Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I owned one about 12 years ago, if I remember the .303 was in plain sight, had kept it a number of years looking for the bayonet, finally sold the MHG to Savage collector in Mason, Tx. at the Fredericksburg gun show, same place I sold a engraved 22hp, to a seller that listed it on G I

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't know about a roster. I looked up the name of the guy who had owned my MHG. He was a prominent business man in Montreal but it didn't say anything about him being in the guard. He was the right age, early 40's.

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Very nice Steve. It would look great in a rack in the back window of your pickup. grin

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skidrow
Very nice Steve. It would look great in a rack in the back window of your pickup. grin

Thanks George. Nice to hear from a friendly voice.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

good grab Steve , i have been away for 4 weeks, I also just picked one up 1684xx forget rack number . i need to finish paying before i bring it home.

If you need more info get hold of Trix99, he has about all the info you need . Accordinf to Blair trix99 , if the ingraving is on the side of the reciever that denotes that the owner was probable an officer just a name on the wood would be more like a private..

I did not get a Bayonet with mine but do have the original silng and sight hood,

again congrates on grabing one.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by norm99
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

good grab Steve , i have been away for 4 weeks, I also just picked one up 1684xx forget rack number . i need to finish paying before i bring it home.

If you need more info get hold of Trix99, he has about all the info you need . Accordinf to Blair trix99 , if the ingraving is on the side of the reciever that denotes that the owner was probable an officer just a name on the wood would be more like a private..

I did not get a Bayonet with mine but do have the original silng and sight hood,

again congrates on grabing one.

norm

Thank you, Norm. I will get in touch with Blair. I have talked extensively to Joe (Maddog) about it and he has been helpful. I am happy you found one as well. Most likely I paid too much but got a heck of a good price considering the original asking price. I am happy.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PM incoming

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
This is a sweet rifle congratulations!!! I know if we were to add one like this Kurt would be drooling also !!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (160user, 1minute, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 2,406 guests, and 1,433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,168
Posts18,484,544
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.