Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Our local Lowes has both battery and gas, of course the battery powered zero turns are twice the cost.
I just laugh but it's part of the agenda, they'll force us to buy battery operated chitt.
Look around it's everywhere. Here in TN, Ford is building a new manufacturing plant just for electric trucks, cars, etc.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...americas-shift-to-electric-vehicles.html

I just hope diesel is still affordable for the next 15 years cause I'm not buying an electric truck.

HMM-161, HMM-364
Semper Fi Brothers

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by WMR
I’m exploring the idea of buying a battery operated generator. 🤔 No luck so far.

I actually Built one

It cost me around 16K to get a 30AMP system up and running.

I does require the sun and on cloudy rainy days it does not work very well.
And when it snows i have to go out in the cold and clean the snow off of it or it will not work.

There is a lot of extra work involved over just putting gas in one.

The up side is at night when I am sleeping. i do not have to wake up to a noisy loud gas run Generator.
It is runs silent

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
didnt you guys vote to go all electric?...if so how is this a brandon thing?....you voted it in.....bob

What'N hell are you talking about? John voted for biden? LOL

Amazing at the number of people who talk like EVERYBODY on the west coast is a flaming liberal. sheeesh

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not that way here Seafire, I'm thinking it might be an Oregon thing.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Not that way here Seafire, I'm thinking it might be an Oregon thing.

this....ol mike didnt say he voted for biden....said they voted it in oregon. why I asked ..how is this a brandon thing?.

while we all agree brandon is a pos...need to put the blame where its due....voters in the state.....bob

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Everyone best go buy themselves a stihl 170 and a stihl 271 and just put em back for future use if you think it may become unobtainable. And 2-cycle.

I have a NITB 180 stihl I’ve had for 2 years.

Won’t unbox it until one of my others takes a catastrophic shît on me.
Still running a 290, a pair of 170s and the electric 220 as of now.

Lately they’ve been collectively seeing about 10 hours a week. I cut most of my firewood in Feb-early April.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Home Depot used to have a pretty good military discount. It flat out sucks now. I'd rather do business with the local folks or LOWEs if I need something from a big chain.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Coal-powered tools.

LOL

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Must be a PNW thing. Plenty of gas mowers available here in Nevada.
Home Depot gas mowers

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a problem with my gas powered Ryobi chainsaw. The fuel intake started floating up to the top of the tank. Shoved it back to the bottom of the tank with a stick and it's worked like a champ ever since. Well, maybe like a champ that is seriously lacking in horse power because it is way too lean.

IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
haven't been back to this thread since I posted it... Lot of good responses...Thanks guys...

not really any of the usual slander posts these threads attach, and go for 40 pages of insults back and forth..
of course trying to get ahold of anyone at customer service at Ryobi's 1.800 line is more than a joke.. and then trying to get someone that speaks English as a native tongue is even a bigger challenge...

Local Store manager told me that H.D. was going all electric on power equipment, guess maybe they are starting at the far end of the country, then working east bound...who knows...

To cut this saga short, turns out what has been the problem is the 2 stroke oil I have used. The fuel I use for my lawn equipment is 100 octane AV/Gas from our local airport... no ethanol... however in Oregon, like some other democRAT ran states... non ethanol can contain up to 5 % ethanol.
Stupid democRATs...

H.D. replaced 3 saws....no local shops work on them, as they had their own repair shop.. talking a local 75 mile radius... which they no longer do.
The local shops were dictated to quit repairing customers stuff on Jan 27th... go back in there now 30 days later, they hardly have ANY gas operated ANYTHING on the shelves available now... to include lawn mowers... YET if you buying something they still try to sell you an extended 2 year warranty.. of which you have to send the product 300 miles away at your expense, and the same to get it back...but labor and parts are covered by an Alstate Protection Plan... got down into reading the fine print at my local store after asking a few questions...

The problems have been bad 2 stroke oil in a gallon jug bought at Walmart...its made by Warren Oil in Nebraska.... after a lot of time getting the runaround via Wally World's 1 800 number and speaking to a bunch of people who speak Spanish, and pigeon English...finally got in touch with Warren Oil.. voice mail.. called me back in 15 minutes.. and they spoke English, NOT Spanish first...SCORE!

They immediately filed a claim for me.. friendly and business like...they asked for receipts and repair estimates... I'm sending those off this morning via email... I did go an purchase an Echo Chainsaw from a local Store, who also sells Husky and Stihl...the Echo has a 5 year warranty.. at my age of 70, that might be a life time warranty in my age range for all I know...Might get hit by a bus next week, regardless of having good health right now..
The local store's price on the Echo, was $60 less than what H.D. was wanting.. they carry it but won't work on it..the local store's repair facility will work on it, and so will most of the other repair shops also will...no shortages of those places in a town out in the middle of a couple million acres of woods...

Most of my life I've had no need for a chain saw...we bought this house 4.5 years ago... my wife wanted it so bad... "its all nice and wooded and homey, and I've ALWAYS wanted a home like this, and it has a pool like I've always wanted etc etc etc.." New thing I learned.. don't ever let your wife pick your home to live in...all her features she just had to have are real high maintenance...and guess who has to do all the work to fix it all the time..... ( sorry side b itch)...

So we'll see how well Warren Oil is going to back up their product, since Walmart just passed the buck....never had a problem with a Warren Oil made product in the past...The Ryobi saws , I just thought they were lemons from the start....the electric one I bought so the wife or my son can start it when I'm not here, has worked very reliably.... but it runs 20 minute and needs 90 minutes to recharge the battery... paid $49 for the battery and charger.. NOW H.D. wants $149.00 for the battery, and $219 for what I bought a year ago together for $49.00.. See a pattern here?

Certainly has been a learning experience.. like learning to swim, by being thrown in the deep end of the pool. That was how I was taught to swim by my Marine Corps Dad..at 5 years old...drank half the pool before making it to the side to get out... 2 weeks later on my own, I was jumping off the high dive.... I've always used that as an example, the way I learn stuff... but somehow in the end, it all works out for the better...and I gain alot of knowledge on something real fast... Its just getting to that end point that is a pain in the ass....

Thanks for all of those who replied... and yeah, Living in a DemocRAT ran state sucks... but I didn't move here for the politics...it was the outdoors and the lack of living somewhere crowded... most of the DemocRAT BS, I ignore and find myself not complying most of the time... I am hardly in the minority...besides DemocRATS never comply with laws anyway... even when they are the ones that wanted the laws... they always think the laws don't apply to democRATs in case you've never noticed...

Cheers guys and have a good day...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
So no more generators? That's where I bought my honda, they had the best price at the time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1badf350, 1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 56 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,139
Posts18,502,738
Members73,991
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.