Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Carl Edwards, Richard Childress (NASCAR), Lou Ferrigno, Chuck Yeager, R. Lee Ermy, Steve Kanaly (Ray Krebbs from Dallas) and G. Gordon Liddy at the SHOT Show.

Charlton Heston, Ted Nugent, Oliver North, Joe Foss and Tom Selleck at the NRA Convention.

RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
To add to my earlier post, people I have seen but not talked to.

Ted Nugent. Stood next to him at a Texas gun show looking at some Winchesters. I handed him one that I was looking at.

Karl Rove. Sat two rows back from him flying from DC to Dallas.

David Gregory. Flew in a plane with him from DC to Chicago. This was during his Meet the Press days. Had zero interest in meeting him.

Nick Bilton, author, contacted me and interviewed me on phone on a thesis I wrote while in grad school. He was polite.

Mark Shields. Walked past him during a normal day on the Mall in DC.

David Webb. Coming out from watching Trump’s inauguration in DC, I walked next to him for awhile.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
He wasn’t an a-list actor but met Brad Johnson at the flight service in Alaska. He was in a few movies. He was a serious big game hunter. We were on the same plane headed to small airport to catch a bush plane. Brad was the Marlboro man in the cigarette adds. Pretty sure he died of Covid a while back. Nice guy.

Thanks, Billy
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
He wasn’t an a-list actor but met Brad Johnson at the flight service in Alaska. He was in a few movies. He was a serious big game hunter. We were on the same plane headed to small airport to catch a bush plane. Brad was the Marlboro man in the cigarette adds. Pretty sure he died of Covid a while back. Nice guy.

Yep, that was a shock!

He and I had some great times talking rifles and hunting, when I ran the library.

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Sat at a bar in Boca Raton and had a couple drinks next to Robert Fuller. Met Davy Jones in a bar in west palm beach. Met Suzy Bogguss in a bar in Raleigh. Franco Harris friend of the family. Joe Louis, Clyde Barrow and Stonewall Jackson related to by marriage.
I also met Mike Schmidt, Willie Mays, Don Money, Cookie Rojas, Richie Allen, Larry Bowa and Frank Robinson. Anyone remember them?

I went to high school with Richie Allans nephew. My uncle had a friend named Jim Barrow. I was told he was Clyde Barrow's nephew. Swam in his pool and ate some hot dogs with his kids.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My FIL had emergency bypass surgery a few days before our wedding. The family is in the waiting room at the hospital and in walks Joe Theismann and Kathy Lee Crosby. She was gorgeous and had that star glow. My BIL sees here and asks Theismann "is that Cathy Lee Crosby?" He says maybe, you should ask her. He, does, gets all excited and asks for an autograph. They leave and we ask Jeff if he got Theismann's autograph. The look on his face was priceless when he realized he missed out.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
I met Ernest Borgnine when I was working on a fuel dispenser at a Flying J truck stop while his bus was being filled. Talked to him for almost a half hour. He was a really nice man. Not a huge deal, but I shook hands with the 38th President of our United States (Gearld Ford) while he was in office. I've met several NASCAR drivers, NHL players and the man you don't talk to....you just listen Ted Nugent.
Ernest Borgnines wife had a cosmetics company in Monrovia. CA in the 80's. A kid who was a Fire Explorer with us worked for her right out of high school and met him at the warehouse. He said the same thing you did, a very nice man. Insisted on being called Ernie and always asked about his career pursuit of being a fireman when he saw him.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Ronald Reagan - Attended White House Christmas party, Awesome host !!

SECNAV Jim Webb - Flew to Norfolk from Pentagon ( was 90 min. late, F&^*ing hot waiting on him, he was apologetic, nice guy)

Col. North / Fawn Hall - Used to park cars on weekends at snobby farm parties. He was personable, she was HOT !

John Warner - Parking cars - He sent out a platter of Mint Julips for us, we were all underage :D, except friends father. He came out 15 minutes later and told us how he hated those "parties", bummed a plug of Redman, went back inside. Wasn't an azz.

Sam Donaldson - Threw a bag of McDonalds and hit him in the back of the head. Class A, number 1, Fücking Åsshole douchebag !!

Gene Simmons - Richmond International Raceway, was in same suite, kept 2 blondes on his side. (Shannon, Tracy Tweed) Decent guy.

Big Kenny Alphin - Hunt w/ his brother, BIL, His parents (were) the nicest people you would ever meet. He is a pompous, bleeding heart liberal. Did I mention cheap?

All of the 80's Redskins, wasn't a fan. John Riggins was always drunk ! laugh

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About once a week Scott Adams will read out loud one of my comments on his podcast.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I used to see Mel Gibson every now and then when he owned the Beartooth Ranch. My son worked for him.

Once when coming home on leave, Chet Huntley sat beside me on a flight into Bozeman.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Bumped into william perry (the fridge) in the airport a couple of decades ago.......bought him a beer in exchange for a couple of autographs for the kids....

I'd say thats the only celebrity ive actually had a conversation with......and it waa a brief one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Bumped into william perry (the fridge) in the airport a couple of decades ago.......bought him a beer in exchange for a couple of autographs for the kids....

I'd say thats the only celebrity ive actually had a conversation with......and it waa a brief one.

If you ever run into a group of rabbit hunters on game management all driving Lexus vehicles, that'll likely be who it is.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Jahrs
Sat at a bar in Boca Raton and had a couple drinks next to Robert Fuller. Met Davy Jones in a bar in west palm beach. Met Suzy Bogguss in a bar in Raleigh. Franco Harris friend of the family. Joe Louis, Clyde Barrow and Stonewall Jackson related to by marriage.
I also met Mike Schmidt, Willie Mays, Don Money, Cookie Rojas, Richie Allen, Larry Bowa and Frank Robinson. Anyone remember them?

I went to high school with Richie Allans nephew. My uncle had a friend named Jim Barrow. I was told he was Clyde Barrow's nephew. Swam in his pool and ate some hot dogs with his kids.

I think he led the league in homers and strike outs for quite a few years, national league anyways. He could really hit a long ball and swung a very heavy bat.

“No one in hell can ever say I went to Christ and He rejected me.

C.H. Spurgeon
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Close enough to have my arm around her

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Is that who I think it is? If so, I envy you !!!

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I met Marty Stouffer and Bocephus.

MAGA
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I had a nice conversation with Paul Newman. Pitted next to and raced against Craig T. Nelson.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Have meet several, funnest encounter was Jack Klugman, in 1991 we had just flew into LAX and my wife was hoping to see any celebrity and had just asked me to keep an eye out for one!

Just as she was pushing a cart filled with our bags around a corner Jack Klugman came flying around in the opposite direction with a cart and ran into hers. Both carts bags went flying!

He was very apologetic and we laughed as we reloaded our and his luggage cart.

Ted
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Use to see Garry Marshall and his daughter Penny Marshall at a restaurant in Burbank CA I regularly ate lunch at, after a while they would recognize us and say hi has they came and left..

Ted
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Branson MO 2005 Operation Homecoming------ Vietnam Reunion--- As Ann was leaving the side gate to the stage -- The wife of a fellow crew member of the replica Guntruck WildThing ( parked next to the stage on display ) stopped her SUV and asked her if she could take a moment to meet a Vietnam Guntrucker. My Name was called and in 2.13 seconds I flew out of the box of the truck and sprinted 30 yds. to the Suv. I had my arm in the exact same place Elvis did.. Great great Lady

[Linked Image]
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1234, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,577
Posts18,510,880
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.