Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 39 1 2 37 38 39
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by roverboy
Originally Posted by hanco
I never liked the dumb bastards urging us to vote Democrat. They did that because they were told to. The National Union President was owned by the Democunt party, still is.

I've never liked that either. I remember going to a union meeting about 6 years ago, and the Union President saying to remember to vote Democrat. This was in late 2015 when Trump was running against Hitlery. Everybody in there gave him a "go get fuqued look".

Did anybody stand up and say it?

No, saddly noone did stand up and say anything. But, I think he got the message.

Why do I have to press 1, for English?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BuzzH
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Your game and fish dept. doesn't generate [bleep]. It takes money from the people. Try and pretend your producing anything at all until the sun won't shine, but it doesn't change a thing. You're not.

They generate 85-90 million in revenue a year, and costs taxpayers not a penny. Fact.
Yes, they probably do "take in" 85-90 million a year, but most do very little, or nothing, to "generate" that. It is the interest, ambition and action of those who hunt and fish - and who pay for the licenses, etc. - that generates the income, from the pockets of the very citizens who own much or all of the land they are paying to use. Did G&F create the game and fishies in the first place, did they purchase the land/water on/in which the game and fish live, etc.?

I think not. Most G&F departments get their money merely by charging folks to use what they already own. The sporstmen/women generate the $$ - G&F collects the dollars and spends them

When someone sells a good, in this case a license...they are selling that good to whom? That's right, a consumer or customer. The money that those selling the good take in is called what? That's right, revenue.

The GF also generates money from those that don't own the game, a Non Resident hunters and fishermen. To be precise, the State does not own the wildlife, but rather holds it in trust for the citizens of the State it resides in.

Even further, anadromous fish, migratory waterfowl, and T&E endangered species are controlled by the federal government.

The only legal way for wildlife to be owned is when a licensed hunter/fisherman(consumer/customer) pays their (revenue) and reduces that wildlife to their possession. Even then there are restrictions on what the consumer/customer/owner of that wildlife can do with it.

And in other news, did you hear the sky is blue?
Some days it is - and just about everyone understands "revenue", so you do not need to try talking downward.

Revenue is one thing - generating revenue is another. Most G&F depts. produce little or nothing. They may maintain, they may sell, and most do policing. But, they invent, produce, manufacture nothing - and nature takes care of most of the growing.

So, they are like a money-grabbing middle man - sell access to already produced goods. It's there, I didn't make it and don't own it, most of it is on public property (your property even if "held in trust"), etc. - but you will pay me a fee in order to gain access to it - even if you don't actually get any of it.

Selling a privilege to something you do not own, produce or guarantee is not revenue generation. The folks who pay the rent do the generation. G&F does the taking.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by irfubar
A dose of reality..... reality that sails so far over the leftist heads they cannot even begin to grasp the meaning or ramifications.... even though it is around us everyday and getting exponentially worse.....

Our leftist members here would be wise to listen and open their eyes and begin educating themselves outside of the liberal universities.... rather than telling us how wrong we are, history proves otherwise, and the laws of economics is about to teach is a hard lesson....

^^^^THIS!!!^^^^

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Quote;
Oh, and I'll try to remember this thread this fall when I'm getting paid to hunt/fish 4 states this fall for 2 months.

Let that sink in.....
People are suffering from inflation, increased tax's , health care cost etc..... but Buzzy hunts 2 months a year and gets paid... by taxpayers....
He has no clue where inflation comes from.... typical Bolshevik
The old axiom, there is no free lunch is true

Jealous much?

Meh, don't care.

Actually, not jealous, just disgusted.

Gee, who woulda guessed. Most corksucking dimocommies don't care what their pos traitors in govt do to our money, laws or Constitution. Gives a clue as to why this country has been headed down the toilet for decades.

Tell us how proud you are to be a part of attempting to destroy the greatest nation in history.

You prove my words saying you are a POS.

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/13/23.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by taylorce1
Originally Posted by roper
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I'm in the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers. The union is pretty much toothless, we can't strike and get the BOHICA from the company. If it weren't for the pay, I wouldn't do it. It allowed my wife to stay home with our daughter as much as she wanted.

Daughter's grown and on her own now, and I have 11 years left before retirement. Unless the Congress figures out how to raid my pension, we should do alright with retirement income. The benifits have been okay, but every contract they're becoming less and less. Ultimately the company wants automated trains from point a to b and minimal employees at minimum wages.

Your daughter has father and he paid child support.

Huh?
What's matter can't read. How she your daughter. Wasn't her father USAF.

USMC
Life Member VFW
IC B2

Page 39 of 39 1 2 37 38 39

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 53 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,179 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,457
Posts18,489,764
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.