Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 37 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt
If you see somebody walk into your local Piggly Wiggly with an AR15 or AK, put one in their cranium immediately. Don't stand there and overthink it. They are not there to get a jar of pickles.

Better be careful there... in some states openly carrying a long gun is perfectly legal. And there are people who do it. I saw a goofy sumbitch in my local Rural King with an AR slung across his chest, wife, and kid in tow as he pushed a shopping cart.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC
If you see somebody walk into your local Piggly Wiggly with an AR15 or AK, put one in their cranium immediately. Don't stand there and overthink it. They are not there to get a jar of pickles.

Better be careful there... in some states openly carrying a long gun is perfectly legal. And there are people who do it. I saw a goofy sumbitch in my local Rural King with an AR slung across his chest, wife, and kid in tow as he pushed a shopping cart.

Mogc, if one of us on this board at this point in time in our lives cannot tell the difference between somebody that is on a stalk or is just carrying his gun to show that he believes in his second Amendment rights, well then, I got nothing for ya.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Since most folk sling and carry an AR in ready position then YES, there are those that might find it hard to tell the difference!

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 11/01/23.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Since most folk sling and carry an AR in ready position then YES, there are those that might find it hard to tell the difference!

If some [bleep] has his face up in an optic and I'm ready position or is looking through iron sights, please don't try to tell me he's just exercising his Second Amendment rights. I know the difference. If somebody else doesn't, well I don't have anything for them. Their actions are their own and they may end up losing their lives and those of their families because they can't get their ass in gear when it is time.

I'm done here. Enough with the stupid ass speculation.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

If some [bleep] has his face up in an optic and I'm ready position or is looking through iron sights, please don't try to tell me he's just exercising his Second Amendment rights. I know the difference. If somebody else doesn't, well I don't have anything for them. Their actions are their own and they may end up losing their lives and those of their families because they can't get their ass in gear when it is time.

Hopefully you will think on some of the good advice others have given.

Shooting everyone who is carrying is a bad plan.

You might also consider the guy with the AR might have just taken down the real bad guy on the scene so maybe "overthink it" and make sure anyone who you try and shoot in the head is actually a real bad guy.

Food for thought.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L_D just got Burned!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

There are some thick heads running around here........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
L_D just got Burned!

Okay, that was pretty funny.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Literally.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

You might also consider the guy with the AR might have just taken down the real bad guy on the scene so maybe "overthink it" and make sure anyone who you try and shoot in the head is actually a real bad guy.

Food for thought.

Stop pontificating, you fool. I know when somebody's trying to kill innocents. Stop with the fugking stupidity.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

No schit.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Literally.
Didn’t Gin Blossom require you to have surgery?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Food for thought.

Stop pontificating, you fool. I know when somebody's trying to kill innocents. Stop with the fugking stupidity.
So you lied and are not "done"?

Let us rehash exactly what you posted.

You advocated shooting anyone carrying an AR in a Piggle Wiggly and not "overthinking it."

When many posters here called such actions into question and explain that such actions were likely to get you thrown in prison you backpeddaled and tried to move the goal posts.

Why not just admit you made a dumb post full of false bravado and move on?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

Food for thought.

So you lied and are not "done"?

Let us rehash exactly what you posted.

You advocated shooting anyone carrying an AR in a Piggle Wiggly and not "overthinking it."

When many posters here called such actions into question and explain that such actions were likely to get you thrown in prison you backpeddaled and tried to move the goal posts.

How about you FOAD.

I'll do what I'll do. No false bravado at all.

PS - I don't give a fat fugk what you do.

Last edited by local_dirt; 11/01/23.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Around where I live the leo's preferred those carrying to do so.concealed so they didn't get a or many "man with a gun" calls. You.might have the right to carry open but why make a target out of yourself? The way the courts work these days you might be better off to let them shoot someone first to prove their intent before you go to your own shooting. Eli Dicken is hailed as a hero for putting that guy down but if that guy hadn't allready shot and hit people ole Eli would be in jail. Pretty sick to think you gotta watch murder first before doing something about it but that is left doing their sh*t again. They point that gun at me changes the ball game. Everything the left has done for years has the intent to eliminate the 2nd A. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hi Mackay, what iron sights do you have on your light blue pistol? They look like they would be a fine addition to an old glock that I have! Also I carry a P365 and a spare magazine, I know this does not qualify as a full sized pistol, I do shoot it reasonably well and practice with it several times a month. For the most part that qualifies as the smallest pistol I feel reasonably confident with.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Around where I live the leo's preferred those carrying to do so.concealed so they didn't get a or many "man with a gun" calls. You.might have the right to carry open but why make a target out of yourself? The way the courts work these days you might be better off to let them shoot someone first to prove their intent before you go to your own shooting. Eli Dicken is hailed as a hero for putting that guy down but if that guy hadn't allready shot and hit people ole Eli would be in jail. Pretty sick to think you gotta watch murder first before doing something about it but that is left doing their sh*t again. They point that gun at me changes the ball game. Everything the left has done for years has the intent to eliminate the 2nd A. Mb

Good post….

I posted this quite awhile ago, but perhaps it is worth repeating.

Son-in-law is on local police dept….. had a long conversation with him one time regarding “mall shooters.”

He made three comments of some relevance…..

First, he broadly categorized some of his fellow policemen as “those that are cool and levelheaded …. and he’d be happy to team up with them.”

Second, were “those that get really excited in emergency and unfamiliar situations and one was not sure how they might respond” and this group may or may not be both helpful and predictable in emergency situations.

Ok, so far, this is pretty standard stuff and most of us have some experience with these two “types.”

Then he cautioned me…..he says TF, “if you as a civilian are first to get involved in some action, be aware that when the cops show up, they may not be thinking and just ‘shoot everyone’ who is holding a gun.”

Interestingly, he was not yet “experienced” and kinda identified as being in the second group but aspired to grow in his leo role and take his place in the first group.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Lying Liar Wizard

M
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by justin10mm
You hear about Glock .40's blowing up often enough that I'd be very hesitant to go near anything +P with one.

Are you using a heavier recoil spring?

Let me address that.

In more than 3 decades of being an armorer I have seen a number of .40s and 10mms that have come apart. The short version is in literally EVERY, and I mean EVERY case, I would ask the person, or agency about their maintenance. The answers were consistent. I would ask how many rounds fired. They would state 10K, 12K, and upwards of over 20K in some cases. Then I would ask them when the last time they had replaced their recoil spring. The consistent answer was that they had not. They explained that the gun was still functioning, so they figured that they did not need to.

Same with some agencies. They figured that the recoil spring was a permanent item and not a part that needed frequent replacement in spite of the fact that Glock teaches every single armorer who goes to their classes how to check one as well as informs them to replace them generally every 3-5K rounds depending on the generation.

The concept of never replacing a recoil spring because the gun is still running is like saying that you don't need to replace your tires because they are still round and black. Just ignore the bald spots and cords. Then when they come apart catastrophically, blame the manufacturer, instead of the consumer..

The .40 ammo I produce was developed and designed to function using a fresh standard factory weight recoil spring assembly. In testing I fired thousands of rounds with zero problems and in fact fired rounds that were considerably hotter/faster. However the trifecta of accuracy, velocity and ultra reliability was right at 1200 FPS. This is a true High Performance load and in doing a lot of chronograph tests it beat a few big name 10mm loads. All while packaged in a small frame gun.

While it was developed to run with a factory recoil spring (on a Gen 3 G22 that is 17#s), I run a 20# spring on mind as a standard practice. The reason being is that I find my shot to shot recovery time to be faster. I can shoot controlled pairs quicker and it should be just a bit easier on the gun in terms of slide to frame wear.

I never cared for the .40 due to the inaccuracy in general, and I tested a BUNCH of various projectiles and powders before I found the ideal combo. I could not be happier with the way it turned out. Keeping 10/10 on a paper plate at 50 yards is not hard if shooting from a supported position.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As it is, I would hunt Mule Deer or Black Bear with this load with total confidence.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Page 20 of 37 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (257Bob, 222Sako, 1badf350, 1234, 257man, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 13,725 guests, and 1,050 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,160
Posts18,542,841
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.