Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Wow, what a rattletrap! Can’t stand this. Do I have it misadjusted somehow? Or do they all do this?

HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Take a deep breath and slow your roll. Hint.

Cite ALL particulars: stock,receiver,contour,chambering(s) and mag(s) used. Pics never don't not help. Hint.

Grab these frames and replicate with your platform and The Cure is seconds away. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

This schit is EASY,if you allow it to be. Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
As pic shows, put a round in it and insert.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The view from the stern,will grant a gawk to feed/function functionality and rattletitude. Hint.

I'm thinking that mag wasn't packaged,as configured. Hint...............(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Hawkins Hunter DBM is made with a fair bit of "slop"...more than any other M5 bm I've used. So much so that their AICS flush fit .223 mags will work ONLY with Hawkins Hunter DBM...which I was a little pissed about when I found out. At least I had a couple of their DBM's I could switch around.

At any rate, the rattle from that slop disappears when there is a round in the mag to provide a bit of upward pressure.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I set my DBM's up POSITIVE and more than a few of my pards,cuss same. Rattlin' don't interest me,other than on purpose and POSITIVE retention,precludes a mag being kicked out on accident. My schit is silent and tight,less a single round being in the mag proper. Hint.

The "flukes" are none. Hint..............(grin)

S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
It’s better with a round in the mag, but still rattles some. More than it should. I don’t want it rattling at all.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/10/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Simply cite the above particulars and cut to the fhuqking chase. Hint...............

S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Impact NBK. TS Customs stock. Hawkins hunter DBM with Hawkins mag. 6.5 Creed.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/10/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pics,as above. Hint............

IC B3

S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I don’t/can’t do pics on this archaic site. No big, I’ll call Hawkins on Monday.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ll play…

Function is fine, but mags are pretty sloppy in my Hawkins. APA is snug.

MCMillan Classic, Bart #3, .22 Creed, Accurate mags.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Edit to add: mine is fine while loaded, so I don’t sweat it. Might help others out though.

Last edited by Holston; 06/10/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Can't see where the bolt's nose,is riding in relation to the casehead,but the geometry pictured makes me think pretty low. I want the bottom of the nose,scooping at least primer deep on the initial strip. Hint.

On your's,a simple mag latch extension,will get you there. I've welded 'em and fabbed new both. This assuming your DBM is flush with the stock line. I'm happy to bed a receiver deeper in the inlet too,but your's doesn't look that bad up top. I'm happiest,when the mag is physicaly pinned/captured to the receiver bottom.Hint..................

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

100% feed and function, so far.

Bumped the R26 .5 grains and shot a group today. I’ll load the lot and call this one good.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I like my caseheads riding higher. With the mag full and bolt closed,how much can you leverage the magazine,towards the receiver's underside? Hint.

I hear good thangs. Hint...............(grin)

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Holston

Bumped the R26 .5 grains and shot a group today. I’ll load the lot and call this one good.

Looks familiar!! 😁

Originally Posted by jackmountain
I’m not an organ donor. I don’t believe in an afterlife, but I’d rather cover my bases in case there is and I need everything. You just never know.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ridin' tall and impossible to rattle,with lips touching receiver. Hint.

Just sayin'.................(grin)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Shooter71
Originally Posted by Holston

Looks familiar!! 😁

It should.

Probably the most consistent rifle I’ve owned.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
I don’t/can’t do pics on this archaic site. No big, I’ll call Hawkins on Monday.

Mine rattle too (Hawkins Flush Hunter mags). Fill the mag, no mo' rattle - at least in/on my rifles.

WWP53D
S
SDHNTR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
I get that, put bullets in it, but it still bothers me. I own dozens of rifles. None of them rattle. Ever. Imo, nothing on a rifle should rattle. To me, rattling means worn or poorly made, sloppy parts. Am I wrong here? I find it hard to believe that a company known for quality like Hawkins produces parts that knowingly rattle. Guess I’m in the minority as most seem to find it acceptable.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/11/23.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (6MMWASP, BB3, ar33c9, 7mm_Loco, 10Glocks, anothergun, 6 invisible), 1,335 guests, and 685 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,519
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.