Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Well, I do have a keyboard. At least you're right about that.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Nothing inspires good productive discussion quite like a thread with a nexus to bicycles.

It’s a safe way to discuss the plight of the homosexual in modern America.
Who said we have a plight? Wait, I mean bicyclists.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Nothing inspires good productive discussion quite like a thread with a nexus to bicycles.

It’s a safe way to discuss the plight of the homosexual in modern America.
Who said we have a plight? Wait, I mean bicyclists.

lol

MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by dvnv
It isn't about following the laws. .

Glad to have that out of the way.

Those that use legality to define their morality are contributing to societal decline.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It isn't about following the laws. .

Glad to have that out of the way.

Those that use legality to define their morality are contributing to societal decline.

Very astute observation...and spot on.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This crap never ends because of the one sided view of the cyclist and how he sees the need for everyone to inconvenience themselves for the sake of the cyclist. Paul’s own words:

My belief is that the indignation motorists experience over cyclists is far greater than the inconvenience that they face.

What needs faced is the inconsiderate acts of cyclists as they claim rights and taxes, then once that is established, then it is “watch out for me and slow down”

The truth of the matter is the considerate cyclist is the exception, not the rule. The indignation against them is not only deserved, they earned it. Then one of the boys in spandex gets hit and the whole cycling world mourns the loss of a super minority of the citizenry of America and wants the whole country to slow down for their sake.

Good grief, can’t bicyclists understand how insignificant their world of cycling has such a negative impact that they aren’t worth the trouble…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Shrap, 'tards like the self absorbed queen paul and the lazy bitch buzz will never figure it out.

Not worth arguing with the dumb fuucks.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by shrapnel
This crap never ends because of the one sided view of the cyclist and how he sees the need for everyone to inconvenience themselves for the sake of the cyclist. Paul’s own words:

My belief is that the indignation motorists experience over cyclists is far greater than the inconvenience that they face.

What needs faced is the inconsiderate acts of cyclists as they claim rights and taxes, then once that is established, then it is “watch out for me and slow down”

The truth of the matter is the considerate cyclist is the exception, not the rule. The indignation against them is not only deserved, they earned it. Then one of the boys in spandex gets hit and the whole cycling world mourns the loss of a super minority of the citizenry of America and wants the whole country to slow down for their sake.

Good grief, can’t bicyclists understand how insignificant their world of cycling has such a negative impact that they aren’t worth the trouble…

That was a pretty good effort, but you could have squeezed some more butthurt in.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That was a pretty good effort, but you could have squeezed some more butthurt in.

Ending a sentence in a preposition and not understanding what butthurt really is, again weakens your already weak platform. You will never win this debate, but Sam O got it right…

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
I’m appalled

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Ending a sentence in a preposition and not understanding what butthurt really is, again weakens your already weak platform.

Do a little research on whether or not the way I structured that sentence was correct. Hint, it was. I'll happily strike butthurt and substitute snatchhurt if it will make you feel better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ending a sentence in a preposition and not understanding what butthurt really is, again weakens your already weak platform.

Do a little research on whether or not the way I structured that sentence was correct. Hint, it was. I'll happily strike butthurt and substitute snatchhurt if it will make you feel better.

My dad can beat up your dad, so there…

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Tax money is spent all over this nation converting old rail road beds into trails for hiking and bicycling as well as other areas specifically for such recreation. But we have these self- absorbed azzwipes that gotta pretend to be Lance Armstrong, and choose to do it on curvy, hilly two-lane roads where a vehicle(in my case, a 2017 Pete dragging a tank of propane) has to roll for miles behind them. This assumes one didn’t wipe them out when you crested a hill or rounded a tight curved at a significantly higher speed than the idiots on bikes. They are out recreating on a road intended only for vehicle traffic, and they do impede traffic and cause a severe risk to themselves and everyone else. Got no use for them. Or for the one here that refuses to admit that riding in a group across the traffic lane on a two lane road with a double yellow line and low visibility is a problem. SMH.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Do you not know the meaning of the double yellow stripe, Paul?

It is legal to pass slow moving vehicles on a double yellow road in many states.

So head on collisions are legal in "many" states? Solid yellow lines are there because your line of sight is impaired by hills or curves in the road, that line of sight is not improved by a flock of faqqets blocking the road.

Dog I rescued in January

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Mr_TooDogs
Sweet. Justice Served. Prick was jailed for a year prior to conviction. Good on the jurors.

Entitled Bicyclist Convicted Of Obstructing Traffic

Good stuff. Has some age on it. It has nothing to do with what we are discussing here. He was a career criminal whose sole reason for being on the road was to obstruct. I remember reading about it when it was going on.

It is very difficult for cyclists to be charged for obstruction for simply using the road.

https://ohiobikelawyer.com/uncategorized/2010/02/trotwood-v-selz-a-great-victory-for-cyclist/

But they can easily be ticketed and fined.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Do you not know the meaning of the double yellow stripe, Paul?

It is legal to pass slow moving vehicles on a double yellow road in many states.

So head on collisions are legal in "many" states? Solid yellow lines are there because your line of sight is impaired by hills or curves in the road, that line of sight is not improved by a flock of faqqets blocking the road.

What do you do if you come upon a boulder, stalled car, accident or a tree blocking your lane on a double yellow? Sit and wait for crews to come move it. After all, Texas law sates that the only time it's legal to cross a double yellow is when making a left turn into a driveway or business. The double yellow is based on line of sight coupled with expected speed of traffic, you mother fugking idiot. Vehicles traveling at a lower speed allow more time to execute a safe pass. That's why the law in some states allow for crossing the double yellow in certain circumstances. I'd like to say that I am surprised that I have to spell this out for you, but I am not.

He sat there crossed eyed and drooling, just like I envision many of you doing.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by APredator
Tax money is spent all over this nation converting old rail road beds into trails for hiking and bicycling as well as other areas specifically for such recreation. But we have these self- absorbed azzwipes that gotta pretend to be Lance Armstrong, and choose to do it on curvy, hilly two-lane roads where a vehicle(in my case, a 2017 Pete dragging a tank of propane) has to roll for miles behind them. This assumes one didn’t wipe them out when you crested a hill or rounded a tight curved at a significantly higher speed than the idiots on bikes. They are out recreating on a road intended only for vehicle traffic, and they do impede traffic and cause a severe risk to themselves and everyone else. Got no use for them. Or for the one here that refuses to admit that riding in a group across the traffic lane on a two lane road with a double yellow line and low visibility is a problem. SMH.
sometimes my vehicle choice is slightly different but it's the same idea Amen...

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
This assumes one didn’t wipe them out when you crested a hill or rounded a tight curved at a significantly higher speed than the idiots on bikes.

Someone transporting hazardous material doesn't wan't to drive at a rate of speed that allows you time to react to what might be around a bind bend or over a blind hill? What do you do if it's a car that has stalled, a farm tractor, a boulder, a free ranging cow or a fallen tree?

You'd never be hung up behind me for miles. I am happy to let folks get on with their lives. If I were a betting man, I'd bet that you are making up the story about being behind them for miles.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Go ahead. How much you want to put on it. 9 miles is the one I remember best because it was on a winding two lane on a hillside in Arkansas. Just south of Table Rock lake. And I had a tail of about fifteen cars behind me. So since you can’t tell us they weren’t unsafe you call me a liar. And wonder why some think you are a POS.

Last edited by APredator; 10/01/23.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Go ahead. How much you want to put on it. 9 miles is the one I remember best because it was on a winding two lane on a hillside in Arkansas. Just south of Table Rock lake. And I had a tail of about fifteen cars behind me. So since you can’t tell us they weren’t unsafe you call me a liar. And wonder why some think you are a POS.

If it happened the way you describe it, those cyclists were royal dick holes for keeping you behind them for well over 30 minutes. The reason I have doubt about your story is that EVERY single time I have been able to tease some facts out of these kind of stories, I have found some flaws and creative liberties on the part of the person telling it. Certainly if I believed every story that was told, I'd be a sucker of the highest order. Can you point me toward a google map location of where this took place?

Those cyclists being on that road isn't unsafe until you introduce drivers who don't want to be held accountable for traveling at a safe speed. Who does that make unsafe, the riders or the drivers?

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

454 members (12344mag, 21, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 10ring1, 38 invisible), 2,098 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,796
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.