E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
No worries man.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fly into and out of Gatwick to avoid the cluster fork of Heathrow. There's a train station at Gatwick's entrance where you can catch a train to Stratford.

After you rent a car, don't drive at night (lucky for you it is summer and England is north so it has long days) for a few days. At night, you're initial reaction will be to keep oncoming lights on the wrong side if you get complacent -- big oops.

Enjoy it while you're there.

RB

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Originally Posted by Stammster
Look both ways before crossing the road.

This is worth repeating. When you step off the sidewalk, the car that runs you over will be coming from the RIGHT, not the left.
[quote=Stammster] Look both ways before crossing the road.

This is the truth. I found out my first time in Australia. It’s something that sticks with you…. After you clean your shorts

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by WeimsnKs
[quote=Stammster] Look both ways before crossing the road.

This is worth repeating. When you step off the sidewalk, the car that runs you over will be coming from the RIGHT, not the left.
Originally Posted by Stammster
Look both ways before crossing the road.

This is the truth. I found out my first time in Australia. It’s something that sticks with you…. After you clean your shorts

LMAO This wouldn’t be good for me for chit! I’m full of chit as a Christmas turkey

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Edwin264
Chit I hope not! I don’t want to go to jail!

Might need to brush up on "preferred pronouns " then. Perhaps there is a app for that grin

Sounds like your time there will be brief. You still might be interested in learning something about the amazing canal system they build . It sounds like narrow boat culture is similar to RV culture here.

This guy sold his house and went full time narrow boat living. He has probably 100 or move videos up. You can rent a narrow boat if you go back with more time to explore

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B2

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I plan on going back to visit her with my wife

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Look smart and feel secure anywhere with our personal grooming aid, the Cold Steel Honey Comb. Precision manufactured at great expense, it has the innocuous appearance of a simple hairbrush, but the fully functional brush also acts as a sheath that conceals an effective stiletto! Rather than use metal, the Honey Comb has been injection molded from Zy-Ex a tough, stiff nylon and fiberglass composite. We believe the Honey Comb is the all-around answer to personal defense at home, at work or overseas. As a hairbrush, it's particularly appropriate in glove compartments, luggage, a backpack, or a woman's handbag, and its unassuming appearance won't turn heads or draw unwanted attention.

*Sales Disclaimer: If you are not sure about the legality of any item for sale on our website, you MUST contact your local District Attorney's Office and ask them if you can carry or own suspected items in your state. Many states allow you to own suspected items but not carry them. Suspected items are not to be used as weapons or to cause bodily harm or damage to personal property in any way. It's YOUR responsibility to know the law before you order. It's the responsibility of the buyer, NOT THE SELLER, to ascertain, and obey, all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws in regard to the possession and use of any item on this site - we cannot possibly keep track of over 40,000 weapons control laws. All equipment is sold subject to public law 90-351, title III, U.S.D., Section 2511, and any local, state, or federal ordinances. Also, any attempt at entrapment by any law enforcement agency will be met with swift legal action. Cold Steel Inc. will not be held liable for the misuse of any product listed on this website. For International Orders, please check with your local county and country officials or law enforcement to see if legal in your area, it is YOUR responsibility to know your laws before ordering. By purchasing any item from our site - the buyer warrants compliance with all local, state, federal, and international laws, and that the buyer is legally able to purchase such items from our website or catalog. Cold Steel Inc. disclaims any and all liability related to improper, illegal, unintended use or modification of weapons sold through our website or catalog. The purchaser, user, or participant assumes all risk of injury from any use. *NOT legal or available in all states or countries. Please check your local legalities before ordering. Cold Steel is not responsible for confiscated, incomplete or undelivered orders. This item is not able to be shipped to California. This item ships from our Arizona Warehouse.

Weight:
2.2oz

Blade Thickness:
1/2in

Blade Length:
3-5/8in

Handle Length/Material:
4 1/4in Long Zy-Ex

Overall Length:
7 7/8in (8 1/4in with Brush)

Additional Features:
Cruciform Style Blade

Blade Length Range:
3-5 in

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Is there anything y’all can tell me that might help me over there?

Based on your propensity to speak your mind, maybe a gag? grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My ancestors came from England early in American History. I had good health and kind of took it for granted thinking I'd get a passport and travel "someday". I got a back injury 11 years ago. I can travel a few hours in my truck but that's it. You could not pay me to get on a plane.

I got into Ham radio as a kind of arm chair travel. I look for the type of informal conversation you might find in a local pub or someone's back porch. The UK Canada New Zealand and Australia are the Countries I'm most likely to find an enjoyable conversation.

My wife and I both got licensed shortly after I hurt my back. The first interesting DX (distant) contact we made was with a couple in their off grid cabin in Northern Ontario. They were running low power because they had limited battery reserves. The propagation held up well and we visited with them for a few hours.

It was deep Winter they had just had a moose in their yard and they were frying up the perch they had caught that day ice fishing. Their plan was to tow their ice shelter out over deep water the next day and try for lake trout. It felt like we were sitting right there with them smelling the fish fry.

Please do let us know how the trip goes. I'm thinking you will do fine and your daughter will be proud of her "redneck" dad.

Please don't feed the trolls!
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Is there anything y’all can tell me that might help me over there?

Based on your propensity to speak your mind, maybe a gag? grin

Lol

IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Look smart and feel secure anywhere with our personal grooming aid, the Cold Steel Honey Comb. Precision manufactured at great expense, it has the innocuous appearance of a simple hairbrush, but the fully functional brush also acts as a sheath that conceals an effective stiletto! Rather than use metal, the Honey Comb has been injection molded from Zy-Ex a tough, stiff nylon and fiberglass composite. We believe the Honey Comb is the all-around answer to personal defense at home, at work or overseas. As a hairbrush, it's particularly appropriate in glove compartments, luggage, a backpack, or a woman's handbag, and its unassuming appearance won't turn heads or draw unwanted attention.

*Sales Disclaimer: If you are not sure about the legality of any item for sale on our website, you MUST contact your local District Attorney's Office and ask them if you can carry or own suspected items in your state. Many states allow you to own suspected items but not carry them. Suspected items are not to be used as weapons or to cause bodily harm or damage to personal property in any way. It's YOUR responsibility to know the law before you order. It's the responsibility of the buyer, NOT THE SELLER, to ascertain, and obey, all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws in regard to the possession and use of any item on this site - we cannot possibly keep track of over 40,000 weapons control laws. All equipment is sold subject to public law 90-351, title III, U.S.D., Section 2511, and any local, state, or federal ordinances. Also, any attempt at entrapment by any law enforcement agency will be met with swift legal action. Cold Steel Inc. will not be held liable for the misuse of any product listed on this website. For International Orders, please check with your local county and country officials or law enforcement to see if legal in your area, it is YOUR responsibility to know your laws before ordering. By purchasing any item from our site - the buyer warrants compliance with all local, state, federal, and international laws, and that the buyer is legally able to purchase such items from our website or catalog. Cold Steel Inc. disclaims any and all liability related to improper, illegal, unintended use or modification of weapons sold through our website or catalog. The purchaser, user, or participant assumes all risk of injury from any use. *NOT legal or available in all states or countries. Please check your local legalities before ordering. Cold Steel is not responsible for confiscated, incomplete or undelivered orders. This item is not able to be shipped to California. This item ships from our Arizona Warehouse.

Weight:
2.2oz

Blade Thickness:
1/2in

Blade Length:
3-5/8in

Handle Length/Material:
4 1/4in Long Zy-Ex

Overall Length:

Additional Features:
Cruciform Style Blade

Blade Length Range:
3-5 in

I need to get one of those for my daughter!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by stxhunter

Weight:
2.2oz

Blade Thickness:
1/2in

Blade Length:
3-5/8in

Handle Length/Material:
4 1/4in Long Zy-Ex

Overall Length:

Additional Features:
Cruciform Style Blade

Blade Length Range:
3-5 in
Ya, that's what I would do. Get on Scotland Yard's radar the second I get off of the airplane... 😁😅😅🤣🤣🤣

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Flying out tomorrow friends. I’ll send pictures if my phone works.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Have fun....fish and chips 🤘🏻

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by hardway
Have fun....fish and chips 🤘🏻

Thanks hardway

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've been there 2 times, but it was in the late 90s. Things are different now, I imagine. I found that when you get away from big tourist areas, people are very nice. I love history, and there is plenty of that no matter where you go. The best food in I had on my trips was in Ireland. I didn't have a bad meal anyplace in the Republic, even in hole-in-the-wall pubs.

Last edited by reivertom; 04/27/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Stratford-upon-Avon is where we’re going.
Northern part of the Cotswolds area and not a large town. They are accustomed (and friendly) to lots of tourists and folks from outside the UK. Very unlikely that anyone is going to get in your face - unless you prompt it.

Relax and enjoy yourself and have fun helping your daughter get settled - actually that place is a very civil situation and should be no big challenges. Your daughter's idea to you is good - she is the one who will be working/living there.

Have a great trip.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
5 bucks says he buys a beret.

Happy travels!

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Well we made it. So far so good. Most people have been helpful and nice. There have been a couple of people who wouldn’t even talk to me when I spoke to them. Then my daughter told me that they probably don’t understand what I’m saying. Even though they speak English, I can’t always understand what they’re saying. I brought a bunch of quarters from home to give to kids. The kids I gave them to smiled a lot. I included a picture of Shakespeare’s birthplace.

free image upload

E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Morewood
5 bucks says he buys a beret.

Happy travels!

Lol! No beret for me!

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (10Glocks, 1234, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 49 invisible), 2,400 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,585
Posts18,511,067
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.