I think its a painin-da-a$$

Tim

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
3040Krag
A BMOC begins using a PDA on the way to becoming a VIP. Its a way of keeping track of the GNP, GDP, S&P, DJIA, AM or PM. You can IM or EM with them.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Man, I am so dumb!

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
German rangefinders work just fine anywhere - but the number they display is the distance to Paris.

Duuuuude. . . .

I stayed away from this thread hoping it would die.

Glad I came back, that is TFF . . .

grin grin grin

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by 458Win
Like most magazines, there is a lot more chaff on these forums than wheat, one simply has to have the knowledge, time and experience to sort it out.

FWIW:

Everything I Like about Phil, is displayed in this post, and this thread.

BMT

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I shot my new B29 today, I'll up the pressure to 32,000 psi and watch it really fly!

B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
I KNEW that I should have gotten a B-29 when I had the chance . . . .

BMT

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
almost done now

B29 is something called propriortary. Means ya gotta pay royalties to some hot shot gun writer.
Legend has it on the Internet it is called the BS tax. Has anyone heard this?

iambrb Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
PDA - Perfect Dumb Azz.

This individual has such a reliance on technology that he is too bogged down to actually hunt. My father-in-law was once guilty of this. While Turkey Hunting, he had no less than 6 folding decoys, a deployable net (what are you really gonna net, anyway?) and nothing short of 12 calls, both on his person and gun!!!!
I told him to walk really carefully, and when he asked why, I told he if he fell over, he'd get gang-raped by turkeys, unable to stand up!!!

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Is there turkeys in Europe? If not maybe we could send them some of our turkeys.
Any volunteers?

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The B29 works great when hunting turkey decoys. There is full penetration without any board damage.

I need to find a new load for it though, something that will stretch
out there to 1,000 yards and yet keep pressures under 38,000 psi.

Any idea's?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I find that boolits made from depleted uranium have better sectional density so I always use them when I am hunting mooses and elks at ultra long range.

Personally I always prefer to use rifles with right hand gain twist in the northern hemisphere and the mirror image rifle which I will only shoot left handed is reserved for the southern hemisphere.

What is bothering me is this,classic newtonian physics do not accurately refect my trajectories at the relativistic velocity of my special long range loads,and all the dumb gun writers are woefully ignorant of even the basics of relativistic physics.

So..... When I am hunting at the equator,with my custom straight rifled rig,should I use the cosine of the angle or just make my caulations with linear equations?

Maybe if the gunwriters were smart like me,I wouldn't have to ask such basic stuff on the internet.

Britt

Last edited by ruraldoc; 12/18/07.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
The B-29 is yesterday's news. The one I want is a B-29 AI!

"All I want is to enter my house justified."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Dang I never thought it would be possible to AI the B29. You learn something every day. Sounds kinds stupid to me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But...but...but...AI'ing the B-29 gives you an additional 1.6% powder capacity, yielding a significant 0.4% increase in velocity.

My cosine got a tattoo when he crossed the equator, but when he went back it reversed itself.

Had not considered a straight-rifled barrel for hunting on the equator...damn...guess I better call PacNor again.

I am so grateful for what I have learned so far...please continue to enlighten us...

DN

"The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets."

"If you're asking me something technical, you may be looking for My Other Brother Darrell."

"It ain't foot-pounds that kills stuff -- it's broken body parts."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I crossed the equator,I never dreamed that the perfect answer was the B-29 AI with homodirectional rifling for long range equatorial elk.

But all the gun rags are intolerant of homodirectional rifling,no wonder none of us gifted people like them.

Britt

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by ruraldoc
When I crossed the equator,I never dreamed that the perfect answer was the B-29 AI with homodirectional rifling for long range equatorial elk.

But all the gun rags are intolerant of homodirectional rifling,no wonder none of us gifted people like them.

Britt

I just had a horrible visual. Homodirectional rifling should be kept in the "safe" for safety reasons!!!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Another problem I have encountered is boots not fitting in Europe that fit here in the states. Sure enough I looked inside the boot and it says in Europe the shoe changes size to another shoe size. Go figure

We have almost killed this thread, its leaking badly
another round of pivo to the room

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (1eyedmule, 219DW, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,358 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,077
Posts18,521,776
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.