Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
You guys remember Bob Ross? The guy with the afro who did the painting on PBS?
Back in the late 1970’s he and I were in the same squadron at Eielson AFB in Alaska. He was the First Sgt for the clinic and I was the dorm chief so we worked together frequently. Cool guy, easy to get along with. Commissioned him to do two paintings for me. One was of Denali and the other was of the Northern Lights.
Still have both paintings.

You might find this interesting:

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Online Shocked
Campfire Regular
J
Willy G at the Bullseye, he wanted to dance with my woman, told him to find his own damn woman.

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was longtime friends with the drummer of Pantera. Sadly Vinnie died a few years ago.
Met Missy Gold in the bar at the Melrose Hotel in Dallas. She has a sister that's an actress
like she was, Tracey I think. Missy was in the old sitcom,Benson. I was in the Navy at the time
and didn't have a clue who she was til another dude in the bar told me she was famous. Anyway...
My brother wouldn't stop bugging me about that night for years. All I saw that night was a skinny
butt blonde that had big blue eyes.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Clinton, shook hands and chatted for a while. Very personable.
Michael Jordan
Bob Hope
Jerry Clower
Bunches of NFL players have hunted with me.
Ted Nugent . Bought a S&W model 27 from me. Nice as can be.
Arnold Swarchenegger (however you spell it) super nice. Gave me an autographed book.
Bill Dance took me and pops fishing.
Senators, governors
Beaver10. Stayed and hunted with us a few days. Absolute charmer. Mrs Godogs57 was smitten.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
He wasn’t an a-list actor but met Brad Johnson at the flight service in Alaska. He was in a few movies. He was a serious big game hunter. We were on the same plane headed to small airport to catch a bush plane. Brad was the Marlboro man in the cigarette adds. Pretty sure he died of Covid a while back. Nice guy.

Brad was a super nice guy. Very personable. Guided in the ranch I hunt. Wife with me…,didn’t want to go back home.😂
He did top shelf restorations on vintage Winchester lever actions a’la Turnbull. Yes, he passed away from COVID.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I was sitting in my office one day when the phone rang.

It was Oscar Robertson. Oscar was on the board of our mutual fund company. The owner, my boss's boss, told Oscar to call me. Oscar was looking for a laptop for his daughter for college. This was when laptops were fairly new. I'd been the first guy I knew who had one, and it used to illicit stares from people in airports.

I told Oscar to call a guy whom was supplying the company with PCs, and he'd get him set up with a good one. There was a little noise and Oscar told me to wait a second. He came back on the line and apologized, " I'm such a fumble-fingers, I dropped my pen on the floor-- can't hold onto anything."

"Sir," I said. "I've seen you play. I simply cannot believe that."

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Met Richard Branson in Atlanta where I was flying to Jordan. Virgin Air uses Delta lounges. He had quite a gaggle with him.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Rat Pack back in '71, Bob Hope and the Gold Diggers a few years before and after. 'Nam wasn't all bad. grin Sandy Nelson in '71. Don Johnson in '87.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Michael Jordan
Bob Hope
Jerry Clower
Arnold Swarchenegger (however you spell it) super nice. Gave me an autographed book.
Senators, governors
Beaver10. Stayed and hunted with us a few days. Absolute charmer. Mrs Godogs57 was smitten.
We all know you're a stud and your wife is hot as fugg. We're blessed to have you.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Originally Posted by Godogs57
Michael Jordan
Bob Hope
Jerry Clower
Senators, governors
We all know you're a stud and your wife is hot as fugg. We're blessed to have you.

This has to be the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. Dang…

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We ran into Big Boy in Tonopah, he didn't have much to say.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Travis Kelce autographed the Chiefs cap I was wearing at one of their training camp practices.

Had a visit with Walter Payton after he had retired from football at car race in Des Moines, IA

My wife and I shared a dinner table with Baxter Black, DVM and his wife. Heard a few stories not suitable (but hilarious!)for a public audience.

Always drink upstream from the herd...cowdoc...
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Had connections at WE Fest and had access to the backstage areas for many years. Met a lot of country stars over the years. This gave me an "in" with a country music station so met many more over several years. Met Shania Twain in her mid-teens before she took that name in a back woods town in Ontario. Met her again a decade later where she confirmed it was her.

Scrimmaged against Jerome Benton of the band The Time back in high school, met him later on and was on his guest list at 1st Avenue. Didn't use that much, not my music scene but I did use it to impress dates a few times. Also got to know Big Chick, Prince's bodyguard, through a friend's sister. He was the nicest guy you could meet but one wouldn't want to get on his bad side. Though one would have to really work at it to get there.

Lived a few blocks from Kent Hrbek and ice fished and visited with him and his wife at the local tavern with him regularly until he moved. Met Paul Krause and Bob Luertsema through their childrens' school and kept in sporadic contact with Bob for nearly 3 decades.

Dated a Cargill heir briefly. That was a relationship I should have worked harder on.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Ate lunch with John Beasley at the Pier in Chicago. Super nice guy, he seemed surprised that 2 rednecks from southern Tennessee were the only 2 that recognized him.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by RHOD
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
You guys remember Bob Ross? The guy with the afro who did the painting on PBS?
Back in the late 1970’s he and I were in the same squadron at Eielson AFB in Alaska. He was the First Sgt for the clinic and I was the dorm chief so we worked together frequently. Cool guy, easy to get along with. Commissioned him to do two paintings for me. One was of Denali and the other was of the Northern Lights.
Still have both paintings.

You might find this interesting:

When I was little I used to like watching him paint. Seemed like he was as cool as a cucumber. Can we see a picture of the paintings?

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Sold some old taxidermy pieces to the drummer for Alice Cooper.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Quite a few actually.

Some at various shows, one on a hunt, & too many to name from NASCAR as I worked for one on the engine component manufacturers & had an annual pass.

Went into some of the haulers several times, most were pretty good people, couple were jerks.

MM

Sounded like a pretty awesome job. What time frame was this?

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
When I was in the fire department and before it became a crime to be a heterosexual there was a yearly charity dance held at the Nile Country Club. The dance was for the local fire departments and nurses, mostly ER nurses and flight nurses. The theme of the party was a pajama party and I had no idea what to expect.

Here I was looking like a 23 year old Hugh Hefner in my silk pajamas while ER nurses who I only ever saw wearing scrubs were dancing and partying in lingerie. I didn’t hardly recognize them out of “uniform” but that night I gained a lot of respect for some of them and their “fitness”. 😄

I saw a cute chick and went up to ask her if she would like to dance. She said yes and we walked to the dance floor when I realized that I didn’t recognize her from an ER but rather from the TV. I was dancing with Janine Turner who was playing Maggie (iirc) from Northern Exposure. We danced for a couple of dances and then my buddy Dave asked if he could cut in. I’m a gentleman and stepped away, I was in a long term relationship at the time anyway, at least that’s what I told myself. Dave and Janine went out on a couple of dates and he thought she was a sweet girl. I spent the night dancing with Janine’s body double while Dave and Janine danced and we had a great time.

That dance for me was my first exposure to an Eyes Wide Shut meets Striptease evening and one I won’t forget….and not because I met a celebrity.

I’ve met a lot of celebrities like Lucille Ball, Peyton and Eli Manning and a bunch of NFL players. Our son went to the Manning passing academy so there were a bunch of NFL players that were either coaching or watching their own boys play. Sean Peyton was there but neither my son nor myself would shake his hand or pretend like we cared.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
My wife worked at a performing arts center for a while, i had dinner with frankie avalon,extremely nice guy
I met sara evans
Charlie daniels
And had ray stevens sign the stump my fox squirrel is mounted on for that mississippi squirrel thing ,he said that was a first for him!
Tim tebo, extremely nice guy
There was many others she has met that i didnt care to and maybe others that weren’t memorable.

Be reasonable. Do it my way!
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was on the ground crew for the Atlanta Braves. Prior to a game we got to wander around the field. I liked to stand behind the batting cage, ten feet away from the plate and watch Hank Aaron hit home runs. I also liked to watch Pete Rose bat, he had a crewcut back then.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 53 invisible), 2,617 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,696
Posts18,475,180
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.