Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey Everyone!

We are working on a little project over here at Athlon Optics and I was hoping to get some help from all of you.

We are assembling a collection of links to reviews that have been published on Athlon products (Video, Written, etc.).

If you come across a review, please post a link here. It would be greatly appreciated!

Here's one I just found on the HERAS SPR 6-24X56 (to get us started) - https://industryoutsider.com/athlon-heras-spr-6-24x56-aplr9-ffp-ir-moa-review/

Thank you

Last edited by Athlon_Optics; 06/16/23.
GB1

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
MidwayUSA is usually a great site to find reviews. However there are no reviews posted there for any Athlon products.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/athlon-helos-btr-gen2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289757/

Here is an actual review where things on a scope that actually matter were tested.

100% Public land DIY!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Reviews that attest to only the optical features and glass qualities consist of 99% of reviews and are only minimally useful. Give us something that matters. I’m not saying the Link above and the drop tests there are the be all, end all, but show me some reviews that actually test the mechanical integrity of the scope and it’s ability to hold zero!

Athlon guy, serious question for you…. What kind of impact and reliability testing gets done to your scopes at the factory? As part of R and D? I’m not talking about recoil testing, that should be a given since it’s going on a gun for goodness sakes, what other kinds of reliability testing is performed? Tough scopes give me the warm fuzzies.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Hey Everyone!

We are working on a little project over here at Athlon Optics and I was hoping to get some help from all of you.

We are assembling a collection of links to reviews that have been published on Athlon products (Video, Written, etc.).

If you come across a review, please post a link here. It would be greatly appreciated!

Here's one I just found on the HERAS SPR 6-24X56 (to get us started) - https://industryoutsider.com/athlon-heras-spr-6-24x56-aplr9-ffp-ir-moa-review/

Thank you

With respect sir, there is VERY little in that “review” that is useful to any serious hunter or shooter. Most of what the reviewer did was simply regurgitate factory features. The only attestation of function was about the tracking, which was brief and extremely limited because it’s discussing air gun ranges, which is a limited market that lacks relevance to most hunters and shooters. There’s not much of material value in that review. Most of it could just be read off the product website or owners manual.

Put 2000-3000 rounds through a scope, beat on it, drop it, freeze it then heat it, sandblast it, come on. Give it a real testing. Give us confidence and we’ll buy. The days of “this scope has great glass for the money” aren’t enough to sell scopes anymore.

And I commend you greatly for having the stones to come here and ask these questions. Most manufacturers don’t and simply continue to market to the uninformed.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/16/23.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not a review from elsewhere but I'll review one right now.

Athlon Argos 2-12.

Clear, lightweight, and the adjustments spot on. The large FOV on the bottom end and the ability to go to 12x on the top end are two of the things that drew me to this scope.

I'm basically a coyote hunter/predator caller. Most of my shots are under 100 yards in heavier cover so the large FOV is a plus for quick target acquisition and tracking a moving coyote through the brush. There are occasions where one will hang up out there a ways and the ability to turn the power up to 12x is a real plus. With the BDC type reticle I can hold on fur to 300 yards with the 20 Practical and 40gr NBT's and the dots will take me to 500 yards if ever needed. My only complaint would be is I would love to see a dot at the unction of the crosshairs the same size as the yardage dot and the yardage dots slightly smaller. It would draw your eye in quicker for the close in work and give a little more precision for longer ranges.

20 Practical
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Another on a 6x45mm
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Last edited by erich; 06/16/23.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bater
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/athlon-helos-btr-gen2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289757/

Here is an actual review where things on a scope that actually matter were tested.

Ouch!

Sean
M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M

😂😂😂

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Motown

😂😂😂
I think that post scared him off forever. Of course, if he were hopefully even only halfway paying attention he would have already known of its existence.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/16/23.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Agreed

100% Public land DIY!
IC B3

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
Reviews that attest to only the optical features and glass qualities consist of 99% of reviews and are only minimally useful. Give us something that matters. I’m not saying the Link above and the drop tests there are the be all, end all, but show me some reviews that actually test the mechanical integrity of the scope and it’s ability to hold zero!

Athlon guy, serious question for you…. What kind of impact and reliability testing gets done to your scopes at the factory? As part of R and D? I’m not talking about recoil testing, that should be a given since it’s going on a gun for goodness sakes, what other kinds of reliability testing is performed? Tough scopes give me the warm fuzzies.

We are definitely on the same page when it comes to the importance of conducting impact testing, resilience, and return-to-zero capabilities.

Pretty much everyone in our office hunts (and/or) shoots competitively (and/or) has served in law enforcement or the military (myself included).

We all use the products we make because they work and because they stand up to the tasks we put them through.

We have a lifetime warranty on all of our products because stuff happens. We do not, however, use that warranty as a backstop for poor Quality Control.

Numerous tests are conducted on our optics before they ever leave the manufacturer.

We also have a QC lab at our headquarters in Olathe, KS that includes a recoil machine and multiple collimators.

We also conduct the Nightforce test (
) on various products multiple times every week. The only qualifier I would add is that instead of slamming our scopes on a metal surface, we slam them on a wood surface.

As a 3GUN competitor, I am pretty hard on my equipment (lots of throwing guns into barrels) and I have never had a single issue with any of my Athlon Optics or mounts.

I hope that helps.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B

We are definitely on the same page when it comes to the importance of conducting impact testing, resilience, and return-to-zero capabilities.

Pretty much everyone in our office hunts (and/or) shoots competitively (and/or) has served in law enforcement or the military (myself included).

We all use the products we make because they work and because they stand up to the tasks we put them through.

We have a lifetime warranty on all of our products because stuff happens. We do not, however, use that warranty as a backstop for poor Quality Control.

Numerous tests are conducted on our optics before they ever leave the manufacturer.

We also have a QC lab at our headquarters in Olathe, KS that includes a recoil machine and multiple collimators.

) on various products multiple times every week. The only qualifier I would add is that instead of slamming our scopes on a metal surface, we slam them on a wood surface.

As a 3GUN competitor, I am pretty hard on my equipment (lots of throwing guns into barrels) and I have never had a single issue with any of my Athlon Optics or mounts.

I hope that helps.

Welcome to the fire.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Isn't this the scope company that Big Stick has been raving about in the other Anthlon forum ?? I get the feeling that guy could break an anvil. Stick is a difficult individual to like but the guy is a walking "let's see if we can break it" laboratory. It would be nice to see them made somewhere other than China but one step at a time. If China can make a scope this good, what else can they make that beats anything coming out of the USA ? Going to war with those guys is not going to go well for America should that day happen.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Here is a link to a review that was posted a few days ago. It includes some drop test, impact, and return-to-zero results.

https://americangunfacts.com/athlon-heras-spr-4-20x50-sfp-scope-review/

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Stick will let us know soon I imagine

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hanco
Stick will let us know soon I imagine
You can bet he is not going to let us down. I'm all atwitter in anticipation.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I hope that helps.
I’m glad to hear this. Good response!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I haven't read all the comments and I'm not going to but I'll offer up my 2 cents worth.

I knew nothing about Athlon until a few weeks ago. I needed a scope with a 1" tube and MOA elevation turret with at least 20x. A quick trip to the gunshop and a few minutes later I was in possession of an Athlon Heras SPR and had it on top of my cz452 American. Again. Idk where in the lineup this optic fits. What I do know is that it's surprisingly clear, turrets are audible and positive, parallax Adj is spot on, the reticle is just superb for what I do with a rim fire.
But the best part? The tracking. I've been using it for 2 weeks now. That's a very short amount of time I know and only time will tell how it holds up...... But for right now it's been spot on. It returns to zero every time so far, and making hits on small targets at range is cake.

Would absolutely purchase again.

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Imagine a scope that loses it’s zero from simply riding in a back of a truck. Laffin

I’ll stick to scopes that work.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Ky221
I haven't read all the comments and I'm not going to but I'll offer up my 2 cents worth.

I knew nothing about Athlon until a few weeks ago. I needed a scope with a 1" tube and MOA elevation turret with at least 20x. A quick trip to the gunshop and a few minutes later I was in possession of an Athlon Heras SPR and had it on top of my cz452 American. Again. Idk where in the lineup this optic fits. What I do know is that it's surprisingly clear, turrets are audible and positive, parallax Adj is spot on, the reticle is just superb for what I do with a rim fire.
But the best part? The tracking. I've been using it for 2 weeks now. That's a very short amount of time I know and only time will tell how it holds up...... But for right now it's been spot on. It returns to zero every time so far, and making hits on small targets at range is cake.

Would absolutely purchase again.

Thanks for the positive feedback! I hope you continue to enjoy your newest addition smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 163bc, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 76 invisible), 2,514 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,962
Posts18,480,582
Members73,957
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.