Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
Originally Posted by ldholton
several years back I had a Glock 30 and a Kahr CW 45 . if I took my time concentrated on the trigger and took careful aim I would shoot tiger groups on paper with the Kahr. but if I picked up at speed off of table or going to draw for speed I would shoot the Glock much better.. Kahr left Glock got carried daily.

Sounds like my brother, talks to me about what to get....then gets a Kimber SAO leave the hammer down on an empty chamber, with the safety on lol

I don't want a safety, don't want and empty chamber ,,,,,,,,, draw bang bang.

Kinda hard to leave the safety on with the hammer down on a 1911. Or am I missing something?
[img][/img]

"Kimber Micro 9 design advantages is a single action trigger with the kind of short, smooth pull that ensures accuracy and builds confidence. The thumb safety, slide release and magazine release are pure 1911 as well."

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
several years back I had a Glock 30 and a Kahr CW 45 . if I took my time concentrated on the trigger and took careful aim I would shoot tiger groups on paper with the Kahr. but if I picked up at speed off of table or going to draw for speed I would shoot the Glock much better.. Kahr left Glock got carried daily.

Sounds like my brother, talks to me about what to get....then gets a Kimber SAO leave the hammer down on an empty chamber, with the safety on lol

Kinda hard to leave the safety on with the hammer down on a 1911. Or am I missing something?
[img][/img]

"Kimber Micro 9 design advantages is a single action trigger with the kind of short, smooth pull that ensures accuracy and builds confidence. The thumb safety, slide release and magazine release are pure 1911 as well."
Thank for the slavek type response. WTF are you trying to convey?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"Fighting to another gun", is mostly BS. The vast majority of gunfights are won or lost with what you have on your or within reach when it kicks off.

As I’ve said before I’m not a gunfighter. I’m also not responsible for the safety of everybody in a mall. Having said that I’m reasonably sure I would draw and engage if close enough to make a difference. As far as fighting my way to the truck to get my rifle? No thanks. If that is the case and I’ve had to fight my way to the truck, I’m either staying at the truck or driving away. I WOULD NOT retrieve a long gun of any sort much less an AR type then charge back in. That’s kinda like the turkey fan goober heads put in front of themselves as they crawl towards gobblers; an outstanding way to get shot. The po-leese responding will not assume you’re a good guy that only wants to help.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by IA_fog
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by deflave
[quote=goalie][quote=deflave]Next up will be "I shoot better without an optic."

LOL

In their defense, people with schitty fundamentals can't even find the dot on the draw, so they probably do......

Some of us are color blind and struggle to see the dot period. Secondly to me a handgun is a close quarter gun or a gun to give some firepower cover( firing back)to allow me to get to my shotgun or ar

Let's run a few scenerios and maybe you can help me understand how this works in the real world.

You're in the food court of a mall when a bad guy starts shooting people at the far end. Do you advance under cover and put shots on target, or head to your vehicle to get your long gun. Do you always have a long gun in your vehicle, or do you have to drive home to get your AR?

In the Florida nightclub shooting, all the exits were chained except the entrance. The gunman stood in the entrance shooting everyone as they tried to escape. In this scenerio, how does your handgun "buy you time to get to your long gun"? Do you travel with your long gun? Have it in the rental, and how are you getting past through the only exit to get to it?

"Fighting to another gun", is mostly BS. The vast majority of gunfights are won or lost with what you have on your or within reach when it kicks off.

First I do have a loaded shotgun and ar in my vehicle. Second I must clarify the get to other gun. If I’m stopped in my truck or at home the handgun to me can slow the attack especially if the intruder caught by surprise long enough to get the other guns out. In your scenario it depends, if it close by advance and attack, if it a long way away start to get people out of harms way while watching shooters direction. And also depends on the weapon,, if the mall attacker has an ar I am outranged and out gunned with a handgun, if he has a shotgun the odds are in favor that I have longer range than he does
The Florida one it doesn’t buy time but maybe could have been used to startle the shooter and keep him at bay, maybe it could have been used to get a door open
Each scenario is different and each responder responds differently

We might have to be neighbors, but I don’t have to be neighborly. John Chisum
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Question for those with experience. What size dot do you prefer in your duty or SD optics?

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

[img][/img]

It doesn’t sound like Bwana is very familiar with the 1911.
Owning and being proficient with a 1911 should be a requirement for American citizenship and the right to vote.

Bwana, the thumb safety on a 1911 can’t be engaged unless the hammer is back. I believe the term “locked and cocked” was coined for carrying a 1911 loaded, round in chamber with the hammer back and safety on. I understand that you got that info from your brother, but you need to get yourself a 1911. You’re missing out on one of the finer things in life. And they carry nicely. Even a 5” model is concealable, especially for a little taller fellow.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by hardway
Originally Posted by 673
I find no honor in not defending oneself, but more disturbing is the unwilling to defend others who may be defenseless.

You want to be a hero go ahead, but my family depends on me..... they and myself are MY responsibility and once safe It's everyone else's turn to protect themselves. If everyone took responsibility for them and their's , the bad guy wouldn't stand a chance.

I ain't gonna pretend and try to play swat tactical operator and put myself or my family in danger just cause some sheep have grown to depend on the cops for their saftey.
Your family is what I am talking about dumbphuck.

What kind of pistol do you carry in Canada?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

[img][/img]

Owning and being proficient with a 1911 should be a requirement for American citizenship and the right to vote.

Bwana, the thumb safety on a 1911 can’t be engaged unless the hammer is back. I believe the term “locked and cocked” was coined for carrying a 1911 loaded, round in chamber with the hammer back and safety on. I understand that you got that info from your brother, but you need to get yourself a 1911. You’re missing out on one of the finer things in life. And they carry nicely. Even a 5” model is concealable, especially for a little taller fellow.

You are correct, I never said I owned 1 nor shot one....my brother does. I was only stating he keeps the hammer down on an empty chamber when carrying....and he said the safety on.

Again I don't know, don't care, and I own a number of pistols I carry and none of them are like that.

No safety, no empty chamber, draw bang bang.

EDIT: I understand the 1911 is a great platform and excellent trigger, but I have a bunch of pistols and revolvers I'm very happy with for now.

Last edited by Bwana_1; 10/29/23.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

LOL

In their defense, people with schitty fundamentals can't even find the dot on the draw, so they probably do......

Some of us are color blind and struggle to see the dot period. Secondly to me a handgun is a close quarter gun or a gun to give some firepower cover( firing back)to allow me to get to my shotgun or ar
and where do you keep you AR or shotgun while you are wandering around walmart with your wife?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I think the average CCW owner is better off using the money for an optic to buy practice ammo.
And practice.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Some people still think it's 1873.
And there's an active debate whether or not it's even true that it was standard practice in the Old West to carry only five in your Colt SAA. The Colt SAA was designed with a safety notch (the first click) in the hammer, and Colt intended their revolvers to be carried with six loaded chambers with this notch engaged.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

LOL

Let's run a few scenerios and maybe you can help me understand how this works in the real world.

You're in the food court of a mall when a bad guy starts shooting people at the far end. Do you advance under cover and put shots on target, or head to your vehicle to get your long gun. Do you always have a long gun in your vehicle, or do you have to drive home to get your AR?

In the Florida nightclub shooting, all the exits were chained except the entrance. The gunman stood in the entrance shooting everyone as they tried to escape. In this scenerio, how does your handgun "buy you time to get to your long gun"? Do you travel with your long gun? Have it in the rental, and how are you getting past through the only exit to get to it?

First I do have a loaded shotgun and ar in my vehicle. Second I must clarify the get to other gun. If I’m stopped in my truck or at home the handgun to me can slow the attack especially if the intruder caught by surprise long enough to get the other guns out. In your scenario it depends, if it close by advance and attack, if it a long way away start to get people out of harms way while watching shooters direction. And also depends on the weapon,, if the mall attacker has an ar I am outranged and out gunned with a handgun, if he has a shotgun the odds are in favor that I have longer range than he does
The Florida one it doesn’t buy time but maybe could have been used to startle the shooter and keep him at bay, maybe it could have been used to get a door open
Each scenario is different and each responder responds differently

I appreciate your response, but I think you get my point. I've lived places where keeping a long gun in the vehicle was the norm, but around here, not so much. Either way, most gun fights are a "come as you are" party. What you have when it starts is what you'll have when it end, so dress accordingly.

TRH posts some good footage from real self-defense encounters. Anyone who's watched more than a couple dozen will stop with the cold chambers, weird carry positions, and illusions you'll have time to go get another gun. Yes, it occasionally happens, but not very often.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Question for those with experience. What size dot do you prefer in your duty or SD optics?

What ever Deflave/MacKay/Bluedreaux recommends.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

What ever Deflave/MacKay/Bluedreaux recommends.

I am hoping to hear from them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[img][/img]

Forty years ago my carry was a Commander LW, always cocked n locked. At 6' 2 1/2" it wasn't hard to conceal and carry. I practiced jacking a round with one hand and did it with either hand easily. I never was a great handgun shot but was adequate +, I would guess.

There was always that extra sense of security in carrying a 45acp.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Bigger = better.

(That’s what she said)

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by luv2safari

[img][/img]

Forty years ago my carry was a Commander LW, always cocked n locked. At 6' 2 1/2" it wasn't hard to conceal and carry. I practiced jacking a round with one hand and did it with either hand easily. I never was a great handgun shot but was adequate +, I would guess.

There was always that extra sense of security in carrying a 45acp.

Hard to beat the ergonomics of a 1911, IMO. Also very safe to carry cocked and locked. The internal safety polymer guns may be simpler in operation, not having to worry about thumb safeties, but the 1911 seems like an extension of your body when you aim and shoot it. It also rests well against the body during concealment, especially for a pistol of that size.

A
acy Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
A

I don't have nearly the experience with red dot sights as some guys do, but I prefer 6moa on a handgun.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

Bigger = better.

(That’s what she said)

Consider that a 4MOA dot at 25 yards will only cover a 1” area.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Is it okay for us old guys to just keep using open sights on a handgun we shoot well with, and trained with?

Just askin'.... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 10 of 37 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 14,867 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,172
Posts18,543,017
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.