Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I doubt if the perfect movie has ever been made.

This one comes close. And, save Graham Greene, not an actor/actress in it that I ever heard of before I saw it.

Think tonight was likely my 5th time watching it. I don't care about anyone connected with it, their politics or whatever. It is a well crafted film

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
What made it come close to being the perfect movie?

I thought it was a decent film and certainly worth watching once, but was not anything memorable.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by johnw

This one comes close. And, save Graham Greene, not an actor/actress in it that I ever heard of before I saw it.

Think tonight was likely my 5th time watching it. I don't care about anyone connected with it, their politics or whatever. It is a well crafted film

So white males are raping and killing Native women on reservations now all across the US? How do you know this to be true?

I guess if you never stepped on an Indian Rez out west you would believe anything Hollywood put out

Ok movie but a lot of nonsense propaganda

Last edited by ribka; 06/12/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please run all movie reviews by ribka before posting.
He is an expert on everything and will be happy set you straight.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
It's a movie Ribka.

It would have been a fun night at the drive in, with you in the car when we saw Jaws...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I particularly enjoyed Jeremy Renner's .45-70 blowing people all the way across the trailer.

It is up again on Netflix or Prime right now. I forget which.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by local_dirt
I particularly enjoyed Jeremy Renner's .45-70 blowing people all the way across the trailer.

It is up again on Netflix or Prime right now. I forget which.

Yep. Any movie with a 45-70 is going to be a good one. You Yellerstone fans should enjoy it. Taylor Sheridan was the director.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You have to see “Once Upon A Time In Hollywood” it is better, but Wind River did make me appreciate Jeremy Renner a whole lot more…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I thought is was a really good movie...

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by ribka

So white males are raping and killing Native women on reservations now all across the US? How do you know this to be true?

I guess if you never stepped on an Indian Rez out west you would believe anything Hollywood put out

In my experience investigating crimes that spill off the rez, it’s other natives (quite often family members of tribal councils if not the council members themselves) that do some messed up stuff to the females.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It's a movie Ribka.

It would have been a fun night at the drive in, with you in the car when we saw Jaws...

Jaws was based on an actual well documented historic incident that interested Spielberg. unlike this movie

Did you end up getting rid of your old dog because it was inconvenient? You said you were

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
No Kidding. I’ve worked on rezs and that has always been the case in missing females Of course rampant meth crack and heroin addiction on western reservations has no impact on violent crimes, I grew up playing on a Chippewa Rez

Originally Posted by Gooch_McGrundle
Originally Posted by ribka

In my experience investigating crimes that spill off the rez, it’s other natives (quite often family members of tribal councils if not the council members themselves) that do some messed up stuff to the females.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Please run all movie reviews by ribka before posting.
He is an expert on everything and will be happy set you straight.

White male oilfield workers are responsible for missing , raping native women on western Indian reservations. That’s what this movie portrayed

I worked this 8 years https://www.thevanished.org/

Can you post some evidence of this

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wind River is also one of the few movies with a reloading scene

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Wind River is good, but if you want to see an even better Taylor Sheridan flick watch "Hell or High Water" or "Sicario"...

Last edited by Ramdiesel; 06/12/23.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
It's a movie Ribka.

You posted earlier on here that you had an older friendly dog and wanted to
Kill it because of a divorce and inconvenience

I have a hard time taking you seriously because of this. Dislike cowards who abuse dogs

How’s your dog now?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The movie sucks..............

Fake-ass holywood BS

oh but there's uh 45-70
ohh an there's hot chick
yeah anna snowmobile

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I remember now your dog was a nice beagle

Did you end up killing it? You said you wanted to

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I enjoyed it. Some PC crap as is everything. Technically it was contracted security that raped the young lady. Some good shootouts, rugged men, nice scenery, and Mary Kate and Ashley’s sister did a great job. Jeremy Renner was great as usual even if he over trimmed his brass. Reasonable coverage of addiction on the Rez. Some familiar faces from Taylor Sheridan.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've watched it twice now and will see it a third time at some point. I do remember thinking he was over trimming his 45-70 brass though grin

Please don't feed the trolls!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (7mm_Loco, 264mag, 280Ackleyrized, 300_savage, 15 invisible), 1,775 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,060
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.