Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I’m starting a new job which is going to put me on my feet walking and standing way more than I do now. I don’t have any decent work shoes to use at the moment and am using my romeos. Anybody have any suggestions for a good comfortable shoe to wear in a work environment? I’ll be visiting various businesses from hair salons to heavy manufacturing facilities. No steel toe requirements but I’m fine with them if it’s a good shoe.

Brad
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Let’s Go Brandon
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
redwing pecos pull-ons.....

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Thorogood moc toes with the white wedge sole. I put on between 5 and 8 miles a shift on concrete and gravel, get two years out of a pair, comfortable as slippers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TheKid
Thorogood moc toes with the white wedge sole. I put on between 5 and 8 miles a shift on concrete and gravel, get two years out of a pair, comfortable as slippers.
I might try thorogoods this year. It's time for my annual boot allowance so we'll see if I can get a discount and get the price down somewhere less painful. I've been wearing Keens and Timberland Pro and have been happy with them, so I don't want to spend a ton more hoping I like them.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Don’t let the name fool you. Sturdy, comfortable, Oxford work shoe.

WORK SHOE

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Allen Edmonds

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What level of dress?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
SAS (San Antonio Shoes)
Not cheap, but well made and made in America.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheKid

+1 on the thorogoods.

I wear the steel toe wellingtons everyday on concrete.

Thorogood makes both slip on , lace up. Steel and non steel toe.

Most of their shoes are made in USA.

Though if i didn’t have to wear safety toe, I’d wear a pair of Anderson beans.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A decent pair of Doc Martins would fit that bill for me.

I'd like to try RedWings sometime - had Thorogoods and HATED them. Most painful and uncomfortable boot I've ever owned but I also have flat feet and never found an insole to be worth a damn.

Me

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Redwing G-lite chukka. They come in aluminum toe and non- safety toe. Extremely lite. They work with dress or blue jeans.

$200 pr

V
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
V
My current shoe is a Carolina with Crepe Sole. I get about a year on the first sole. I am about ready to buy a new pair, and have the pair I am wearing resoled. USA Made also.
I wore RedWing for years, another good choice, but the last pair I checked out were made in South America. Better than China but not USA Made.

Bob R

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
If you don't need a true "dress shoe" and casual will work I'd look @ these:

Meindl Shoe

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anything from ECCO

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by huntsman22
redwing pecos pull-ons.....

laugh laugh laugh laugh

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Teal
had Thorogoods and HATED them. Most painful and uncomfortable boot I've ever owned but I also have flat feet and never found an insole to be worth a damn.

Same here. Worn Redwing, Justin, Wolverine, Danner, Lehigh, among others with a preference for Redwing, Danner, and Justin. After all the rave reviews about Thorogood, I got a pair of Moc Toe and they were easily the most uncomfortable boot I’ve ever tried. Wore them on and off for months trying to get them broken in. The leather held up but the tread didn’t last very long.

Point being, picking a reputable brand is great but only your feet can tell you if it’s a good fit.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ironbender
Don’t let the name fool you. Sturdy, comfortable, Oxford work shoe.

WORK SHOE

I like the looks of those and will get some ordered - thanks for the link!

I've been wearing Keen's for the last few years, but am wanting to switch it up a bit. I can't get more than a few months out of a pair of Keen's for some reason, and their prices have gone up beyond what I want to pay for Dixie cup boots.

I work in an office environment for the most part, but I wear boots on days I have to be at construction jobsites, at my home shop, and around the ranch.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by LowerRiver
I’m starting a new job which is going to put me on my feet walking and standing way more than I do now. I don’t have any decent work shoes to use at the moment and am using my romeos. Anybody have any suggestions for a good comfortable shoe to wear in a work environment? I’ll be visiting various businesses from hair salons to heavy manufacturing facilities. No steel toe requirements but I’m fine with them if it’s a good shoe.

LR - consider making an appointment with a podiatrist and getting custom orthotics made in addition to getting your new boots. Sounds like you are going to be on your feet quite a bit, on hard surfaces. Just slide out the factory insoles and replace them with the orthotics.

I always thought orthotics had an old man/boomer stigma, and resisted for a long time. I had a fairly young guy working for me at that time who swore by them, so I eventually caved in. Turned one to be of the smartest things I've done, and they have helped considerably with arch fatigue, knee and hip pain, etc.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
You’re welcome. I wear them all winter when not wearing my Sorels. Winter is too slick for my pull on Justin workboot that I wear April-October. Very comfortable for my feet, and they come in wide.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Pat85
Allen Edmonds

Nice

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 12savage, 63 invisible), 2,546 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,683
Posts18,475,018
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.