-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Tanya Tucker - I must have been about 13, so it was probably around 1989. We were checking into our hotel to see the Dixie National Rodeo that weekend. The rodeo is held every year in Jackson, MS and she was one of the performers that weekend. I was turning around and she was hurrying to the restroom and we collided. She was very apologetic, and said it was her fault. She offered us rodeo tickets as well as tickets to the party after the rodeo.

Steve McNair - It was after he had been in the NFL a year or two. Saw him coming down the escalator at the Jackson, MS airport one early morning. Just shared a wave and a nod.

Richard Petty - Met him at an autograph signing. It was on a school day during my senior year in high school but my parents let me skip school to go meet him and get his autograph. It was all good until the news crew showed up to cover the event. Guess who they interviewed…yep yours truly. Guess who saw it on tv that night…yep my principal. The next day at school guess who got called up to see the principal…yep it’s me again. Principal told me he saw my “tv appearance” and then he wanted to know why I didn’t get him an autograph!! 😎.

Randy Weaver - Our table was next to his at a gun show. He was selling his book about Ruby Ridge.

Ernie Irvan - Another autograph signing. It wasn’t too long after his recovery from his terrible wreck at Michigan. He looked like he felt like hell, but he was still nice.

Tom Kelly - If you don’t turkey hunt you may not be familiar with him. Fine man and family friend.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As a kid we lived in Marquette, MI (KI Sawyer AFB) and several times Robert Voelker came to the Rod and Gun Club meetings. My father was on the Board and became friends with him. We fished with him a few times and he asked me to tie some flies for him which I did. He wrote "Trout Madness," "Trout Magic," and "Anatomy of a Murder" under the pen name Robert Traver.

Sarah Palin has been to my house many times and always gives me a hug when we bump into each other in an airport, or where ever.

James Earl Jones lives very close to the old family farm and is always classy, though a bit reclusive.

Had a very bad day with Hank Jr and cannot, could not, possibly detest the POS more.

Met Bob Milek while guiding and really liked him.

Did tons of work with Mary Mueller, an exceptional scrimshander. I cut much of the ivory for her and made bases for her work for many years. A couple times she could not go to the big SCI shows. I went to cover her booth for her and met many famous collectors of her work. The Presidents Bush, Bobbie Knight (an ass), Sylvester Stallone (even with his elevator shoes he is really short), the Brownells (extremely classy folks commissioned a large scrimshaw sheep, Mary did three to choose from and they took all.) The Bourse at SCI attracts a lot of heavy hitters.

Knew Ann and Nancy Wilson in college when their band was White Heart.

Ted Danson stayed in the camp (PBOC) where I lived in Prudhoe Bay and played basketball every night with us. They were filming some green energy bullshit show. He did not like being boxed out. No sniveling! Just played hard when being met solidly.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
L
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Met a bunch of politicians but I'd rather brag on meeting and jawboning an unaccompanied Joe Foss and skiing routinely with Robin Olds.

Now there are two names worth bragging about

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Played in a Champions Tour Major Pro Am at Shoal Creek CC in Birmingham AL. My partner was Chip Beck, former Ryder Cup member and avid fisherman like me. Hit balls on the driving range with Rocco Mediate, who is a real Chatty Kathy. Said hi to Bo Jackson who crushes a golf ball but has no short game. Condellisa Rice hit balls two spaces over from me. Hit it straight as a die but no more than 150-160 yards. When there was a rain delay the pros and we amateurs were ushered into the men‘a grill. Sat at a circular table with Nick Saban who is originally from WV like my Dad’s family and whose nickname as a boy was “Bud” like me. The night before the tournament had dinner with Joe Gibbs, the co-founder with Arnold Palmer of the Golf Channel. He was a perfect Southern Gentleman and introduced me to every famous Champions Tour golfer who stopped by our table to shake Joe’s hand.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Duck911
Played golf with a double ace fighter pilot......
Whose name is still unknown.
Cause he would never say who it was.

Have to be a overlap cat I'm thinking.

Ww2 and Korea
Korea and Vietnam.

Would be a known name easily.....

Duck911 is also a high roller sports better who always cleans up and makes bank.

🤷‍♂️🤔🤔🤷‍♂️

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Many years ago I saw one of the republican presidential candidates at an airport. I believe it was in Chicago. His waiting area was next to ours. Unfortunately, I cannot remember his name. He was a real personable guy and we talked for a couple of minutes. I saw Bernie Sanders come off of an airplane in Des Moines a couple of years ago. I snapped a picture of him. I met Michael Durant of Blackhawk Down fame at a book signing thing at the 160th compound in 2003.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Saw John Boener (sp) when he was Speaker of the House. The SS threw me and another guy off the elevator when he and his detail got on. Dhicks.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by LouisB
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Met a bunch of politicians but I'd rather brag on meeting and jawboning an unaccompanied Joe Foss and skiing routinely with Robin Olds.

Now there are two names worth bragging about
I recall Joe Foss getting hassled by TSA buffoons over his sharp-pointy object in his carry on. If I further recall, 1/2 dozen yard apes were going to make him leave his dangerous, sharp-pointy object in the amnesty barrel.

None of the mouth breathing chim oanzees in security knew it was his CMH.
Suppose they confused it for a ninja throwing star

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by renegade50
Duck911

Ww2 and Korea
Korea and Vietnam.

Duck911 is also a high roller sports better who always cleans up and makes bank.

🤷‍♂️🤔🤔🤷‍♂️

Remember when Ruger’s dad supposedly parachuted into a area hush hush that the 101st was not meant to be in.
Not one single Tennessee hayseed challenged that fable after back checking the history of the deployments. Not to mention a cookie being part of a special operation.

Hahaha

Someone crapped in his Camp Chef. lmfao

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Another one I thought of was Jefferson LeBlanc back in the late 80's. He was an invited guest to a small gathering I was at. I honestly didn't know that much about him and spoke to him for a few minutes. He gave a speech later and I was in awe. Very unassuming person.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had lunch once next to Joan Jett and her bodyguards table.
Meant Phil Simms at a trade show. What a stuck up bastid he was

NRA Life Member

"You might as well be wrong, as be right and not know it"
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by renegade50
Duck911

Ww2 and Korea
Korea and Vietnam.

🤷‍♂️🤔🤔🤷‍♂️

Remember when Ruger’s dad supposedly parachuted into a area hush hush that the 101st was not meant to be in.
Not one single Tennessee hayseed challenged that fable after back checking the history of the deployments. Not to mention a cookie being part of a special operation.

Hahaha

Someone crapped in his Camp Chef. lmfao

That woulda been me check firing Rugers story of his daddy in the 101st in the Korean War.

I made alot of " friends" that day...

Fuuking armorer in 101st ordnance battalion in 2ID IIRC
Laid it out with unit links, being a complete dick with the facts to back it up.
Just to make Ruger have a cock sticking outta his forehead moment in front of everyone on his website...
The 101st Abn Div was a stateside training division during the Korean war.....

🤣🤣👍🏻🤣🤣

Last edited by renegade50; 02/25/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
One year George Strait hired some of us reenactors to fire a volley to start a Wounded Warrior golf tournament at his resort north of San Antonio.

Stood next to him on the buffet line and had a few words, he only about my height which was a surprise, later on he posed for a photo with us holding a musket. Ain’t got it on this phone but I’ve posted it here before.

Gracious and polite, seemed like a regular guy.

I’ve been around Phil Collins at the Alamo, never spoke to him though.

Prob’ly 1993, around 2am, light rain, heading North through PA no the interstate on my KLR 650 I come up behind a jeep, license plate AXL ROS. Sure looked like him behind the wheel as I passed.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Met Hank Williams Jr a few times when I was a teenager. He lived in my county in Alabama at the time, had a place on Smith Lake and a store n town named Hanks Montana Exchange. He was drunk half of the time. I worked with my Dad one summer building a floating boat dock for some lawyer whose property was next door to Hanks on the lake. He and some of his buddies were over there shooting several times. Can't think of anyone else celebrity or celebrityish. Maybe Governor Folsom at the State Sporting Clays Championship, he was a very good shooter. Seems like John Kruger won that day, only saw from a distance. Long time ago.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Forgot about meeting Jerry Miculek. Me n my Dad went to the grand opening of the Mossy Oak outlet in West Point, MS. Jerry was there for the opening of the S&W store and to put on a shooting exhibition. This was when he set all the different records with a 625 and I think a 627. One hell of a nice guy!!! Very personable and easy to talk to. Still don’t know how he does it even after seeing him shoot up close. Also met Jim Scoutten and Roy Jinks at the same event.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Built a home for a music biz bigshot and was invited to Faith Hill's first platinum party.....even got a pic with her and bumped into Troy Aikman there....I think he was pursuing her at the time. Same guy got me backstage at the Eagles concert in Nashville....had dinner with Senator Fred Thompson (also and actor) and his date that night, Lori Morgan. Cool dude, used to see him at the grocery store from time to time as well. Didn't get to meet any of the Eagles, but had killer seats for the show. Joe Walsh tore it up that night.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by LOBO2
Tanya Tucker - I must have been about 13, so it was probably around 1989. We were checking into our hotel to see the Dixie National Rodeo that weekend. The rodeo is held every year in Jackson, MS and she was one of the performers that weekend. I was turning around and she was hurrying to the restroom and we collided. She was very apologetic, and said it was her fault. She offered us rodeo tickets as well as tickets to the party after the rodeo.

Steve McNair - It was after he had been in the NFL a year or two. Saw him coming down the escalator at the Jackson, MS airport one early morning. Just shared a wave and a nod.

Richard Petty - Met him at an autograph signing. It was on a school day during my senior year in high school but my parents let me skip school to go meet him and get his autograph. It was all good until the news crew showed up to cover the event. Guess who they interviewed…yep yours truly. Guess who saw it on tv that night…yep my principal. The next day at school guess who got called up to see the principal…yep it’s me again. Principal told me he saw my “tv appearance” and then he wanted to know why I didn’t get him an autograph!! 😎.

Randy Weaver - Our table was next to his at a gun show. He was selling his book about Ruby Ridge.

Ernie Irvan - Another autograph signing. It wasn’t too long after his recovery from his terrible wreck at Michigan. He looked like he felt like hell, but he was still nice.

Tom Kelly - If you don’t turkey hunt you may not be familiar with him. Fine man and family friend.

It was Lorrie Morgan not Tanya Tucker. My remebery is going south.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Renegade50 - " ... The 101st Abn Div was a stateside training division during the Korean war....."

Yes, the U.S. paratroopers who jumped in Korea during the "peace action," were members of the 187th Regimental Combat Team Abn. That was a unit of the 11th Airborne Div., if I remember correctly. When i started college in 1955, I ate at an old off campus boarding house. There were about a dozen Korean War vets living there going to college on the G.I. Bill. I became friends with one of them who had been a paratrooper with the 187th RCT, and had jumped into Korea. Got himself a Purple Heart, CIB, and all that.

FWIW.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Peepaw and Meemaw took me to Disneyland I met Mickey and Goofy.
Highlight of my life.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The wife and I just took a weekend trip to Nashville, and Kathy Lee Gifford and her assistant sat right behind us on the plane. Chatted with her for a bit after she stood up and smashed her friggin head on the overhead compartments…lol

My best one was about 25 years ago. I was ordering food at a stand at the races in Englishtown NJ, and John Force walked up beside me and asked if he could hop in front of me and grab a hotdog real quick! Since he was and is my favorite drag racer I was kinda starstruck and surprised at the time. Pretty funny moment looking back on it.

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 160user, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 15,958 guests, and 1,002 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,197
Posts18,543,507
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.