Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Quite a few growing up in Palm Beach, worked for Jimmy Buffett, Alan Jackson, Elizabeth Trump. Spoke with Steve Austin in Vegas for a bit, shook hands w/Vince Neil at his bar once.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Growing up some of the scenes from Ice Castle were filmed on our farm, so Robby Benson. I was fortunate as a Deputy in our county to work a lot of the movie scenes being filmed. So saw many, also Worked off duty at Paisley Park so Prince and others many times and made it into in one of his videos.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Went pheasant hunting with a professional baseball pitcher last year. Friend of a friend thing. No clue who he was. Looked him up and it was legit. Not as good as pheasant hunting with Ricky Skaggs or Roy Clark, but it’s all I got.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Only one I remember was Apollo Creed (Carl Weathers). Apparently had a small ranch/farm on Whidbey Island.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kennymauser
Is that who I think it is? If so, I envy you !!!

I saw her (Ann Margret) at a USO show in Okinawa, and later in Viet Nam. Our airplanes used to haul the Bob Hope group around VN and the other military bases in the area!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You guys remember Bob Ross? The guy with the afro who did the painting on PBS?
Back in the late 1970’s he and I were in the same squadron at Eielson AFB in Alaska. He was the First Sgt for the clinic and I was the dorm chief so we worked together frequently. Cool guy, easy to get along with. Commissioned him to do two paintings for me. One was of Denali and the other was of the Northern Lights.
Still have both paintings.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Was in a hunting camp in Colorado with Pat Reeve of Driven.....in his really early days. I don't watch much of that kind of thing, but he seemed like a nice guy. Gave me some early Driven swag when I helped him create some content.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Found the photo, from ten years ago. One of the high points of George Strait’s career 😎

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
R
Resurrecting an old thread......

Was freshly retired but decided to work part-time at a large independent gun shop in central Minnesota.
Hank Jr. was in the area during fishing season and again for black bear.
First visit was towards closing time so we locked up and wandered the store for a couple hours past closing.
Second visit happened to be Labor Day weekend and the store was nuts with people everywhere.
Was nice to all he met and whoever wanted a picture got one. He needed a lever pivot bushing for a Savage 99.
We didn't have one loose so I picked a 99 off the rack and headed to the gunsmith shop in the back.
Took the pivot bushing from that one, knowing we'd get the part replaced. He felt bad about that so came back
the next day and bought the rifle.

Was at the SHOT Show a bunch of years back and R. Lee Ermey was there for Glock. Stood in line for an autographed pic
for our deer camp. Talked for maybe five-ten minutes about the differences in the areas we each hunted whitetail.
Probably a hundred people in line but the conversation we had wasn't rushed.

"Well hell boys. I'd damn sight rather be hung by my friends than by a bunch'a damn strangers."
Jake Spoon - Lonesome Dove
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Back when I was Charter Flying had Sam Snead as a passenger...

When living in Senoia, GA. saw Burt Reynolds walking down the sidewalk, he was filming in town.... he looked like death warmed over. Would have been around 2005...

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )
IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Ran into and had a short chat with Milton Berle at the quad cities airport in about 1984. Waited on a table at a fine restaurant in Manhattan Ks in about 1972, the diner was Jesse Owen’s.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I knew Toby Keith. His son went to school with my son. And they played little league sports together (football and baseball) for several years. He was down to earth, and a good dude. He didn’t move out to Nashville and stick his nose up those record label executives asses either; he stayed right there in Norman, Oklahoma and his kids went to Norman Public Schools. He helped coach those little league teams too.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers interviewed me for a job in his bar as a bouncer.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quite a few actually.

Some at various shows, one on a hunt, & too many to name from NASCAR as I worked for one on the engine component manufacturers & had an annual pass.

Went into some of the haulers several times, most were pretty good people, couple were jerks.

MM

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Ted Nugent at a campaign event for Bob Barr.

Walked past Bobby Cox, Braves manager during the 90's. He was walking out of Home Depot as I was walking in. I live about 70 miles from Atlanta, but Cox's daughter lives here. My wife taught his grandkids. I didn't make a scene, just nodded and said, Good Luck tonight coach. He nodded back and thanked me. They were playing a game later that night.

Almost exactly the same encounter with Steve Bartkowski walking out of a Bass Pro Shop. He was the Falcons QB during the 80's. This was after he retired.

We aren't close friends, but I've known "Arn Anderson", the former professional wrestler since 8th grade. Arn Anderson is a stage name. We are the same age and played football locally in the 70's. We went to different schools, but I got to know him when we were both on an All-Star team in 8th grade.

Ravishing Rick Rudd (another pro wrestler from the 80's) had 2 sons about the same age as my son. They played football together.

Pee Wee Anderson was a close friend of Arn Anderson and a state championship wrestler in the 119 lb class. Arn got him into professional wrestling as a referee. He was big time during the 80's before dying young of cancer. I only met Pee Wee once but worked with his wife/widow and taught his son and daughter.

I met John Hannah, (New England Patriots from 75-85 and probably the best offensive lineman to ever play) at a high school coaches' clinic. He was coaching HS football at the time and was at a clinic in the early 2000's. As a coach, not a presenter. One of the presenters (a young college coach) was showing how he taught his O linemen to pass block. After the presentation Hannah pulled the guy aside and showed him how he taught it. Both of them kicked off their shoes and were putting on full speed blocking drills. Good show.

Having played and coached sports most of my life I've known 20-25 people who played pro football, basketball or baseball. The only one currently is a girl in the WNBA. Most weren't well known. The most successful was Ray Donaldson who played 17 years at center for the Colts then Cowboys during the 80's and 90's. He has a Superbowl ring from the last time Dallas won a SB. I think he should be in the HOF after 17 years playing at a high level at that position.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Local County Fair, worked stage prep/tear down.......

Charlie Daniels, Kathy Mattea (very sweet person), Ronnie Milsap (total effing jerk), Sammy Kershaw (another total jerk), Patty Loveless, Aaron Tippin (heck of a nice guy), and probably a couple more I can't think of.

Met Radar from MASH out at the gas station by the interstate.

Played highschool football with a guy 2 grades ahead of me that played for the Bills and the Rams.

I prefer peace. But if trouble must come, let it come in my time, so that my children may live in peace. ~~ Thomas Paine
E
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
E
I see Phil Vasser all the time strolling by

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Ran into Rod Stewart in a bar, while watching the saint paddy's day parade in the Irish channel, New Orleans about 23 yrs ago. A few years prior, seen but didn't meet Steven Seagal at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans. Rod was pretty cool, we seemed to be the only ones that knew who he was so he talked to us for a couple of minutes.

PETA - People Eating Tasty Animals
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Hank Jr at a gunshow. One year when Guns n Roses played Sturgis I run into part of the band at the lgs. Hard for some I suppose to believe but back in late april.of 76 I run into G A Custer in Bismark ND and told him there were a lot of natives with bad attitudes in Montana he didn't listen to good. No this ain't my 1st time around. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Ginger Rogers at her ranch on the Rogue River and at church. Lots of politicians - and racing types (Parnelli Jones to Jimmy Vasser)

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 06hunter59, 61 invisible), 2,226 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,010
Posts18,500,195
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.