Hop To
Page 1 of 257 1 2 3 256 257
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I've been doing some form of intermittent fasting for nearly 3 years. This is a great video that goes into great depth on the proven benefits of following a time restricted diet even if weight loss isn't an issue.

Based on this information I am making some personal changes. This is only for those who want to maximize their health, not for those who are fine where they are.

GB1

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Fasting, Prayer, and Almsgiving are good for you.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
I have been IM Fasting for 3 years also. I have lost 80lbs. No problem keeping the weight off. I have a lot more energy and feel great. Its so much better than a diet. I don't count calories or weigh fat grams. I eat all the food I want. Its just good healthy food, no junk. The key is when you eat it.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Here is another good one to watch on intermittent fasting. Dr. Fung explains it pretty well.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve been doubling down for you, but I don’t gain weight, weigh the same I did in high school

IC B2

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by jc189
I have been IM Fasting for 3 years also. I have lost 80lbs. No problem keeping the weight off. I have a lot more energy and feel great. Its so much better than a diet. I don't count calories or weigh fat grams. I eat all the food I want. Its just good healthy food, no junk. The key is when you eat it.

It's a lot bigger deal than most anyone would realize. I've been doing it about like you. Two things I'm changing about mine though from the data provided. I'm extending my eating window to about 8 hours rather than the shorter amount I always shoot for and I'm going to be a lot stricter on the same time every day.

It seems that a shorter than 8 hour feeding window isn't easy to adhere to and causes more hunger which can lead to less success. Moving that window around can mess with circadian rhythm and basically make you feel jet lagged. Lots of very well peer reviewed material in that video. It's long but Professor Huberman is giving a classroom quality lecture.

I couldn't afford that kind of education when I was younger, but I so much enjoy the ability podcasts like this give us now. I mean I like to waste time as much as anyone, but this is very interesting and helpful for anyone at any health level. It's a way to basically get a tune up in hormones and all kinds of bodily processes beneficial to overall health and vitality.

Last edited by RHClark; 07/17/23.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by RHClark
Originally Posted by jc189

It's a lot bigger deal than most anyone would realize. I've been doing it about like you. Two things I'm changing about mine though from the data provided. I'm extending my eating window to about 8 hours rather than the shorter amount I always shoot for and I'm going to be a lot stricter on the same time every day.

That's exactly what I do. My eating window is 8 hours. I eat from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM and fast for 16 hours. It has worked great for me. Good luck.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by deflave

No. This one won't restrict what you eat, just when, and it will still make your sticker peck out stronger and longer.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
No. This one won't restrict what you eat, just when, and it will still make your sticker peck out stronger and longer.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Keto: < 20 g. Carbs/day.

- meat/foul/fish/eggs/cheese.
- fat/butter/olive oil/avocado.
- Cabbage/scallions/beet-greens.
- water/Community dark roast coffee.

6/18 hr. feast/fast/day.

Can fast up to Seven(7) days:
- on water/coffee/salt/chelated minerals.
- including full workouts and field work.
- lose ~ 3/4 lb./day.

GR

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Holy fugg dude how many threads do you have to make? If guys here want to take care of themselves they're going to. You don't have to keep posting (pushing) your views.

It's great that you became skinny after being a fat fugg but you can only lead a horse to water so many times.

Give it a rest.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Garandimal
[/align]

If the cartoon figures represent the results one can expect from intermittent fasting, why does Dr. Berg look like he has never lifted anything in his life?

This is similar to a video RH posted in one of his other weight loss / nutritional health threads. The guy was a pudgy boomer in front of a rack of pill bottles, dispensing diet advice. If they know what does what why are they in the shape they are in?

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42
Holy fugg dude how many threads do you have to make? If guys here want to take care of themselves they're going to. You don't have to keep posting (pushing) your views.

It's great that you became skinny after being a fat fugg but you can only lead a horse to water so many times.

Give it a rest.
Go easy fatty LOL

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Give it a rest.

Your sugar addiction/withdrawals... kind of makes you an [bleep].

Have a candy bar and ignore what's good for you.

GR

R
RHClark Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R

Give it a rest.

Like I'm diminishing the quality of posts here. LOL

If you don't like it don't post and it will soon be gone. Keep yapping and it moves to the top.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stickfight
[/align]

If the cartoon figures represent the results one can expect from intermittent fasting, why does Dr. Berg look like he has never lifted anything in his life?

This is similar to a video RH posted in one of his other weight loss / nutritional health threads. The guy was a pudgy boomer in front of a rack of pill bottles, dispensing diet advice. If they know what does what why are they in the shape they are in?

Did you watch this vid?

Or, are your opinions based on obfuscations, and judging books by their covers.

Pretty good vid.

GR

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 673

Give it a rest.
Go easy fatty LOL

Put your money where your trap is, bet I don't weigh as much as you.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Give it a rest.

Your sugar addiction/withdrawals... kind of makes you an [bleep].

Have a candy bar and ignore what's good for you.

GR

Don't eat candy bars or drink soda fat fugg. What now?

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S

Give it a rest.

Like I'm diminishing the quality of posts here. LOL

If you don't like it don't post and it will soon be gone. Keep yapping and it moves to the top.

No you are not diminishing the quality of post's here. Just pointing out that those who are paying attention already have. You're not helping anyone at this point.

Post all you want but IMO it's in vain.

Maybe you're being vain, maybe.

Page 1 of 257 1 2 3 256 257

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,484
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.