[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Looks like trouble!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never had a Heeler but they’re on my list of pups to try at some point. I’ve been around some rather cool examples.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LSU fan
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by rickt300
Truck guns all depend on where I'm going. A shotgun rides along most of the time. If I'm checking hog traps I like my Rossi carbine in 45 Colt. The basic rifle is a beater Savage in 243 loaded with 58 gr. VMax's unless I happen to take my 6AR. Sooo many choices. Then there is the inevitable pistol. A good 1911 in my case all the time. As for truck dogs a Catahoula and an 85 pound Black mouth cur. In my case the order of bottom to top is the bigger decision for the firearms.

I should have started a thread on what’s the best truck dog?

Size, breed, temperament, color, and durability. That would have had some serious legs for posted replies.

As for my truck gun. Shaen, should be getting my 6.5 CM barreled action tomorrow for a chop to 20”. It’ll be a solid improvement for handling in/out of the UTV.

🦫

I honestly didn’t know you could shorten a cf barrel. Can’t wait to see the results.

That’ll be the story of my life, if Shaen calls me tomorrow and says, “Where’s the 20” barrel you wanted me to thread”? 😆

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Looks like trouble!

Triple trouble.

Lol

🦫

“Molon Labe”
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by huntsman22
now it's a triple....

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Live that first photo!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Looks like trouble!

Triple trouble.

Lol

🦫

Triple threat in the 'hood!

Heelers are the coolest dogs. Fairly serious and chill...until it's time to get to business!

My parent's latest farm dog is a Rez pup and she is totally kickass. Not sure if she'll ever be anywhere close to a heeler when it comes to working cows but she's smart as hell and listens.

N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
now it's a triple....

You don’t need to worry about your carry weapon with that trio around…😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by navlav8r
now it's a triple....

You don’t need to worry about your carry weapon with that trio around…😁

375, 300, and 257!

Old guy, old guns.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
That’ll be the story of my life, if Shaen calls me tomorrow and says, “Where’s the 20” barrel you wanted me to thread”? 😆

🦫

😂😂

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

🦫

😂😂

I got the call from Shaen, yesterday. No Bueno, on setting back the CF barrel. 😖 It’s coming back to be reinstalled into her furniture and left as she is.

I hit my LGS yesterday in search of a new option for my UTV Partner in 6.5 CM. I settled on a Fierce Mini Carbon Rogue with cheek riser and a 20” tube and brake.

The Rogue was lightweight @ 5.5lbs and nimble. Fierce alleges a 3/4 inch group guarantee with 3 rounds. We’ll see about that. It lands next week.

I will grab it when I get back from elk hunting, give it some glass, then see what it does with Hornady’s 143 ELD-X and their 129gr. SST ammo.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

More to come…

🦫

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

🦫

😂😂

I got the call from Shaen, yesterday. No Bueno, on setting back the CF barrel. 😖 It’s coming back to be reinstalled into her furniture and left as she is.

I hit my LGS yesterday in search of a new option for my UTV Partner in 6.5 CM. I settled on a Fierce Mini Carbon Rogue with cheek riser and a 20” tube and brake.

The Rogue was lightweight @ 5.5lbs and nimble. Fierce alleges a 3/4 inch group guarantee with 3 rounds. We’ll see about that. It lands next week.

I will grab it when I get back from elk hunting, give it some glass, then see what it does with Hornady’s 147 ELD-X and their 129gr. SST ammo.

More to come…

🦫

Good luck on the mountain. Buddy just called and said he knocked down a bull (spike) on Mt Emily.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs

🦫

😂😂

I will grab it when I get back from elk hunting, give it some glass, then see what it does with Hornady’s 147 ELD-X and their 129gr. SST ammo.

More to come…

🦫

Good luck on the mountain. Buddy just called and said he knocked down a bull (spike) on Mt Emily.

That’s awesome for your Bud!

I got a crazy train going on here at the property. A herd of 15 Roosevelt’s with 3 bulls, one a shooter 5x5 just showed up yesterday morning. We typically see an elk herd around every year, but usually in December.

I’m watching them at maybe 120 yards as they proceeded to tear the heck out of my newly seeded pastures. Finally, I sent Danner Boot the dog to chase them off.

That maybe wasn’t the best idea, Scotty. The herd spooked and dug in hard and deep, with their hooves, making the situation worse than me just letting them graze and move along.

Laffin!

You start eating any of your elk yet? I did finally kill a small Blacktail buck on the last day of the season. A decent little fork came out with its nose to the ground hoping to locate a hot doe.

I ended his trailing effort with one shot, high up on his neck. He’ll eat!

Take care, Bud.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

🦫

😂😂

I will grab it when I get back from elk hunting, give it some glass, then see what it does with Hornady’s 143 ELD-X and their 129gr. SST ammo.

More to come…

🦫

Hate it didn’t work out but I like your plan B.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

🦫

😂😂

More to come…

🦫

That’s awesome for your Bud!

I got a crazy train going on here at the property. A herd of 15 Roosevelt’s with 3 bulls, one a shooter 5x5 just showed up yesterday morning. We typically see an elk herd around every year, but usually in December.

I’m watching them at maybe 120 yards as they proceeded to tear the heck out of my newly seeded pastures. Finally, I sent Danner Boot the dog to chase them off.

That maybe wasn’t the best idea, Scotty. The herd spooked and dug in hard and deep, with their hooves, making the situation worse than me just letting them graze and move along.

Laffin!

You start eating any of your elk yet? I did finally kill a small Blacktail buck on the last day of the season. A decent little fork came out with its nose to the ground hoping to locate a hot doe.

I ended his trailing effort with one shot, high up on his neck. He’ll eat!

Take care, Bud.

🦫

Man, only a Beav would run off elk right before hunting season!

Yeah, I started feeding a bit on the elk last weekend. Pretty tasty, but I have been lucky and haven't had a bad raghorn or spike in my limited experience.

Looking forward to seeing how you all do once you get started hunting. I know the west side is about like hunting giant whitetails!

And you ran them off! grin

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Laffin!

🦫

Man, only a Beav would run off elk right before hunting season!

grin

Bro, I had the shakes so bad looking at the 5x5 just feeding away. He’s eating my pasture up like a horse with no worries. Then the bull stands broadside to me @ NO MORE THAN 125 YARDS!

A criminals mind started to creep into my thoughts. “Beav, just stone him, nobody would know”. 🤔

I knew then, it was time to send the dog out before my sweaty hands was holding a rifle and this pasture eating bull died.

🤣🦫

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Bro, I had the shakes so bad looking at the 5x5 just feeding away. He’s eating my pasture up like a horse with no worries. Then the bull stands broadside to me @ NO MORE THAN 125 YARDS!

A criminals mind started to creep into my thoughts. “Beav, just stone him, nobody would know”. 🤔

I knew then, it was time to send the dog out before my sweaty hands were holding a rifle and this pasture eating bull died.

🤣🦫

I get that! Cool to see them, even if they are eating your pasture alive!

Semper Fi
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1Longbow, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1OntarioJim, 62 invisible), 2,590 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,814
Posts18,477,637
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.