Campfire Tracker
R
Damn !! KFWA, ya beat me to it, Horse Schitt Rio7

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What I find truly humorous is that folk[like the OP] buy into articles such as the one in the link.

And BTW-someone should let the author know why there is a 'shortage of mental health care' out in the sticks, wasn't needed prior to the influx of mentally unstable people[city folk] moving into those once rural areas.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Raeford
What I find truly humorous is that folk[like the OP] buy into articles such as the one in the link.

And BTW-someone should let the author know why there is a 'shortage of mental health care' out in the sticks, wasn't needed prior to the influx of mentally unstable people[city folk] moving into those once rural areas.
Speaking of "mental health care" there's been a successful effort to place mental health counselors in schools. They actually create more mental health problems than they solve.

Politics is War by Other Means
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Tell ya what….I’ll just take your word for it. I’m not clicking on that chit.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
"Additionally, people living “in the country” displayed lower levels of life satisfaction and less purpose, or meaning in life, than those living in urban areas."

Laying the groundwork that if you want to live "in the country" that you're mentally deficient....

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Wasn't John Boy the first closet q u e e r on a TV series? He always acted a little light in the loafers to be part of a backwoods farming family in Appalachia.
Wasn't the actor who played Grandpa Walton gay, also?

Will "Grandpa Walton" Geer was gay.

Richard "John Boy Walton" Thomas is not gay unless its come on him lately. He has been married twice, to women, and has kids.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Speaking of "mental health care" there's been a successful effort to place mental health counselors in schools. They actually create more mental health problems than they solve.
You could very well be right on this. My late mother-in-law worked as a secretary type person at the local mental health facility. The whole crew that worked with patients and administration with the exception of one black lady were nuts, and two of the men that I know of were homo. Maybe more.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another cherry picked Meta-Analysis.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RJY66
Richard "John Boy Walton" Thomas is not gay unless its come on him lately. He has been married twice, to women, and has kids.

Being married with kids doesn't mean a thing.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Wasn't John Boy the first closet q u e e r on a TV series? He always acted a little light in the loafers to be part of a backwoods farming family in Appalachia.
Wasn't the actor who played Grandpa Walton gay, also?

And a full fledged card carrying bolshevik

Darn you guys, now I used to like The Waltons.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Eric308
Those of us in the reality-based community sometimes struggle to understand the world view of the more "eccentric" members of this forum, but perhaps this new study will shed some light:

https://studyfinds.org/living-in-country-mental-health/

I live in a rural area, but if I don't get out and about with some frequency I do go a little stir crazy. A couple of weeks ago the wife and I caught the traveling production of To Kill a Mockingbird with Richard ("John Boy") Thomas as Atticus Finch. The packed house gave the performance a standing ovation, it was a wonderful experience.

This screams butt dart

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I didn't click on it but it sounds like it was written about 1903.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Those of us in the reality-based community
Lol

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Those of us in the reality-based community sometimes struggle to understand the world view of the more "eccentric" members of this forum, but perhaps this new study will shed some light:

https://studyfinds.org/living-in-country-mental-health/

I live in a rural area, but if I don't get out and about with some frequency I do go a little stir crazy. A couple of weeks ago the wife and I caught the traveling production of To Kill a Mockingbird with Richard ("John Boy") Thomas as Atticus Finch. The packed house gave the performance a standing ovation, it was a wonderful experience.
Faqqot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Message from this so-called 'study': move into the city-hives and live like unarmed serfs

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Damn birds chirping all the time.

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by erikj
Damn birds chirping all the time.
Yeah,

meadowlarks are back and singing all the time. Can't even have quiet time while out feeding the flock of 50 screaming pinyon jays that come for the scratch I put out for the quail and juncos. At least those last two are relatively noise free.

But dang, the geese, swans, and cranes.............they can be some noisy SOBs.

Even at night, if it's not the dang hootie owls it's the coyotes makin' a racket.

At least the guy that used to live up the road 1/4 mile with the donkey moved a couple years back. No more listening to that bastid every sunrise. And my rooster died last summer.

Bad news is, the rancher neighbor will be turning part of his herd out on the BLM lease behind our place in a month or two. Then we get to hear them calves bawlin' for their mamas, and mama callin' back even louder.

I sure do miss the quiet of the 'burbs I used to live in. Police, fire, EMS sirens every day and night, the dang PD helicopter flying 100' over the 'hood looking for perps, airliners coming in for a landing at the airport, heavy truck traffic on the 4 lane road down the end of the block, general traffic noise, folks coming and honking the horn in the driveway to get the neighbor's attention, kids makin' noise all the time, dogs barkin' all night.

I sure am depressed out here in the sticks.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Well maybe the Elitists should give up their large properties in the country to the peasants then move back to the city.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Richard Thomas is now 72 years old, so I suppose you should no longer call him "John Boy:" instead call him John Geezer. grin

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
The lunatic commies have commenced culture war on rural America. This is a piece of it.

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 325wsm1, 35, 6mmbrfan, 12 invisible), 13,249 guests, and 1,142 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,229
Posts18,544,004
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.