Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
C
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Yoder409
COULD be in under 30 seconds. But, that's not the way it'd be handled.

2 male Rotts inside 5 acres of invisible fence do my light work. There's a VERY low probability a 5.56 mag dump is coming from inside that perimeter. Before I would insert myself into any outdoor activities, I'd dial 911 and let them know $hit was about to go down. Then a look around with IR night vision. Only THEN, if I thought I needed to go out and exchange niceties would it happen.

Sound logic and I concur... and Laura would call Mark and Sid on their private numbers and let them know what was going down (Mark and Sid are the sheriff and his top deputy)...

I kinda got the cart before the Ox...

Should have said "If a man was compelled..."

I have some outstanding neighbors and friends within earshot (gunfire) that I would support... many are elderly etc.

Overall, it was a rhetorical...

Never my place to tell a man how he should conduct himself...

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Not wanting to hijack Mackay_Sagebrush's thread...

The thought occurred...

How fast can you be out the door with your weapon(s)?

Neighbor/friend calls in a panic?

Weird (unusual) gunshots are heard?

Dogs alert in non-typical manner?

That kinda thing...

I would call the police and stay home. In 🇺🇸 are you not only supposed to care about yourself and your intermediate family?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Slavek

The thought occurred...

That kinda thing...

I would call the police and stay home. In 🇺🇸 are you not only supposed to care about yourself and your intermediate family?
Hide your dog.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by steve4102
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Pretty weak, Steve.

Careful, your obsession is becoming borderline kooky.
Well, you did ask, if firing on a bad guy with a gun in a mall could put you behind bars.

In a mall in TX where there are bars and restaurants that serve alcohol, the answer is yes.

Don’t like the answer, consult your congressman.

I know what gun laws here are. I guess they have improved drastically in the past 20 years or so. Maybe not perfect, but much better than gun laws in MN, there's no doubt to that.

:

Care to share these gun laws in MN that restrict both concealed and open carry, as well as other MN gun laws that justify your comment?

I know, I know it was a rhetorical question, you have no intention of justifying your comment with facts.

Typical.

No, not "typical". It's a fact. Unless you have the govt issued permit, you can't carry anywhere. Nowhere.... (without the govt's permission that is.)

There's more though. Lots more.

Minnesota Governor Signs Gun Safety Measures: Red Flag Law, Expanded Background Checks

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...-red-flag-law-expanded-background-checks

And...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Karen:

a Karen is a "middle-aged woman, typically blonde, makes solutions to others' problems an inconvenience to her although she isn't remotely affected."

In short, it's a stereotype, one that has picked up a ton of traction on the internet, becoming the butt of online jokes.

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yeah, that new background check thing is bad, but it is being challenged in court.

How bout your TX law forbidding carry in a bar or restaurant making it a Felony, any legal or legislative action being taken on that, or are you fine with it.

Yup, we have to buy a permit, sucks but it’s just a minor convenience as opposed to criminal felony charges for carrying.

TX had is laws and MN has its laws, but to think your laws are somehow more second Amendment friendly is ludicrous.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, that new background check thing is bad, but it is being challenged in court.

How bout your TX law forbidding carry in a bar or restaurant making it a Felony, any legal or legislative action being taken on that, or are you fine with it.

Yup, we have to buy a permit, sucks but it’s just a minor convenience as opposed to criminal felony charges for carrying.

TX had is laws and MN has its laws, but to think your laws are somehow more second Amendment friendly is ludicrous.

How about we come to a conclusion to this idiotic comparison of state gun laws?

Solution: You stay the fugg out of Texas, where Texas gun laws don't remotely affect you whatsoever, and I'll stay the fugg out of Minnesota, where I have no desire to be in in the first place?

That way we can both be happy, Karen. grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S

How about we come to a conclusion to this idiotic comparison of state gun laws?

Solution: You stay the fugg out of Texas, where Texas gun laws don't remotely affect you whatsoever, and I'll stay the fugg out of Minnesota, where I have no desire to be in in the first place?

That way we can both be happy, Karen. grin

LOL, child.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LOL, child.

Says the newsbot who doesn't contribute anything but discord.

You win, Karen.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Kenneth66
Move your ass as quick as you can , grab a weapon and light and proceed with caution
And don’t walk around with the light on , unless you want to advertise your location
Evaluate the disturbance, is someone trying to get in or in ?
Security cams covering each wall will give you a heads up if someone is the immediate perimeter of your house
If someone is in , get wife and kids in a safe room , she should have a light and gun , if sombody opens the door
And she doesn’t reconize him as a friendly , she should yell hault
If he proceeds and is armed with a gun , light him up
If he has a physical weapon , knife or pipe , try to stay calm enough for him to be an immediate threat and drill his ass
I say wait till immediate threat because in some states if isn’t a gun , they have to be within reaching distance of you
I know , not many will wait , just throwing it out there as something to share with your wife
Could save her from being prosecuted
Teach her to shoot , not just a one time thing but till she can load and unload the weapon and be efficient with it

Kenneth

Name one State that their “Use of Deadly Force “ statute says that the threat inside the home must be in reaching distance. Hell, post a State that requires this even outside the home.

I just did ass wipe
Kenneth

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

The thought occurred...

That kinda thing...

Faster than I thought actually. Even the wife was impressed.

Kids were all away, banging at the front door, dog growling. Less that 10 seconds after the dog started growling from the time I was up, .45 ready and flaslight strobe on.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fast enough to shoot a coyote running across my front field.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Depends on the state.

In TX for example if the business had a No Guns allowed sign, or generated more than 51% of its income from alcohol sales then just by carrying in that establishment you would be committing a felony, so yes, the shooter could quite possibly be going to prison.

TX is the only state in the Union that makes it a felony to carry into a bar or restaurant that generates 51% or more of its income from alcohol sales. This establishes a Yuge number of Government mandated Gun-Free Zones, more than any other state.

LOL... You sure are hung up on Texas. Show us where the bad state touched you... laugh

BTW, Texas has permitless carry.

Let us know when MN gets that, will you? wink
Sure thing, but don’t hold your breath, constitutional carry will not come to MN in my lifetime, if ever.

However, MN carry law, unlike TX, does not restrict or criminalize carrying into bars and restaurants, not only can one carry open or concealed into a bar, one can consume.

Also in MN, unlike TX, carrying past a No-Guns Allowed sign, does Not carry the force of law.

Let us know when TX trusts it’s citizens enough to allow them to Constitution Carry in an establishment that serves alcohol, will you?

They can make “carry” that liberal……because no one is permitted to carry! 😉 m

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Move your ass as quick as you can , grab a weapon and light and proceed with caution
And don’t walk around with the light on , unless you want to advertise your location
Security cams covering each wall will give you a heads up if someone is the immediate perimeter of your house
If someone is in , get wife and kids in a safe room , she should have a light and gun , if sombody opens the door
If he has a physical weapon , knife or pipe , try to stay calm enough for him to be an immediate threat and drill his ass
I say wait till immediate threat because in some states if isn’t a gun , they have to be within reaching distance of you
I know , not many will wait , just throwing it out there as something to share with your wife
Teach her to shoot , not just a one time thing but till she can load and unload the weapon and be efficient with it

Kenneth

Name one State that their “Use of Deadly Force “ statute says that the threat inside the home must be in reaching distance. Hell, post a State that requires this even outside the home.

I just did ass wipe
Kenneth
Sorry man, must have missed it, don’t see any specific states or state statutes posted.

Mind reposting or quoting yourself on which states have such a distance requirement.

Thanks

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by memtb
Depends on the state.

In TX for example if the business had a No Guns allowed sign, or generated more than 51% of its income from alcohol sales then just by carrying in that establishment you would be committing a felony, so yes, the shooter could quite possibly be going to prison.

TX is the only state in the Union that makes it a felony to carry into a bar or restaurant that generates 51% or more of its income from alcohol sales. This establishes a Yuge number of Government mandated Gun-Free Zones, more than any other state.

LOL... You sure are hung up on Texas. Show us where the bad state touched you... laugh

Sure thing, but don’t hold your breath, constitutional carry will not come to MN in my lifetime, if ever.

However, MN carry law, unlike TX, does not restrict or criminalize carrying into bars and restaurants, not only can one carry open or concealed into a bar, one can consume.

Also in MN, unlike TX, carrying past a No-Guns Allowed sign, does Not carry the force of law.

Let us know when TX trusts it’s citizens enough to allow them to Constitution Carry in an establishment that serves alcohol, will you?

They can make “carry” that liberal……because no one is permitted to carry! 😉 m

…or make it a felony to carry in selected private businesses.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Kenneth

I just did ass wipe
Kenneth
Sorry man, must have missed it, don’t see any specific states or state statutes posted.

Mind reposting or quoting yourself on which states have such a distance requirement.

Thanks

You may be right , I’m a bit edgy . 10 weeks dealing with a broken leg , no income , hunting season , I’m about fugging bonkers , that’s why I been on here so much , nothing else to do .
I apologize for the brash remark
Va.
Never understood how we got to were we have to mind our p’s and q’s about shooting someone that poses a threat
Far as I’m concerned, thieves should be a viable target too
Hate a fugging thief
Take care , Kenneth

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Pretty weak, Steve.

Careful, your obsession is becoming borderline kooky.
Well, you did ask, if firing on a bad guy with a gun in a mall could put you behind bars.

In a mall in TX where there are bars and restaurants that serve alcohol, the answer is yes.

Don’t like the answer, consult your congressman.

I know what gun laws here are. I guess they have improved drastically in the past 20 years or so. Maybe not perfect, but much better than gun laws in MN, there's no doubt to that.

:

Care to share these gun laws in MN that restrict both concealed and open carry, as well as other MN gun laws that justify your comment?

I know, I know it was a rhetorical question, you have no intention of justifying your comment with facts.

Typical.

No, not "typical". It's a fact. Unless you have the govt issued permit, you can't carry anywhere. Nowhere.... (without the govt's permission that is.)

There's more though. Lots more.

Minnesota Governor Signs Gun Safety Measures: Red Flag Law, Expanded Background Checks

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/arti...-red-flag-law-expanded-background-checks

And...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Karen:

a Karen is a "middle-aged woman, typically blonde, makes solutions to others' problems an inconvenience to her although she isn't remotely affected."

In short, it's a stereotype, one that has picked up a ton of traction on the internet, becoming the butt of online jokes.

laugh

Some of those aren't true.

You certainly can have a semi-auto rifle/handgun/shotgun here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Depends on the state.

Can open carry without a permit in MN.

Texas has permit less carry. Do you ever leave the state? Then what?

I'm not claiming MN is a gun friendly, but it isn't bad comparable either.

Last edited by tzone; 10/30/23.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Are they though? How are they MUCH better? I don't know the gun laws in tx so that's a serious question.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Diesel
Fast enough to shoot a coyote running across my front field.

This

It's why I rush out with a gun and do it often.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tzone

Are they though? How are they MUCH better? I don't know the gun laws in tx so that's a serious question.

Until Texas got concealed carry, it was pretty much illegal to carry any handgun in Texas. Pretty much since the civil war. 1870 something.

After that it took awhile, but got laws that extended your house to your vehicle, and you could carry a handgun in your car.

After a bit more, we finally got permitless carry, open or concealed. As long as you are able to buy a handgun, you can carry it. Still have Concealed Permits too, for reciprocity in different states.

The democrats still fight us tooth and nail about any pro gun laws. Blood in the streets, etc. .... Just being democrats.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (35, anothergun, 6MMWASP, BB3, ar33c9, 7mm_Loco, 8 invisible), 1,398 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,977
Posts18,499,529
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.