Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JeffyD
When Dad passed in 1988, we asked for donations to purchase new hymnals for our church which, at that time, had a female pastor.

My then-wife refused to attend the dedication service for the new books because of her belief that women cannot preach.

Your wife has Scriptural support. The female pastor is in rebellion toward God. It seems guys who will tolerate a woman pastor are close to being effeminate.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Absolutely.
Only white conservative men should preach. Cmon man

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
MacArthur is generally spot on biblically. 1 Timothy 2 is pretty clear on the subject.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My Mother was a woman

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Let's forget 1 Corinthians for a moment. Let's discuss Romans 16, which seems to refer to several women who are active in the early church, including one that's a deacon.

Romans 16:1-12 (NIV)
I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon[a][b] of the church in Cenchreae. 2 I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been the benefactor of many people, including me.

3 Greet Priscilla[c] and Aquila, my co-workers in Christ Jesus. 4 They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them.

5 Greet also the church that meets at their house.

Greet my dear friend Epenetus, who was the first convert to Christ in the province of Asia.

6 Greet Mary, who worked very hard for you.

7 Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among[d] the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

8 Greet Ampliatus, my dear friend in the Lord.

9 Greet Urbanus, our co-worker in Christ, and my dear friend Stachys.

10 Greet Apelles, whose fidelity to Christ has stood the test.

Greet those who belong to the household of Aristobulus.

11 Greet Herodion, my fellow Jew.

Greet those in the household of Narcissus who are in the Lord.

12 Greet Tryphena and Tryphosa, those women who work hard in the Lord.

Greet my dear friend Persis, another woman who has worked very hard in the Lord.

So we note that there are several women noted throughout this letter, and not one word is said about them preaching or not preaching. In fact, Phoebe seems to be addressed as a church leader. What to make of this?

Honestly though, if we look at what was going on during early Christianity, we know that the scriptures had to be hand copied in order to be passed from one group of Christians to another. This was being done when only 5% of the population could read, and even fewer people could write. Many of the people copying these scriptures had their own views on things, and there was a debate in the early centuries of the Church as to whether women could be in positions of power. So I'm saying it's pretty likely that the verses in 1 Corinthians that bar women from preaching did not originate from Paul, but originated from somebody else who was transcribing these letters to pass on to somebody else.

“To give anything less than the best is to sacrifice the gift.” -Steve Prefontaine

Matthew 25:31-46
IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Absolutely.
Only white conservative men should preach. Cmon man

Jim Bakker was white.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
A prerequisite for a woman to preach should be driving a car well. And also she should be a good cook and have sex with her husband anytime and anywhere. Then it’s possible she’d make a good preacher.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What if he wants to do it during the sermon?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OldHat
There are many very godly and helpful ministries women can participate in. I often think women who want to occupy the pulpit are more about making a self centered statement.
So is a male also making a self centered statement?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by smokepole
What if he wants to do it during the sermon?
Sounds like Wabi’s church

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No.... I've met several of them.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Paul covered this topic in 1st Timothy:

1 timothy 2:11-15 NIV -

11 A woman[ a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[ b] she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women[ c] will be saved through childbearing—if they

Women can preach to women.

God Bless America
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I got no problem with it. I know a woman pastor who’s conservative as all getout! She carries an AR-15.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My Mother was a woman, more than that she was a Lady, a Lot of the Faith I have today, she taught me.

My Mom too. Mom started volunteering as an organist at church when she was 12 or 13 and NEVER missed a Sunday until Mom had open heart surgery. Mom missed 1 Sunday when she had open heart surgery and 1 Sunday when she was battling breast cancer but that was it. Growing up Mom taught piano lessons and was the organist and choir director at church for extra money for the house since 5 kids were not cheap but that also meant that us kids went to church faithfully. All the time Mom was at church working so too we’re us kids. We’d usually be outside playing at church on Wednesday nights when Mom had choir practice. Our pastor was awesome…he was a MAN from the greatest generation and a chaplain in Korea that loved hunting. He’d know how much time I had to kill while Mom did her job/s and tell me that the starlings needed to be thinned out giving me something to do. I’d spent countless hours on church grounds hunting non-native species and having a blast. Hundreds or more likely thousands of hours I spent at that church and ALL my memories are wonderful memories of a simpler time.

Mom always said that if she hit the lottery she would continue to work and not miss a Sunday but she wouldn’t get paid. Mom was as close as I’ve knowingly come to living Saint. My mom was full of love, patience and kindness in quantities I’ve never seen since. Mom was slow to anger and quick to make up never carrying anger or animosity in her heart. Mom had a faith that I used to pray that I’d have someday….her trust in the Lord was amazing to me! I thought Mom was as perfect a Christian as anyone could be, including Mother Theresa, but as I’ve matured in my understanding and in my faith I realize that Mom was no better or worse in the Lord’s eyes but in my eyes Mom WAS PERFECT…the perfect mother, the perfect friend and ally, the perfect Christian, the perfect home maker and the perfect human. Based upon how lost dad is everyday since Mom has gone Home…….I’m sure that if I asked dad about his middle school girlfriend and lifelong partner dad would tell me that Mom was the perfect wife too. Mom was the perfect role model for our Christian faith for us kids when we were growing up and ALL of us have a close, personal relationship with the Lord.

The 2 things Mom had told me (I’m the oldest) in the later years that she desired most for us kids were 2 things that were already carved in stone and I doubt we could’ve changed them even if we wanted to. Mom wanted us “kids” to always get along and love each. Mom didn’t want distance or the busyness of life to get in between the love we have for each other. I promised Mom that since I’m the oldest I would be sure that us brothers and sisters stayed close and that no pettiness would interfere with our relationships. I’m fortunate because I don’t have to nurture and attend to the relationships of my siblings because we just naturally love each other. My younger brother is excellent about getting everyone together and he is 1 person in this world that if I or any of my siblings was in trouble in Shanghai he’d be on the first plane there and he wouldn’t leave until I was safe….I’m the same way. The other most important request for her children other than loving each other was to KNOW and LOVE God! Mom wanted each of us to know and love God like Mom loved God. I never thought I could be as close to the Lord as Mom was but I sure wanted to! Thanks to the example Mom set I feel that my relationship and love of the Lord is just as strong as Mom’s which is an extremely strong statement for me to make. My relationship with the Lord is the foundation of my life and my love for Him is what I imagine Mom felt for Him but I’m sure our individual relationship with the Lord is slightly different.

My Mom was as close to a Saint as anyone I’ve ever known and I so look forward to being reunited someday in the distant future….what a reunion that will be. I HAVE to do my best in this life so that NOTHING interferes with giving Mom a kiss and having her perfume linger on my whiskers….the little things that never even registered back then become sentimental memories of enormous happiness…

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
in my Christian church Luther wrote NO

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Methodist church local here got sent 5 women preachers in a row it went to schit last I heard there’s 4 in attendance on Sunday including the organist and the preacher

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
The qualification for deacons are different than that for elders, among other more stringent requirements,elders must be able to teach and both must be the husband of one wife, so how can a woman be a deacon? The Bible is also very clear on who is qualified to preach(teach) in church….elders(men). A woman is instructed to learn in silence in a church setting. The man is given spiritual authority over his family by God. These things are very clearly stated in the Word.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by OldHat
There are many very godly and helpful ministries women can participate in. I often think women who want to occupy the pulpit are more about making a self centered statement.
So is a male also making a self centered statement?

A male is ordained by God, Who is the creator of the Church.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find it amusing that some believe that women are not equal to men in God's eyes and that there are so many different perceptions about men vs. women in religion, which is why I do not and never will participate in organized religion.

As a man that has deep faith that considers Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savoir, I believe that upon our deaths, all of us (men and women) who are true believers and accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, will all live for eternity in heaven.

Personally, I prefer the company of women and have my entire life, men are not something I want to cuddle with, but I do enjoy drinking, hunting, and fishing with my fellow man. After that, it's ladies, all about the ladies, call me sick.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/24/23.

KB

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
No, women should not preach

Sam......

Page 2 of 20 1 2 3 4 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (280fan, 10gaugemag, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 22magnut, 257 mag, 42 invisible), 2,308 guests, and 1,122 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,564
Posts18,510,686
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.