Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
The choke hold used is one of the first martial arts techniques Marines are taught in boot camp. When correctly applied it can incapacitate in just a few seconds and kill in just a few seconds more. That said, circumstances leading up to the action should dictate the outcome. The Marine was just trying to be a Good Samaritan and protect innocent people from a crazed felon. If the DA in NYC would prosecute these people and allow them to be held accountable the crazy bastard would probably still be alive.
Spot on

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by bluefish
I don't think this is a hard case based upon info I have seen which may not be all the info out there. However, generally speaking deadly force is justified where a person fears for imminent great bodily injury or death to himself or others around him. That is why if someone is pointing a gun at you or others you might have grounds to fire in return. If the homeless man did behave in a way that rose to the basic standard then perhaps fine. However, if not and the Marine negligently caused his death then whoopsie, the Marine seems to be in legal peril. You don't get to kill someone without justification.

Yes. The Marine negligently caused his death. The dead guy was skinny and about 140 pounds. Three men to restrain him, one guy on each arm and one guy on the legs, they could have restrained him without the choke hold.
You are really dumb on this one or are you just a demonrat?

I don't remember you in my law school classes. Perhaps you were out shoveling manure? You seem pretty good at it this morning.

The way life should be.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I don't think this is a hard case based upon info I have seen which may not be all the info out there. However, generally speaking deadly force is justified where a person fears for imminent great bodily injury or death to himself or others around him. That is why if someone is pointing a gun at you or others you might have grounds to fire in return. If the homeless man did behave in a way that rose to the basic standard then perhaps fine. However, if not and the Marine negligently caused his death then whoopsie, the Marine seems to be in legal peril. You don't get to kill someone without justification.

Yes. The Marine negligently caused his death. The dead guy was skinny and about 140 pounds. Three men to restrain him, one guy on each arm and one guy on the legs, they could have restrained him without the choke hold.
You are really dumb on this one or are you just a demonrat?

I don't remember you in my law school classes. Perhaps you were out shoveling manure? You seem pretty good at it this morning.
In your "law school" classes, did they go over the right to defends one self or someone elses? Man, we are fugged with clowns like this dictating our laws. Yup, let all the criminals beat, threaten and rob whoever the hell they want

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by TBREW401
The fact that he is a Marine will be used against him

I'm a Marine, why would that hurt me in a courtroom?

I don't think it would. Marines are not trained to kill the mentally-ill homeless. They are not trained to deal with them on subways either. No more than any one of the rest of us.

It's just an interesting detail about the guy, and that's what sells stories.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It’s the deadly weapon argument the prosecution will use. As to the manure shoveler yeah, in law school one learns in crim pro the standard under which deadly force may be deployed against another person. Read the words pal. It’s not hard to understand; imminent threat of great bodily injury or death to self or other. If the victim displayed such behavior it should be an open and shut case right? Certainly you have no issue with the philosophy and rationale underlying the law do you?

The way life should be.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s the deadly weapon argument the prosecution will use. As to the manure shoveler yeah, in law school one learns in crim pro the standard under which deadly force may be deployed against another person. Read the words pal. It’s not hard to understand; imminent threat of great bodily injury or death to self or other. If the victim displayed such behavior it should be an open and shut case right? Certainly you have no issue with the philosophy and rationale underlying the law do you?
Did you see videos or hear the witnesses? He was threatening people on the subway. Has a history of violence, long history. Does this not allow one to defend themselves?

Last edited by gunchamp; 05/13/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And with the help of a blackman, he put the dude to sleep and then placed him in the recovery position. That sounds like someone who was trying to kill him? Look at facts, not internet emotions

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I still haven't seen an autopsy report. What drugs were in his system? What was his cause of death?

"Full time night woman? I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart. I packed me a squaw for ten year, Pilgrim. Cheyenne, she were, and the meanest bitch that ever balled for beads."
G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Watch for the toxicology report. My bet is the deceased was full of something bad. Ever try to control someone with ill intent that is high on drugs....it's not easy.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek
Comparing those two cases is like comparing apples to feces. It appears that this guy probably not be charged.
The jogger in GA wasn’t out committing home invasion he was an aspiring architect LOL.

The jogger in NYC wasn’t a dangerous menace trying to intimidate the public into giving him money and fresh out of prison with over 40 prior arrest and having recently beat an elderly woman. He was a happy go lucky street performer spreading smiles.

Both cases were nice innocent black men attacked by evil racist white men over the color of their skin… the media told me so.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone with over 40 arrests should not be on public transportation threatening passengers. Should be in jail.
What bothers me most is the people of NY protesting his death. I guess they like being assaulted on the subway.
I knew democrats were dumb but this is a new high. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by drop_point
I still haven't seen an autopsy report. What drugs were in his system? What was his cause of death?
Almost a guaratee drugs were involved. Cant let that info out though. Wouldnt help crucify that hero marine who stood up to the evil that exists because of one party

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gluck
Watch for the toxicology report. My bet is the deceased was full of something bad. Ever try to control someone with ill intent that is high on drugs....it's not easy.
#saintgeorge

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Someone with over 40 arrests should not be on public transportation threatening passengers. Should be in jail.
What bothers me most is the people of NY protesting his death. I guess they like being assaulted on the subway.
Thats exactly why ive been saying, the city chits get what they deserve. They vote for this madness. They can have all of it

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
The choke hold used is one of the first martial arts techniques Marines are taught in boot camp. When correctly applied it can incapacitate in just a few seconds and kill in just a few seconds more. That said, circumstances leading up to the action should dictate the outcome. The Marine was just trying to be a Good Samaritan and protect innocent people from a crazed felon. If the DA in NYC would prosecute these people and allow them to be held accountable the crazy bastard would probably still be alive.

The chokehold kills within seconds? Seconds?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hasbeen1945
Thats exactly why ive been saying, the city chits get what they deserve. They vote for this madness. They can have all of it
I mostly agree other than that the cities get most of the US Representatives, most of votes ect; and gradually take this country over from the inside out.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If the guy don't tap out, keep going.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Did you see videos or hear the witnesses? He was threatening people on the subway. Has a history of violence, long history. Does this not allow one to defend themselves?
The groid let his mouth override his a$$ one too many times, the Marine took out the garbage that no one else had the balls to deal with. Not Guilty, 🖕 the prosecutor...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks to me that citizens have a choice. It’s going to cost taxpayers one way or another.
Mental health asylums
More prisons
Lest favorite choice is to allow the criminals to rob, assault and murder innocent people. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My bet is that the Marine is screwed. He will most likely get convicted and serve time, given the circumstances and location. Even if he wins in court it is going to cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars in attorney and legal fees. It is a lose - lose situation.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (1Longbow, 10ring1, 1234, 257wthbylover, 1minute, 67 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,125
Posts18,502,439
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.