Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
GB1

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When Bristoe first posted the video it just looked like physics and what can happen in Hockey, but upon reviewing the video, I have only seen one angle, it does look like he tried to get a piece of him too, as well as the original intent to hit the first guy.

It doesn't seem like a Todd Bertuzzi type of intent, or a Marty McSorley intent to injure either, which are on a different level, but it still looks like intent to me.

If true the question should be....how did he make it that far into pro or even junior Hockey?

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
When I fist viewed the video, I thought it might have been inadvertent, and the result of a missed block on the first player (who I believe was offside). I watched it over and I think any contact with the first player was incidental and it was Johnson who was the target of the block. Petgrave intended to take Johnson off the puck as he crossed the line. Johnson had already altered course to avoid the block and Petgrave was out of position to make any kind of clean block. His response was to try a flying kick instead. It was a deliberate dirty play, with the potential to cause serious injury which, of course, it did. What the end result of the investigation might be, I can't say. One would like to think that the investigation will be impartial and balanced, but I don't know. GD

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by greydog
When I fist viewed the video, I thought it might have been inadvertent, and the result of a missed block on the first player (who I believe was offside). I watched it over and I think any contact with the first player was incidental and it was Johnson who was the target of the block. Petgrave intended to take Johnson off the puck as he crossed the line. Johnson had already altered course to avoid the block and Petgrave was out of position to make any kind of clean block. His response was to try a flying kick instead. It was a deliberate dirty play, with the potential to cause serious injury which, of course, it did. What the end result of the investigation might be, I can't say. One would like to think that the investigation will be impartial and balanced, but I don't know. GD
His race will provide him with a massive protective factor with regards to any decision to prosecute or not.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I don't know if he has martial arts training, but that was a classic karate side kick. He did it on purpose. He should be criminally charged.
It is a fluke, at that high sped of skating that he hit him in the neck and cut the carotid artery.
Yes the best way I can describe the kick as in Taekwondo is a front leg side kick. It is a common move in tournament fighting as a checking move (usually), one to stop an attack. As it doesn't have the power of a rear leg side kick or a turning back kick.
The power of this kick is greatly enhanced if it is a running flying kick or in this case a fast moving skating kick.
Granted with a sharp blade on your foot even a standing check kick could cause the damage.
Given that the kick was thrown at a high level, he probably had some training.
In my opinion charges should definitely be filed.

Last edited by dakota300rum; 11/01/23. Reason: Spelling
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
15 years,...manslaughter.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Not intentional

Camp is where you make it.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by tzone
Not intentional
Doesn't have to be intentional it was a careless dangerous move.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Can those who have played hockey at any level greater than pond please raise their hand?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by dakota300rum
Not intentional
There's no doubt it was intentional, unless you're saying that someone had planted a chip in his brain and controlled his motions with a remote control device. There's no place in the sport of hockey for karate style kicks to the throat of an opposition player.

Second degree murder. Not manslaughter. Manslaughter is if you punch someone, or push someone, and they fall and land badly, resulting in death. It's when you don't expect serious harm, but somehow death results anyway. That's not what happened here.

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Not intentional

He asked if it was intentional. I answered.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Not intentional
There's no doubt it was intentional

I'm saying it wasn't intentional. That in fact does "make doubt."

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Can those who have played hockey at any level greater than pond please raise their hand?

Hand raised.

The guy was hip checked and his leg went up. Ever been hip checked?

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ever been hip checked? Hell, most of these guys probably never went to a game.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I should have said that no reasonable person could believe it was unintentional.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Not intentional
There's no doubt it was intentional

I'm saying it wasn't intentional. That in fact does "make doubt."
Yes I do agree my intention was to explain what I saw. Do I think he meant to kill him? I do not.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by smokepole

Exactly.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looks to me like the kicker puts his left arm out and makes contact with Johnsons' team mate just prior to kicking Johnson. I don't see the hip check Tzone is talking about.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by smokepole

Exactly.
What does a hip check have to do with this situation.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Yes I do agree my intention was to explain what I saw. Do I think he meant to kill him? I do not.
Intent to kill isn't the required intent for second degree murder. If I hit you over the head with a baseball bat, but only intended to make an impression on you about what we were arguing about, that's intent enough, since one is held to the reasonable person standard in this regard. A reasonable person knows that a baseball bat to the head is potentially lethal, and a reasonable person knows that a kick to the head/neck area, while wearing skates, is potentially lethal. That's intent enough for second degree murder. The video leaves no room for reasonable doubt as to whether he intended to strike the victim in the head/neck region with his skates. Doesn't matter if he didn't mean to kill him, but only intended to prevent him from accomplishing his objective in the game. He intended to strike him with the skate, and that's all that's required.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

718 members (10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 72 invisible), 3,185 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,744
Posts18,476,091
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.