taught it. Both of them kicked off their shoes and were putting on full speed blocking drills. Good show.

Having played and coached sports most of my life I've known 20-25 people who played pro football, basketball or baseball. The only one currently is a girl in the WNBA. Most weren't well known. The most successful was Ray Donaldson who played 17 years at center for the Colts then Cowboys during the 80's and 90's. He has a Superbowl ring from the last time Dallas won a SB. I think he should be in the HOF after 17 years playing at a high level at that position.
Local County Fair, worked stage prep/tear down.......

Charlie Daniels, Kathy Mattea (very sweet person), Ronnie Milsap (total effing jerk), Sammy Kershaw (another total jerk), Patty Loveless, Aaron Tippin (heck of a nice guy), and probably a couple more I can't think of.

Met Radar from MASH out at the gas station by the interstate.

Played highschool football with a guy 2 grades ahead of me that played for the Bills and the Rams.
I see Phil Vasser all the time strolling by
Ran into Rod Stewart in a bar, while watching the saint paddy's day parade in the Irish channel, New Orleans about 23 yrs ago. A few years prior, seen but didn't meet Steven Seagal at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans. Rod was pretty cool, we seemed to be the only ones that knew who he was so he talked to us for a couple of minutes.
Hank Jr at a gunshow. One year when Guns n Roses played Sturgis I run into part of the band at the lgs. Hard for some I suppose to believe but back in late april.of 76 I run into G A Custer in Bismark ND and told him there were a lot of natives with bad attitudes in Montana he didn't listen to good. No this ain't my 1st time around. Mb
Ginger Rogers at her ranch on the Rogue River and at church. Lots of politicians - and racing types (Parnelli Jones to Jimmy Vasser)
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Back in the late 1970’s he and I were in the same squadron at Eielson AFB in Alaska. He was the First Sgt for the clinic and I was the dorm chief so we worked together frequently. Cool guy, easy to get along with. Commissioned him to do two paintings for me. One was of Denali and the other was of the Northern Lights.

You might find this interesting:

Willy G at the Bullseye, he wanted to dance with my woman, told him to find his own damn woman.
Was longtime friends with the drummer of Pantera. Sadly Vinnie died a few years ago.
Met Missy Gold in the bar at the Melrose Hotel in Dallas. She has a sister that's an actress
like she was, Tracey I think. Missy was in the old sitcom,Benson. I was in the Navy at the time
and didn't have a clue who she was til another dude in the bar told me she was famous. Anyway...
My brother wouldn't stop bugging me about that night for years. All I saw that night was a skinny
butt blonde that had big blue eyes.
Clinton, shook hands and chatted for a while. Very personable.
Michael Jordan
Bob Hope
Jerry Clower
Bunches of NFL players have hunted with me.
Ted Nugent . Bought a S&W model 27 from me. Nice as can be.
Arnold Swarchenegger (however you spell it) super nice. Gave me an autographed book.
Bill Dance took me and pops fishing.
Senators, governors
Beaver10. Stayed and hunted with us a few days. Absolute charmer. Mrs Godogs57 was smitten.
Originally Posted by GringoCazador

Brad was a super nice guy. Very personable. Guided in the ranch I hunt. Wife with me…,didn’t want to go back home.😂
He did top shelf restorations on vintage Winchester lever actions a’la Turnbull. Yes, he passed away from COVID.
I was sitting in my office one day when the phone rang.

It was Oscar Robertson. Oscar was on the board of our mutual fund company. The owner, my boss's boss, told Oscar to call me. Oscar was looking for a laptop for his daughter for college. This was when laptops were fairly new. I'd been the first guy I knew who had one, and it used to illicit stares from people in airports.

I told Oscar to call a guy whom was supplying the company with PCs, and he'd get him set up with a good one. There was a little noise and Oscar told me to wait a second. He came back on the line and apologized, " I'm such a fumble-fingers, I dropped my pen on the floor-- can't hold onto anything."

"Sir," I said. "I've seen you play. I simply cannot believe that."
Met Richard Branson in Atlanta where I was flying to Jordan. Virgin Air uses Delta lounges. He had quite a gaggle with him.
The Rat Pack back in '71, Bob Hope and the Gold Diggers a few years before and after. 'Nam wasn't all bad. grin Sandy Nelson in '71. Don Johnson in '87.

Originally Posted by Godogs57
Michael Jordan
Bob Hope
Jerry Clower
Arnold Swarchenegger (however you spell it) super nice. Gave me an autographed book.
Senators, governors
Beaver10. Stayed and hunted with us a few days. Absolute charmer. Mrs Godogs57 was smitten.
We all know you're a stud and your wife is hot as fugg. We're blessed to have you.
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Michael Jordan
Bob Hope
Jerry Clower
Senators, governors
We all know you're a stud and your wife is hot as fugg. We're blessed to have you.

This has to be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Dang…
We ran into Big Boy in Tonopah, he didn't have much to say.
Travis Kelce autographed the Chiefs cap I was wearing at one of their training camp practices.

Had a visit with Walter Payton after he had retired from football at car race in Des Moines, IA

My wife and I shared a dinner table with Baxter Black, DVM and his wife. Heard a few stories not suitable (but hilarious!)for a public audience.
Had connections at WE Fest and had access to the backstage areas for many years. Met a lot of country stars over the years. This gave me an "in" with a country music station so met many more over several years. Met Shania Twain in her mid-teens before she took that name in a back woods town in Ontario. Met her again a decade later where she confirmed it was her.

Scrimmaged against Jerome Benton of the band The Time back in high school, met him later on and was on his guest list at 1st Avenue. Didn't use that much, not my music scene but I did use it to impress dates a few times. Also got to know Big Chick, Prince's bodyguard, through a friend's sister. He was the nicest guy you could meet but one wouldn't want to get on his bad side. Though one would have to really work at it to get there.

Lived a few blocks from Kent Hrbek and ice fished and visited with him and his wife at the local tavern with him regularly until he moved. Met Paul Krause and Bob Luertsema through their childrens' school and kept in sporadic contact with Bob for nearly 3 decades.

Dated a Cargill heir briefly. That was a relationship I should have worked harder on.
Ate lunch with John Beasley at the Pier in Chicago. Super nice guy, he seemed surprised that 2 rednecks from southern Tennessee were the only 2 that recognized him.
Originally Posted by RHOD
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe

You might find this interesting:

When I was little I used to like watching him paint. Seemed like he was as cool as a cucumber. Can we see a picture of the paintings?
Sold some old taxidermy pieces to the drummer for Alice Cooper.
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Quite a few actually.

Some at various shows, one on a hunt, & too many to name from NASCAR as I worked for one on the engine component manufacturers & had an annual pass.

Went into some of the haulers several times, most were pretty good people, couple were jerks.

MM

Sounded like a pretty awesome job. What time frame was this?
When I was in the fire department and before it became a crime to be a heterosexual there was a yearly charity dance held at the Nile Country Club. The dance was for the local fire departments and nurses, mostly ER nurses and flight nurses. The theme of the party was a pajama party and I had no idea what to expect.

Here I was looking like a 23 year old Hugh Hefner in my silk pajamas while ER nurses who I only ever saw wearing scrubs were dancing and partying in lingerie. I didn’t hardly recognize them out of “uniform” but that night I gained a lot of respect for some of them and their “fitness”. 😄

I saw a cute chick and went up to ask her if she would like to dance. She said yes and we walked to the dance floor when I realized that I didn’t recognize her from an ER but rather from the TV. I was dancing with Janine Turner who was playing Maggie (iirc) from Northern Exposure. We danced for a couple of dances and then my buddy Dave asked if he could cut in. I’m a gentleman and stepped away, I was in a long term relationship at the time anyway, at least that’s what I told myself. Dave and Janine went out on a couple of dates and he thought she was a sweet girl. I spent the night dancing with Janine’s body double while Dave and Janine danced and we had a great time.

That dance for me was my first exposure to an Eyes Wide Shut meets Striptease evening and one I won’t forget….and not because I met a celebrity.

I’ve met a lot of celebrities like Lucille Ball, Peyton and Eli Manning and a bunch of NFL players. Our son went to the Manning passing academy so there were a bunch of NFL players that were either coaching or watching their own boys play. Sean Peyton was there but neither my son nor myself would shake his hand or pretend like we cared.
My wife worked at a performing arts center for a while, i had dinner with frankie avalon,extremely nice guy
I met sara evans
Charlie daniels
And had ray stevens sign the stump my fox squirrel is mounted on for that mississippi squirrel thing ,he said that was a first for him!
Tim tebo, extremely nice guy
There was many others she has met that i didnt care to and maybe others that weren’t memorable.
I was on the ground crew for the Atlanta Braves. Prior to a game we got to wander around the field. I liked to stand behind the batting cage, ten feet away from the plate and watch Hank Aaron hit home runs. I also liked to watch Pete Rose bat, he had a crewcut back then.
Met Sam Huff at a county meeting on expanding casino gambling. He was for it because it was supposed to help support horse racing, and he was a breeder. I spoke against it at the behest of a pastor, though I knew it was already decided and I didn’t much care one way or the other. We shook hands, had a brief chat, and he was very nice, but called me a rascal for opposing the expansion.

I’ve twice run into Col. Oliver North, most recently a couple of weeks ago. We spoke for quite a while, mostly about shotguns. Fine gentleman.

Once ran into Sissy Spacek in a grocery store. She was definitely trying to remain incognito. I looked at her knowingly, and she looked back, but we didn’t speak. Kinda wish now I’d winked at her.

EDIT: old thread caught me again. Oh well.
??

Ain't two many 'round my turf

Wouldn't no one iffin I saw 1
There I was 1986 Tampa Fl. It was early, about 3 am . I had been out to Papa's night spot and was going back to my place, alone, again. I decided to stop and eat at my usual, Pop-n-Sons.
There she was with her band in an otherwise empty restaurant.

Donna Fargo.
In the mid 90s the wife and I boared a plane to fly into texas to visit friends , we got to our seats and looked up and Stone cold steve austin and the undertaker were walking toward us and one sat in front of us and the other sat behind us. they were nice , they visited with us and shared stories . then we had to make a lay over that we were late to in st louis. so when we got to the air port they announced that our connecting flight was boarding , NOW . at the other end of the air port. we took off running to get to our gate on those dang moving sidewalks , running as fast as we could, I looked over my shoulder only to see those two bearing down on us fast! I told my wife whatever you do dont fall " look behind you" man I did not know she could move so fast . when we got on the next plane they sat right by us again . they kept giving my wife a bad time about the look of OH CHIT on her face and how she took off like lightning when she saw them after her . both were good guys.
I passed Sully in the Seattle airport one time.

Bob Sevenko (the "crazy Russian" in the book "Coming into the Country") spent a summer on the Cosna River with us, living in a half-dug-out abandoned cabin 2 places up from my cabin. In between us was Gaylen's 5-acre cabin site. Gaylen had induced me to buy my place several years before. Bob was even more than made out in the book.

He had a pet chicken that spent most of it's time on his lap. I started referring to him as "Chicken Bob", and he was a mite offended until I told him I was referencing "Grizzly Adams". He also had a pet goose, in a pen right outside the ground level window. One day Bob was at the table in front of the window when a black bear nabbed the goose 3 feet in front of Bob's face.

Several years after he left Alaska, Gaylen tried to look him up in Tombstone. Couldn't find him - no one had ever heard of him. Gaylen dropped the word in every low-life saloon in town that he was looking for Bob, and would be in a certain place the next day, at a certain time.

Bob showed up. smile

That's as close as I can come- I lead a sheltered life.
??

Dated a celebrity for 2 years in our early 20's.

It was as her celebrity was just beginning to pick up, and then shortly after boomed.

TV.

It was fun, she was cool, we both knew it was not to last, her goal was fame and celebrity dinners every night and gala events. Mine was to improve my wingshooting (failed) and hunt more (success!)

She reached back out to me decade(s?) later to say hi when in the City and reminisce a little. Nice person. Still looks great, age adjusted.
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
??

Dated a celebrity for 2 years in our early 20's.

It was as her celebrity was just beginning to pick up, and then shortly after boomed.

TV.

It was fun, she was cool, we both knew it was not to last, her goal was fame and celebrity dinners every night and gala events. Mine was to improve my wingshooting (failed) and hunt more (success!)

She reached back out to me decade(s?) later to say hi when in the City and reminisce a little. Nice person. Still looks great, age adjusted.

Give us the name don't be a tease.
I have met several in sports, gun writers, motorcycle industry etc, but one memerable was Madeleine Albright at one of the presidential debates. She was very abrupt and was pushing past us in a very crowded corridor. I had eaten at a very sketchy place before the debate and blessed her with a bit of gas that brought tears to her eyes. Much more civil was meeting Elmer Keith and Jack O'conner.
Originally Posted by pavementends
I have met several in sports, gun writers, motorcycle industry etc, but one memerable was Madeleine Albright at one of the presidential debates. She was very abrupt and was pushing past us in a very crowded corridor. I had eaten at a very sketchy place before the debate and blessed her with a bit of gas that brought tears to her eyes. Much more civil was meeting Elmer Keith and Jack O'conner.
LOL
Wayne LaPierre many moons before the recent kerfuffle. Definitely NOT my cup of tea.
Charleton Heston- VERY nice guy.
Ted Nugent- VERY nice guy.
Bob Seger- before he became famous. Nice guy and seemed very driven.
Jay Leno- just as nice as you imagine.
Stevie Nicks- I have met her several times over the years. I'm an absolute nobody and each time she has remembered my name and even given me a couple friendly hugs.
Al Kaline- my childhood hero and VERY nice guy.
"King" Kenny Roberts- nice and friendly guy.
Eddie Lawson- same as above.

I remember Frank Robinson pretty well.......he gave me these back in 1985. Willie Mays was our roving minor league outfield instructor back then as well and spent a little time around him. Got to meet a slew of other ballplayers as well.....Cal Ripken Jr, Pudge, Sammy Sosa, Mark Mcgwire, Jose Canseco, Sandy Koufax, Reggie Jackson, Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Willie McCovey, Nolan Ryan, and a lot of others I'm forgetting.

Saw Troy Aikman in a department store; he was looking at shirts. We made eye contact, I nodded at him and left him alone. Celebrities deserve their right to live a normal life.
I met Jim Thome in a Hallmark store.
I looked at him and said “Jim Thome” he said yes then I said “Bill last name nice to meet you.”
Shook his hand and went are separate ways.
Never been one for autographs
Strange, I have no idea who many of these mentioned are.

But I did date a girl that married a former governor of Louisiana. She is still a looker and delightful to spend time with.

Run across Troy Landry often.
I went to grade school with Guist brothers of "Swamp people" until they dropped out in 7th grade.
I met a roadie for black oak arkansas back in 19&72.
I Hi-Fived Nobuhiro Tajima as he went past at the Pikes Peak Hillclimb.
Originally Posted by AdventureBound
Saw Troy Aikman in a department store; he was looking at shirts. We made eye contact, I nodded at him and left him alone. Celebrities deserve their right to live a normal life.

You ought to be glad you didn't talk to him because he's a prick.

About 20 years ago I went to the Pro Bowl in Hawaii. My daughter was invited to be one of the dancers in the halftime show. It was a good excuse to go to Hawaii. We had a connecting flight through Dallas. When we were leaving and standing in line to check in for our flight, Troy Aikman was standing in line behind us. He was on our flight. A little girl runs up to him with a football and a Sharpie and asks him for his autograph. He simply turns to her and says, "NO". The little girl slumps her head and walks away disappointed.

I understand that these people deserve somewhat of a normal life, but when you're famous and you've been paid the big bucks to be that, they still need to appreciate their fan base and be grateful that they are looked up to by a lot of little kids. It was a total prick move.
We had Darrell Waltrup and his family sit down on the beach next to us one time. I'm a NASCAR fan and I almost fell out of my chair when they sat down next to us. We were on Cape Cod and my wife and I were the only people on the beach that knew who he was. They were extremely pleasant and nice to talk to.
Cody Johnson not long ago, nice man!!
Met a fella at the beach from New Jersey looked like Tony soprano said he was in the waste management biz🤔
Most pleasurable was met Robert Stack at the NRA convention the year they had it at Denver.
We just happened to be checking out at the same time, I asked for his autograph, he was having trouble with the desk clerk , NRA tried to stiff him for the room and he wasn’t going to let it happen. While they were trying yo straighten it out we sat down in the lobby and visited for awhile. Nice guy hell of trap shooter in his day,
I've had lunch with Whelenman does that count?
So far no one for Micky Rooney
Sometime around 1971 my friend and I were driving down Sunrise Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale and stopped at a red light. On our left was Mickey Rooney in an orange Volkswagen Beetle. My friend waved and shouted, "Hey, Mickey!", and he smiled and waved back. Then the light turned green and he made a left turn while we went straight.

Mickey talked excitedly about that encounter with us for the rest of his life.
During high school I parked cars at a couple of fancy restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale so took and handed keys back to several celebrities, including Tonto - Jay Silverheels. His boots actually had silver heels.

A former Miss Tennessee worked as our sales manager at a company in Upstate NY. She was in her mid-late 30's at that time and still gorgeous, but what impressed me was how sharp she was. Very intelligent, well spoken and great with people, not at all like the stereotype of an empty headed beauty queen.
One of the benefits of being a college football coach. We were fortunate to meet many celebrities and attend memorable events.
Simply due to circumstances, met some here and there over the course of 60 years. Nothing highly impressive - most seemed like very nice folks with a talent/effort edge. A few seemed like jerks.

In perspective, some of the folks here that participate in our SW gatherings are far more impressive, and treasured.
quite a few, all in Manhattan. Gene Hackman was the nicest guy actor I’ve ever met. We spoke for 15,20 minutes, great freaking guy! Robin Williams whoa! That Guy was out there.
I was walking down the sidewalk one time and Ted Kennedy with his entourage were walking the other way. I wanted to body slam him, but I kept my mouth shut and kept on walking.
On the set of Basic Instinct Sharon Stone would take time to chat up the crew. Worked set deco on some locations . Robbin Williams always looked out for his crew and would remember your name from film to film. Don Johnson worked stupid, after the set was prepped and ready he'd change the shoot schedule and move to another scene and location . Spent hrs talking with Christopher Lee on the set of An Eye For An Eye way back in 1981 worked as a set electrician.
A few years ago I was sighting in my muzzleloader at my local gun club. It was cold and windy and there was only one other group of shooters at the rifle range that day. Five guys were shooting several different AR15 rifles. After I was sighted in I needed to pull my targets so I walked down to where the other group was to let them know I needed to go downrange whenever they had a break in their shooting. I stepped up to one of the guys standing there and said hello. This guy turned to face me full on and for all the world he looked like Ozzie Smith, the STL Cardinals shortstop. As I explained what I needed I guess my expression gave it away and he smiled and stuck his hand out, "Hi, I am Ozzie Smith." Ozzie and his son were both there shooting AR rifles and having a blast doing so. Ozzie was down-to-earth and a genuinely nice guy. We talked AR's for a quick moment and not wanting to be a pain in the butt I left them and went on with my business.
Was at a wedding downtown Indianapolis at a fancy hotel,went outside for a minute, Drew Breeze comes walking out chatted for 30 seconds. Meet a few of the Colorado Avalanche players their first year in Colorado when they won the Stanley cup rode the fire engine with them during the parade. Several Green Bay packer players. If you consider sports people celebrities.
Have met, and shook hands with quite a few. Perhaps my most memorable was being kissed by Barbara Mandrel…..if that counts! memtb
Interviewed with Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers for a job as a bouncer.

Was not yet 21 did not get the job
In 1986 I saw Mitsy the famed exotic dancer shoot ping pong balls out of her hoo hoo
Several older pro drag racers. Cha Cha, Big Daddy. Grumpy just grabbed a photo signed it & handed it to me without looking up. I passed. He wasn't an a hole just his mind was buried deep in the carb he was studying. Damn near got pinched in-between famous engine builder Ed Pink & Don Prudhomme while they were having a discussion as Don wasn't competitive that race. Don turned away from Ed & started BSing with me, asking questions & stuff. Think he just needed to lighten up a bit. Hell of a nice guy.

Shot clays just casually a few times with Jon Kruger. He was kind of quiet & very driven, but always offered me pointers. Stuff he usually got paid to do. Then, Bill McGuire who later went on to shoot a lot of tournaments with Jon, winning a few himself.

Can't forget my bud John Brumbach, multiple time Bank Pool World Champ.
Originally Posted by dirt99
In 1986 I saw Mitsy the famed exotic dancer shoot ping pong balls out of her hoo hoo

Sure, you just had to "one-up" the rest of us ! laugh
Who the heck are some of these folks you all are mentioning? I thought they were sposed to be celeberritys or somehting

Walked up to Johnny Almond's table at a small bar during a break from his show. Asked if he was one and the same who played with John Mayall and John Mark. His wife looked at me, turned to the Johnny and the band and said "At least on person in this town knows his music"

Actually played a pick up hockey game in which Willie O'Ree was playing.

Other than that..........................I got nothin'
I see Phil Vassor any old time
A few athletes here and there. Most recently JJ McCarthy a week ago in Ann Arbor.
Worked a movie job once, worked with Gerard Butler, he was OK, Elizebeth Shue was nice, Levin Rambin a little beoch. 😂
We were throwing sand bags out of Hueys at the Des Moines Water works plant in 1993 and refueling at the Des Moines airport at a place called Signature Air. In walks Tom Brokaw. We spent a minute or 2 talking to him and he jumped in a jet and left and we pulled pitch in a Huey and went back to dropping sand bags.

kwg
© 24hourcampfire