Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Owl Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
How many of you follow Clark McGhie ? Thoughts ?

Last edited by Owl; 06/11/23.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Never heard of it!

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Owl
Perhaps elaborate...what particular issues etc?

Owl Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://www.youtube.com/@ClarkMcGhiesWildCountry

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never heard of him before this thread was posted.

IC B2

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
didn't he kark it?

Owl Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
[video:yahoo]
[/video]

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I hadn't heard of him before either.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
a legend of his own making...

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I am sure after watching some of his videos that he has done far more hunting and guiding and knows infinitely more about hunting than any of those on this thread who come from the same country, yet don't know him or say he's a legend of his own making.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have vague recollections of the name, the thing you may be missing is that Australians don't really "follow" (if that is the word) sites/presenters/themes like Americans seem to.

Most of us just tend to poke along and do our own thing in our own time, probably a failing...but there it is.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Riflehunter
I am sure after watching some of his videos that he has done far more hunting and guiding and knows infinitely more about hunting than any of those on this thread who come from the same country, yet don't know him or say he's a legend of his own making.

There's not a whole lot compelling about what he does or knows, that isn't already done or known. The thing is that he makes a business out of it so has to go for the high profile approach. Doesn't seem to be working all that well at a local level.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Owl

He's been around for years and is well known, especially in the Red Deer hunting fraternity because of his involvement in the RIDGE group. ( https://www.theridgegroup.net/ ) I dont know him personally, although I know a few people that have hunted with him over the years. From what I'm told his knows his stuff, especially when it comes to Red Deer.

Last edited by dingo; 06/15/23.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I haven't heard anything about him for years, but I have heard of him. A mate of mine hunted red deer with him years ago - maybe 20 or more - and IIRC seemed to think he was a knowledgeable bloke when it came to red deer hunting. I'm aware of the RIDGE group too, though when I've hunted red deer it wasn't with them. That isn't any sort of implied criticism of either McGhie or RIDGE either.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JSTUART
the thing you may be missing is that Australians don't really "follow" (if that is the word) sites/presenters/themes like Americans seem to.
Most of us just tend to poke along and do our own thing in our own time, probably a failing...but there it is.

True that, at least in relation to hunting and shooting. There'd be very few here who have a "following" I think. Maybe old Nick Harvey.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by dan_oz
True that, at least in relation to hunting and shooting. There'd be very few here who have a "following" I think. Maybe old Nick Harvey.

Nicks an interesting old reprobate, and easy to deal with.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by dan_oz

Nicks an interesting old reprobate, and easy to deal with.

Yes, he is that. He'd have to be well into his 80s now though, maybe even pushing 90. I first met him 40-odd years ago.I was working for Heimo Petzl, the gunsmith, and Nick was a mate of Heimo's and would come into the shop. I remember fireforming a batch of brass for him, shooting the rounds into the back of the bullet trap at the back of the shop. I've spoken with him once or twice since, and have several of his books, a couple of which he was gracious enough to sign for me.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (16penny, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 58 invisible), 2,423 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,633
Posts18,474,383
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.