Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s not worth the trouble for liberals to move rural. The lack of internet, cell phone and TV alone means that I have to read books to try and identify new species… without the benefit of Google….no soy milk or hemp milk within a 2 hour drive and the closest vegetarian restaurant is hundreds of miles away.

Seriously stay away liberals…you’ll die a slow and painful death without the necessities the cities provide.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

MY GOD!!!

That's a glimpse into H E L L!!!!! shocked eek

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s
It, ain't for everybody;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

But, like everybody with a brain, we love it !

How do you stand it?

Are there real live wild animals out there...YIKES

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cheers Aces !!

I bet you do too !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
It’s not worth the trouble for liberals to move rural. The lack of internet, cell phone and TV alone means that I have to read books to try and identify new species… without the benefit of Google….no soy milk or hemp milk within a 2 hour drive and the closest vegetarian restaurant is hundreds of miles away.

Seriously stay away liberals…you’ll die a slow and painful death without the necessities the cities provide.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

MY GOD!!!

That's a glimpse into H E L L!!!!! shocked eek

Yeah, really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
New 2

I had to avert my eyes. The stress overwhelmed me.

Loved the smiles...

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wouldn't move in town much less a big urban area if the house was free, but after 30 years as a game warden I will have to admit there are a lot of crazies out here. Mostly white trash offspring living down dead end roads. We have our share of meth heads, alcoholics, child molesters. I was a rural mail carrier in the 1970s and I got to know there were a lot of neurotic old and middle-age women up and down the roads. A mail carrier back then knew everything about you.

These folks were a minority of the population but still a pretty fair number. I would think the same or worse would be the case of the urban poor.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I know that you guys know how traumatic rural living is and it’s probably part of why I like you guys. I was so bored setting up rifles earlier that I decided to clear my head instead of going “Country Crazy” so I shot 3 different rifles with 2 different loads over the chronograph for accurate dope cards. If I was in the city I could’ve just gone out for a gluten-free muffin and soy milk latte….😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We live in a very small town that's failed. The State has taken over the charter. Old sewer system is full of holes allowing storm water in and the taxes/fees can't cover the cost. Its rural for NC.....

I've had others tell me I'm not a well person. I don't give a chit what they think.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by luv2safari
How do you stand it?

Are there real live wild animals out there...YIKES

Ya, scary !!

Pretty, too !!

wink

Paul.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Rural Jefferson, has been a mecca for the 'get away from it all' folks since the mid 60's. There is of course, the full spectrum of 'types'. A lot of good people, but a lot more of folks who merely changed zip codes to enhance the scenery. They never really fit in, many are so smug and elitist, with the pile of money accumulated in the cities they don't want to fit in, and they are expert on every subject related to the construction of their new rural Ranchin' McMansion. I have done dirt work for many, roads, building pads, well sites, power rights of way, ponds and bridges. It's stressful. I want them to be happy with the results, but it's like a genetic trait, they have to ignore recommendations.
I built a guy a road, 10 yrs ago, I suggested a longer road with a switchback, and less than 6% for snow and ice...but he said I just wanted more dozer hours, and insisted on a steep short one. Well, his wife skidded off the road and broke her collarbone and wrecked the Subaru!!(of course)last winter. OK, but the gals down at the bar said he was telling everyone it wasn't her fault, it was that old bastard that built that steep road. You can't win with folks like that. Surprised he hasn't sued me.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B3

A
A
Originally Posted by ahmadus
I'm on the same page with the study findings – it's clear that living in a rural area can pose challenges for mental health support. Access to resources and assistance can be limited, which is a concern.
Everyone should have the chance to receive timely and effective support, especially in terms of free depression help. However, I also recognize that there are unique perks to rural living. The tranquility and natural beauty are undeniable pluses. Personally, I'm all about the urban hustle and bustle though! The fast pace, social activities, and overall comfort of city life are what I thrive on. To each their own, right?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Right! To each their own, which means pay for your own “free” depression help.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

227 members (270wsmnutt, 2500HD, 21, 160user, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 25 invisible), 12,282 guests, and 1,134 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,230
Posts18,544,077
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.