Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by rickt300
Republican primary in KY a joke. They let demrats vote in the primaries who intentionally vote for weak candidates.

KY has closed primaries.

Yep.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Although I would have preferred that Ryan Quarles was the GOP candidate. He's a farm boy with a super achiever mind. Kentucky missed a good chance when they didn't make him the candidate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Quarles

I was a Quarles fan. He is friends with some of my kinfolk, and he would have made a great governor. Cameron may be okay, and he would be heads and shoulders above the present one, but I know nothing about him.

I think Cameron would be good. He was solid when he was Attorney General. He's been around the state a while and hasn't gone wrong on anything that I've heard of.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by JakeM78
Originally Posted by FatCity67
Black Gov in Kentucky?

LOL.

Why is that funny? I think a Hamas leader as governor would be better than Newsom
Most Kentucky residents I know would never vote for a black man for anything.

I don't know. I think he may have a difficult time pulling the Eastern Kentucky vote.Many in Appalachia still have that "Republicans are for the rich man" mentality. Cameron being black might make them just that much more wary.

Outside of Appalachia, Lexington, and Louisville, Kentucky is a very red state--and even Eastern Kentucky went for Trump in 2016 and 2020. So maybe they're starting to come around.

Red everywhere except Louisville and Lexington in 2020. Lexington is blue and Louisville is black.

https://www.cnn.com/election/2020/results/state/kentucky/president

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by auk1124
Originally Posted by rickt300
Republican primary in KY a joke. They let demrats vote in the primaries who intentionally vote for weak candidates.

KY has closed primaries.

Yep.

But you are allowed to change parties before the election right?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Black Gov in Kentucky?

LOL.

Why is that funny? I think a Hamas leader as governor would be better than Newsom

Well, I voted for Cameron, and I don't have any love for Blacks, but sometimes you gotta hold your nose and vote for a guy whether you like him or not.

I would too. I’m just saying I know a lot of folks who would not.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Black Gov in Kentucky?

LOL.

I don't know. I think he may have a difficult time pulling the Eastern Kentucky vote.Many in Appalachia still have that "Republicans are for the rich man" mentality. Cameron being black might make them just that much more wary.

Outside of Appalachia, Lexington, and Louisville, Kentucky is a very red state--and even Eastern Kentucky went for Trump in 2016 and 2020. So maybe they're starting to come around.

Red everywhere except Louisville and Lexington in 2020. Lexington is blue and Louisville is black.

Right, but Louisville and Lexington is where all the people are.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Black Gov in Kentucky?

LOL.

Right, but Louisville and Lexington is where all the people are.

Well, there's quite a few people in Northern Kentucky that vote red. (the Cincinnati overflow on the Kentucky side of the river) Western Kentucky has some population centers that are all red, Paducah, Bowling Green, Owensboro.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Black Gov in Kentucky?

LOL.

No you wouldn't.

Your a Majority Registered Repuke State that voted in a Demonrat Gov.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Beshear "won" last time thanks primarily to the dead vote. Seems he is super popular amongst all the residents of the cemetaries of Jefferson county. I suspect that the same voters will come out in force for him again tonight after midnight, just as before....

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Although I would have preferred that Ryan Quarles was the GOP candidate. He's a farm boy with a super achiever mind. Kentucky missed a good chance when they didn't make him the candidate.

I was a Quarles fan. He is friends with some of my kinfolk, and he would have made a great governor. Cameron may be okay, and he would be heads and shoulders above the present one, but I know nothing about him.

Might want to ask your kin how Mr. Quarles feels about children, sex changes, etc. I started out a Quarles fan. He talked several of our local magistrates into endorsing him early on. They got to digging and found out that he was not quite as "wholesome" as he pretended to be. Very liberal on the sex change, teaching kids in schools, etc. THEN the magistrates found out that once you "endorse" someone in KY politics, you can not UN-ENDORSE them... mad

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Might want to ask your kin how Mr. Quarles feels about children, sex changes, etc. I started out a Quarles fan. He talked several of our local magistrates into endorsing him early on. They got to digging and found out that he was not quite as "wholesome" as he pretended to be. Very liberal on the sex change, teaching kids in schools, etc. THEN the magistrates found out that once you "endorse" someone in KY politics, you can not UN-ENDORSE them... mad

I heard the same thing, and heard it was made up to try and discredit him.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Orion2000

I'd be interested is reading something about that. I looked but didn't find anything conclusive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Beshear has the early lead. All the other GOP candidates are winning, but it appears that people did not vote a straight ticket.

Like I did

Last edited by JamesJr; 11/07/23.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Beshear has the early lead. All the other GOP candidates are winning, but it appears that people did not vote a straight ticket.

Like I did

TV here is showing a map of the counties either red or blue depending on how they voted for Governor. It's surprising.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Like I did

TV here is showing a map of the counties either red or blue depending on how they voted for Governor. It's surprising.

Yeah. I believe Beshear is going to win. Kentucky Republicans need to wake up. By the way, Trump campaigned hard for Cameron.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

Like I did

Yeah. I believe Beshear is going to win. Kentucky Republicans need to wake up. By the way, Trump campaigned hard for Cameron.

Oh well. Beshear is a putz. But it seems like he knows when to stop pushing. I just hope nothing happens that causes him to be on TV for an hour every day like he was during the covid thing.

For a whole year he was on TV more than Andy Griffith Show reruns.

He loves a TV camera.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Republicans for about everything except Governor.

Odd.

https://twitter.com/gatewaypundit/status/1722056635269448003

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Like I did

Oh well. Beshear is a putz. But it seems like he knows when to stop pushing. I just hope nothing happens that causes him to be on TV for an hour every day like he was during the covid thing.

For a whole year he was on TV more than Andy Griffith Show reruns.

He loves a TV camera.
boy you got that right .I got tired of seeing him and hearing his voice everyday during covid

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
On the whole, people are idiots. That pretty much explains it all.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 19rabbit52, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 3,057 guests, and 1,380 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,313
Posts18,526,294
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.