Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Filling a diaper, probably.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was downtown Taichung Taiwan telling the girls in the bar (Bamboo Club) about the guys walking on the moon!

Their comments : GI bullshit. Nebber Happen, !! GI "kitti paw" , crazy in Chinese! I think! laugh

There was no way they thought it was true---even after seeing it on TV

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sitting in our family’s little English row house living room. It was timed for prime time Eastern Time which was late at night GMT.

I dunno if people had color TVs in America yet but the footage didn’t look to much different from usual on our little BW telly 🙂

I vividly recall the weird slow-motion movements of the astronauts and “One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.”

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Spraying cotton at 120 mph! Age 29

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Filling a diaper, probably.
Probably doing this ⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️
Since I was 11 months old.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I was in Junior College and got in from a date with my girlfriend. Later, while an elementary school principal my guidance counselor summed up our task as educators in
Mississippi: “We got folks who think we never went to the moon; it was filmed in a back lot in Hollywood. Yet they think professional wrestling is real and we supposed to educate them “. This has stuck with me through the years as being so true.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was a junior set designer working on finish painting a black background for a Stanley Kubrick movie. We weren’t told what movie it was. It was a secret.

Just kidding. I was a little over a year old. Don’t remember what I was doing. When I went to the Smithsonian several years ago and saw the lunar module is when I started thinking it was a load of BS. Looks like it was made of bailing wire and tin foil. After watching the news on Covid I really stopped believing anything the gubermint was telling us. If you believe we really walked on the moon, more power to you. Strange we have never went back. Scientist have been to the far reaches of the planet many times and still go back to do more research. Why not the moon? Let the roasting begin.

A bowhunter at heart but a gun guy at soul. I'll take craftsmanship, wood and blue steel over plastic and composite any day.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where are the stars?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was also 16, more than likely on the back of a hay truck or on a tractor cutting more hay.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
3 months from being born.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I don't remember a whole lot about 1969 as I was only 7 years old but I do remember watching the moon landing at my grandparents house. I don't know if we went there specifically to watch it or if we just happened to be there when it was on. We didn't have a TV at home until I was 13 so most everything we saw on TV back then was at my grandparents.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 348winchester
I was a junior set designer working on finish painting a black background for a Stanley Kubrick movie. We weren’t told what movie it was. It was a secret.

Just kidding. I was a little over a year old. Don’t remember what I was doing. When I went to the Smithsonian several years ago and saw the lunar module is when I started thinking it was a load of BS. Looks like it was made of bailing wire and tin foil. After watching the news on Covid I really stopped believing anything the gubermint was telling us. If you believe we really walked on the moon, more power to you. Strange we have never went back. Scientist have been to the far reaches of the planet many times and still go back to do more research. Why not the moon? Let the roasting begin.

And professional wrestling is legit. crazy

BTW, we did go back. You're sure a history scholar.

Is that enough roasting? wink

https://www.history.com/news/us-moon-landings-apollo

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
It can't be done because of the Van Halen radiation belt.

[Linked Image from marvel-b1-cdn.bc0a.com]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It can't be done because of the Van Halen radiation belt.

[Linked Image from marvel-b1-cdn.bc0a.com]

ALIENS!!!
shocked eek

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was living in a tent at Chu Lai, RSVN.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"we landed on the moon in the 60's"

lolololol

MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They didn't traverse any asteroid belts. They did go beyond the Van Allen belt, however.

Adrenochrome is real.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Camping in Colorado on the cheap. VW, pup tent. Beach mattresses, sterno stove, like I said, cheap. Two young teachers.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I was in a film studio, working on a project for a government agency.

Big deal - hush-hush type of project.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Summer job of pipeline construction while in college.

Amazing how they got through that asteroid belt with the computers they had then, one tenth or less powerful as our cell phone computers now.

Not seeing how the moon rover stayed tied to the lunar module on the trip. It was way to big to get it through the hatch.

Strangely, when NASA was asked recently why there have been no more moon landings, an official said they had "lost the recipe". Hummm.

Define "cell phone computer" and identify which "asteroid belt" you're referring to please.....I just want to learn more about the moon landing conspiracy.

Thanks buddy.
Amazing what an ignoramus jag has turned out to be on anything even remotely connected to science. He's likely meaning to refer to the Van Allen radiation belt around the earth. They merely navigated the vessel through its weakest point.

I'd say you have no better idea what the Van Allen belt is that Jag does.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (222Sako, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 160user, 32 invisible), 1,713 guests, and 997 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,980
Posts18,499,594
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.