Print Thread
Hop To
Page 212 of 257 1 2 210 211 212 213 214 256 257
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Originally Posted by pal
Not much progress, but a new low this morning, 193.0 smile Fasted until 11:00 am.

Great work pal!

Just out of curiosity, how much better do you feel now compared to when you started this journey if you were to put it into a percentage?

I am eating tonight, then I am doing a 72-hour fast, a BBQ Standing Rib Roast dinner (all I can eat) followed by a 96-hour.

I have to keep up with the winners hehe

cool

Thanks.

Mark Twain said: "There are lies, damned lies and statistics." So I'll just say that, before I began the diet, I was taking 1 acetaminophen plus 2 naproxen sodium every day for joint pain and inflammation. In the past couple weeks I believe I've taken it once.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Not wading into the BS, but down 45lbs since Feb. 228lbs to 183lbs @ 5’10”. Simple as walking 1 1/2 miles most evenings, on the gravel roads around the house or the treadmill. Eggs and meat for breakfast, salad or chicken tacos or similar for lunch, reasonable dinner of lean meat (pork, chicken, beef or venison) usually grilled with fresh veg from the garden. Cut out most bread, but still eat a little pasta and still eat rice No sugar other than alcohol (bourbon) which I’m not giving up. Snacks are apples, grapes, pineapple, dried fruit, olives, cheeses, nuts, jerky.
IMHO, cutting out processed foods and eating fresh veg from the garden and lean meat and proteins (eggs, black beans etc.) works for me. My goal is 175lbs so probably end of Nov I’ll be there. At 51 I feel a lot better. Energy/stamina way better than the young guys on my crews, joint pain less etc..
Biggest issue is good sleep which still escapes me due to stress. Working on an exit plan from the business which will cure that.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain
...down 45lbs since Feb. 228lbs to 183lbs...

Well done.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You all still fighting about dieting???

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by RUM7

Nah...most of us are just running a train on lard-arse's arse.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Fair enough, carry on.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Fair enough, carry on.

Yep, we are fucking him stupid...of course, he was already stupid.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Everyone should do whatever necessary to maintain a healthy weight. I've already said I do different things depending on what is happening at the moment.

It has worked for me my entire life, I've never been overweight, much of it underweight.

Last week I had to eat as much as possible. This week is different, I'm only mildly active and eating much lighter, two meals a day.

Today I woke up to elk bugling, granddaughter and I walked up the road and she called the bull up. Then took the grandson squirrel hunting for his first kill, walked about 2 miles. Then in the afternoon the granddaughter wanted to hike so we went up the creek to it's headwaters springs, a couple more miles. Piddled around the cabin getting stuff ready for some major work after I take the family back home tomorrow... a light day.

I understand that that may be a heavy active day for many and they need to diet different than me to stay trim. They need to understand it's not the best way or how 'humans' have done it for millions of years.

It may be the only way for many in today's world... but that's not my fault.

My light day. I even had a cow elk eating past the dining room window at dinner.

As far as who's a winner here...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by krp
Everyone should do whatever necessary to maintain a healthy weight. I've already said I do different things depending on what is happening at the moment.

It has worked for me my entire life, I've never been overweight, much of it underweight.

Last week I had to eat as much as possible. This week is different, I'm only mildly active and eating much lighter, two meals a day.

Today I woke up to elk bugling, granddaughter and I walked up the road and she called the bull up. Then took the grandson squirrel hunting for his first kill, walked about 2 miles. Then in the afternoon the granddaughter wanted to hike so we went up the creek to it's headwaters springs, a couple more miles. Piddled around the cabin getting stuff ready for some major work after I take the family back home tomorrow... a light day.

I understand that that may be a heavy active day for many and they need to diet different than me to stay trim. They need to understand it's not the best way or how 'humans' have done it for millions of years.

My light day. I even had a cow elk eating past the dining room window at dinner.

I don't say this to many people...but fella, you have made it!

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

I don't say this to many people...but fella, you have made it!

Thanks, a lot of hard work with the grandkids from the day they were born. My wife was their daycare until school. We decided to make the commitment along with our daughter and sil,. Wife really set them up educational wise, I did what I could also. It's still ongoing, they spend at least 1 night a week with us, have their own rooms at the house.

It's been worth it.

Kent

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by krp
Thanks, a lot of hard work with the grandkids from the day they were born. My wife was their daycare until school. We decided to make the commitment along with our daughter and sil,. Wife really set them up educational wise, I did what I could also. It's still ongoing, they spend at least 1 night a week with us, have their own rooms at the house.

It's been worth it.

Kent

More than worth it...the sole reason we are here.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Yep, I'm not impressed with some old dude strutting around thinking he's still a chick magnet... uh you aren't... unless 50/60 yo women are chicks now. Show me what you do to help younger people in the outdoors, sports, education life... that impresses me.

Kent

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by krp
Yep, I'm not impressed with some old dude strutting around thinking he's still a chick magnet... uh you aren't... unless 50/60 yo women are chicks now. Show me what you do to help younger people in the outdoors, sports, education life... that impresses me.

Kent

Aw come on, post up another pic of yourself, with just yourself in it. We're all dying to see it again.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This dude obviously did not get the memo. He sounds so miserable, I hope he can save himself:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/18809926/local-honey#Post18809926

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Also someone bragging they've had over 100 women isn't impressive, means you can't get one to keep you, they dump you.

Maybe if this was a swingers site.

Kent

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Who's got time for all that? I'm off to play handball, practice my Jack Lalane calisthenics, do a 3-mile hike in my "field boots," and then shoot my WWII rifle from various field positions just in case I actually go on a hunt some day. All while I'm "working."

Because, if you haven't noticed, I'm kind of awesome. I really don't like to talk about how awesome I am, so you might have missed that.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp

It's been worth it.

Kent

More than worth it...the sole reason we are here.

You bet.

Family is my/our EVERYTHING !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Sure ewe are, fat-ass pussy.

It's called a Circle-jerk, but ewe'r Metabolic Disease related Dementia won't let ewe remember that.

And ewe are all winnin' at it.

Ha!

Keto+Fasting+Exercise.

It's only Human

GR

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Sure ewe are, fat-ass pussy.

It's called a Circle-jerk, but ewe'r Metabolic Disease related Dementia won't let ewe remember that.

And ewe are all winnin' at it.

Ha!

Keto+Fasting+Exercise.

It's only Human

GR

Ironic that you think you are winning something lard-arse.

Your bitch arse has repeatedly been handed to you and you are too stupid to see it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by krp
Also someone bragging they've had over 100 women isn't impressive, means you can't get one to keep you, they dump you.

Maybe if this was a swingers site.

Kent

I get bored easily, and I enjoy Dear Hunting, plus the ladies dig me.

Most men have to settle because they are Butt Ugly and when they finally convince some poor woman to settle for them, the woman only agrees because of the promise to hand over their credit cards to the poor woman, with unlimited use of course.

It must suck to be UGLY LOL

Last edited by KillerBee; 10/03/23.

KB

Page 212 of 257 1 2 210 211 212 213 214 256 257

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

73 members (300_savage, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 10 invisible), 1,724 guests, and 856 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,324
Posts18,526,464
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.