Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bathe at church! Tried it once. Haven't allowed Open Baptism's since

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ihookem
Originally Posted by JamesJr
[quote=antlers]Nowhere in the New Testament are Jesus’ followers commanded to give one tenth of their annual produce or earnings.

Christians should take the whole Bible into consideration, not just the New Testament. Jesus said so Himself.

We are certainly under the law
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by shrapnel
So, there is no value in reading or paying any attention to the Old Testament? An explanation of why or why not would be in order…
Yes, for inspiration and motivation, but not for application. Jesus’ followers are not under the Law of Moses. Period.

We are certainly not under the mosaic law... if you think you are, like I said, you better start sacrificing some animals... and going to church on Saturday.... FWIW, Jesus repeated and told us to follow 9 of the 10 commandments.. He omitted keeping the sabbath... thus another reason we do not worship on Saturdays and we worship on Sunday (the day Jesus was raised from the dead...)

So do you worship on Saturday or Sunday? because if it is Sunday, you do not keep the law

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
We did for a long time, but don’t any more since they allow gay pastors in the Methodist church. Do you

My girl brought home a 17 page Contract to be a Member of a local Christian Church she wished to begin attending. Yes there was a section on "Compulsory Tithing" reading the boiler plate reminded me of IRS' section on compelled compliance.

There is no more personal relationship than the one between a man and his God. Who invited the Lawyers?

America is (supposed to be) a Republic, NOT a democracy. Learn the difference, help end the lie. Fear a government that fears your guns.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Every one has 100% right to their individual opinion, that said, mocking God is very disrespectful to me. God is not to be mocked, read the Bible and you will find the scripture.
The man asked a simple question, embarrassing to see what is to me a very special event turned into whatever you want to call some of the responses. Everyone certainly has the right to say and do what they want to do, I’ve lost my cool on this site and showed my butt.
I’m so thankful I didn’t reject Religion, many times and many years I did what I wanted to do regardless of other people, but openly chastising those who believe and walk the walk never that I can remember.
If I can tell you about my Jesus, i would really like to tell you what I have personally experienced. Private message me and I’ll give you my phone number to call, this open forum is not the place for my story.
Sincerely
John - a believer in God my Father through his son Jesus Christ

RAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One man's mocking is another man's........

Show a little tolerance brother. Its all perspective.

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Sharecropper
Every one has 100% right to their individual opinion, that said, mocking God is very disrespectful to me. God is not to be mocked, read the Bible and you will find the scripture.
The man asked a simple question, embarrassing to see what is to me a very special event turned into whatever you want to call some of the responses. Everyone certainly has the right to say and do what they want to do, I’ve lost my cool on this site and showed my butt.
I’m so thankful I didn’t reject Religion, many times and many years I did what I wanted to do regardless of other people, but openly chastising those who believe and walk the walk never that I can remember.
If I can tell you about my Jesus, i would really like to tell you what I have personally experienced. Private message me and I’ll give you my phone number to call, this open forum is not the place for my story.
Sincerely
John - a believer in God my Father through his son Jesus Christ
A public forum is the perfect place to talk about your Jesus.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I'm sorry, but Catholicism is all show. They practice and do so much shìt that's found literally nowhere in the Bible. The only intermediary to God is Jesus, not a pope, priest, etc.. Where did hail marys, praying to saints and all that come from? Especially when the Bible says to not pray to the dead.

S
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
S
Of course, nothing is settled. There are almost as many opinions as there are religions, each one finding fault with the other…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Mormons.........ready, set, go!

Hasn't been a good religion bashing thread in at least three weeks.

LOL, to quote Jim Conrad on the LDS, "They'll tolerate a certain amount of rascalry if that tithe check don't bounce!"

Eagles may soar, but a weasel never got sucked into a jet turbine!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
yeah but becoming less and less motivated to do so.

IC B3

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BeardedGunsmith
I'm sorry, but Catholicism is all show. They practice and do so much shìt that's found literally nowhere in the Bible. The only intermediary to God is Jesus, not a pope, priest, etc.. Where did hail marys, praying to saints and all that come from? Especially when the Bible says to not pray to the dead.

Yet it is written, "thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Yes. I've tithed since 1998

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by hanco
We did for a long time, but don’t any more since they allow gay pastors in the Methodist church. Do you
That’s why our church voted to disaffiliate

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by RAM
One man's mocking is another man's........

Show a little tolerance brother. Its all perspective.

Yup, it's called Grace. After all, It is God's Grace and His mercy that sees us in the Spirit, not the flesh. We are called specifically to NOT see each other in the flesh, but in the Spirit as God sees us.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sako
Paul warns anyone trying to live under both covenants that they then have to keep both which they cannot do... Paul gets so frustrated with them that he tells the ones teaching that they still have to be circumsised that they should go ahead and cut the whole thing off...
You would do well to leave Paul out of your study of Christianity. He injected himself into the church under very dubious circumstances.

Why not use John the Baptist and Jesus' teachings?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
The more I give, the more I make......funny how that works.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
E
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
You fellas ain’t given your money to Jesus Christ FYI

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When Jesus was gathered with His closest followers on their way to Caesarea Philippi, He inquired of them what the word on the street was about Him. They replied that some thought He was a reincarnated prophet and some thought He was John the Baptist brought back to life. Then He asked them specifically who they (His closest followers) thought He was, and Peter made his profound and declarative statement, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

And Jesus not only confirmed the truth and accuracy of Peter’s declaration, He also said that on the basis of that eloquent statement, that He’d build His ekklesia, His assembly, His movement. Peter’s profound and declarative statement was the rock that Jesus was referring to that He’d build His church on.

And He made it crystal clear to them that death would not overcome His ekklesia. Not His death, and not their deaths. Nothing was gonna stop His new movement. And it didn’t. And it hasn’t. And it won’t.

And some of those same closest followers of Jesus would document why His death was not the death of His movement. And the reason why Jesus’ death was not the death of His movement is because Jesus didn’t do what all other dead people do ~ He didn’t stay dead.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no. the tithe is an income tax invented by governments to fund the state church, such as the anglican church in great britain. the "tax" on which the "modern" tithe is based, is the Old Testament 10 percent share of agricultural production in ancient Hebrew society to make sure the priestly class (levites) had enough to eat. the priestly class raised herb gardens to tax themselves 10 percent of the crop to and meet the letter of the law. Yeshua Messiah never mentioned the "tithe" in the NT. yes, He did say, repeatedly, for believers to be generous, from the heart. there are many, many ways to give, including money.

abiding in Him,

><>fish30ought6<><
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I give freely of my talents limited as they are...

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (204guy, 12344mag, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 49 invisible), 2,384 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,428
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.