Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
My Aunt is a Methodist Minister and a darn good one. Her sermons are filled with real life experiences and she is one of the most down to earth people I have ever met.

Except she is in disobedience to the very God she to serve.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Can we start a "why is Christianity shrinking" thread next?

And then scratch our heads and say I dunno.

I answered this in another thread. I is very simple. Evolution, in any form, is anti God. It has been force on the public schools for a couple generations now. What else would you expect?

Actually it's you.

You are the reason.

Sorry, Charlie. Folks were leaving the church before I became boisterous.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Calvin
I'm not going to tell a woman who has been called by God to preach, not to preach. That's honestly between her and God.

Johnny Mac is a good pastor, but he has used the name of the Lord to chase the almighty dollar pretty hard in his lifetime.

Then he’s not a good pastor. The teachings of Jesus are complete at odds with materialism. It’s impossible to follow the teachings of Jesus and accumulate wealth simultaneously

I don't agree that you can't be a follower of Christ and accumulate wealth. That's not found anywhere in the Bible. But, it doesn't make you wonder when Ol' Johnny Mac has 3 mansions and a net worth of 14 mil.
There's nothing in the Bible that says that wealth is a sin. What it does come down to, paraphrased, is
1. did you get it honestly and honorably?
2. would you give it up willingly if God asked you to?
The bible covers those 2 questions thoroughly.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Depends………

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So, you folks that think women shouldn't preach.

Do you make your wives and female kids wear a head covering?

Ankle length skirts?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My Mother was a woman, more than that she was a Lady, a Lot of the Faith I have today, she taught me.

My Mom too. Mom started volunteering as an organist at church when she was 12 or 13 and NEVER missed a Sunday until Mom had open heart surgery. Mom missed 1 Sunday when she had open heart surgery and 1 Sunday when she was battling breast cancer but that was it. Growing up Mom taught piano lessons and was the organist and choir director at church for extra money for the house since 5 kids were not cheap but that also meant that us kids went to church faithfully. All the time Mom was at church working so too we’re us kids. We’d usually be outside playing at church on Wednesday nights when Mom had choir practice. Our pastor was awesome…he was a MAN from the greatest generation and a chaplain in Korea that loved hunting. He’d know how much time I had to kill while Mom did her job/s and tell me that the starlings needed to be thinned out giving me something to do. I’d spent countless hours on church grounds hunting non-native species and having a blast. Hundreds or more likely thousands of hours I spent at that church and ALL my memories are wonderful memories of a simpler time.

Mom always said that if she hit the lottery she would continue to work and not miss a Sunday but she wouldn’t get paid. Mom was as close as I’ve knowingly come to living Saint. My mom was full of love, patience and kindness in quantities I’ve never seen since. Mom was slow to anger and quick to make up never carrying anger or animosity in her heart. Mom had a faith that I used to pray that I’d have someday….her trust in the Lord was amazing to me! I thought Mom was as perfect a Christian as anyone could be, including Mother Theresa, but as I’ve matured in my understanding and in my faith I realize that Mom was no better or worse in the Lord’s eyes but in my eyes Mom WAS PERFECT…the perfect mother, the perfect friend and ally, the perfect Christian, the perfect home maker and the perfect human. Based upon how lost dad is everyday since Mom has gone Home…….I’m sure that if I asked dad about his middle school girlfriend and lifelong partner dad would tell me that Mom was the perfect wife too. Mom was the perfect role model for our Christian faith for us kids when we were growing up and ALL of us have a close, personal relationship with the Lord.

The 2 things Mom had told me (I’m the oldest) in the later years that she desired most for us kids were 2 things that were already carved in stone and I doubt we could’ve changed them even if we wanted to. Mom wanted us “kids” to always get along and love each. Mom didn’t want distance or the busyness of life to get in between the love we have for each other. I promised Mom that since I’m the oldest I would be sure that us brothers and sisters stayed close and that no pettiness would interfere with our relationships. I’m fortunate because I don’t have to nurture and attend to the relationships of my siblings because we just naturally love each other. My younger brother is excellent about getting everyone together and he is 1 person in this world that if I or any of my siblings was in trouble in Shanghai he’d be on the first plane there and he wouldn’t leave until I was safe….I’m the same way. The other most important request for her children other than loving each other was to KNOW and LOVE God! Mom wanted each of us to know and love God like Mom loved God. I never thought I could be as close to the Lord as Mom was but I sure wanted to! Thanks to the example Mom set I feel that my relationship and love of the Lord is just as strong as Mom’s which is an extremely strong statement for me to make. My relationship with the Lord is the foundation of my life and my love for Him is what I imagine Mom felt for Him but I’m sure our individual relationship with the Lord is slightly different.

My Mom was as close to a Saint as anyone I’ve ever known and I so look forward to being reunited someday in the distant future….what a reunion that will be. I HAVE to do my best in this life so that NOTHING interferes with giving Mom a kiss and having her perfume linger on my whiskers….the little things that never even registered back then become sentimental memories of enormous happiness…

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading this.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ankle length skirts?
Those are a misreading of scripture. It appears in a couple OT books that men and women are prohibited from wearing each other's clothing as it's an abomination to God. It's not talking about women wearing jeans. Styles of clothing are determined by the local custom, not by anything in scripture. These verses are talking about cross dressing, trying to be the opposite sex. Transvestites. Sound familiar?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Ankle length skirts?
Those are a misreading of scripture. It appears in a couple OT books that men and women are prohibited from wearing each other's clothing as it's an abomination to God. It's not talking about women wearing jeans. Styles of clothing are determined by the local custom, not by anything in scripture. These verses are talking about cross dressing, trying to be the opposite sex. Transvestites. Sound familiar?
OK, but what about the head covering?

https://biblehub.com/1_corinthians/11-6.htm

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
nobody is listening anyway , so let them preach.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ankle length skirts?
I think you are correct on this and anyway there weren't any blue jeans back then. Moses had a lot to contend with as he governed his nomadic tribe and he couldn't put up with a bunch of homo cross dressing or behavior. A lot of Mosaic law was grounded in promoting health and harmony.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Ankle length skirts?

I don't think head covering was an OT thing. Where is that in the bible?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
IC B3

Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Ankle length skirts?

You didn't get to God's definition of head covering. 1 Corinthians 11:15
"but if a woman has long hair, it is a glory to her. For her hair is given to her for a covering." Whose the Giver?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, you folks that think women shouldn't preach.

Do you make your wives and female kids wear a head covering?

Ankle length skirts?

It all sounds so familiar for some reason...

[Linked Image from static.dw.com]

"Whose bright idea was it to put every idiot in the world in touch with every other idiot? It's working!" -- P. J. O'Rourke
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Here comes the rule book.

I grew up in church but I must’ve missed that day….what happens to the heathen woman preacher? Let’s assume that her knowledge of Scripture is thorough, her message accurate and her teachings are sound but she is a woman that preached God’s word, loved Jesus as her Lord and Resurrected Savior and performed as good as any man at spreading the Good News?

Never mind the fact that she sometimes wore pants and only wore a head covering when she wore a ball cap to her son’s baseball game alongside her devoted husband. Her husband gave up preaching to help his wife at her big church….(just a little fuel for the fire of misogynistic angst and confusion 😀)

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
No amount of twisting things around like a two dollar lawyer to two bit politician, the Apostle Paul said let a woman keep silent during services. That is the end of the debate far as I am concerned.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Women make great cops, soldiers and firemen, why not preachers…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel

🤣🤣🤣

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nope. They can't be ordained into the priesthood. But there are plenty of other duties they can and should attend to.

Originally Posted by bruinruin
I'd rather they preach than vote.

If you can't trust them to vote and participate in government, how the hell could you trust them with your soul?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SKane
At some point, it's gonna be decision time if there's to be a continuation of the faith for generations to come.

No flame intended. smile

It's ironic how we folk think we have to help God keep His church going on earth when in reality He is in total control of everything and does not need our helping hand in the "continuation of the faith".

By saying this, we are putting God at our pathetic level. He does not need our help for anything. All we have to do is follow God's word (in this respect, no women pastors) and let God do the rest.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

..... because God said no. Who are we to say otherwise?

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by SuperCub

..... because God said no. Who are we to say otherwise?

I’m pretty sure that was tongue firmly in cheek

Page 6 of 20 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

141 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 300_savage, 5sdad, 257robertsimp, 348srfun, 15 invisible), 1,972 guests, and 990 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,552
Posts18,510,398
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.