Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Andy Beshear -- Busted ...

Andy Beshear watching his son play baseball out of state.When he ridiculed and ripped people for going out of state during this pandemic. Andy Beshear had his mask down.But rips others for not wearing one.We are tired of your little games also Andy. Andy thinks he’s above the law

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdVnTJ3WAAAqH2D?format=jpg&name=900x900[/img]

Once the above photo started getting shared on the WWW, Beshear's 'damage control' squad went to work getting it pulled from every site they could but fortunately some individuals saved it to their hard drive. The below story is his 'damage control' squad's creative attempt at a C-Y-A story after him being busted and photographed...

(Note dates on both links)

Kentucky governor pulls son from baseball tournament over mask compliance

Louisville Courier Journal

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Gov. Andy Beshear made a brief appearance at a Middletown baseball tournament Sunday morning but left the scene abruptly, unwilling to let his son play.

"I looked around, and I said, 'This isn’t safe for my kid,'" Beshear said during a Monday news conference. "My kid was supposed to pitch. He loves baseball, and I had to look at him and say, 'In my opinion, this isn’t safe.' We got back in the car and left."

Hours before Beshear announced a single-day state record 979 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, he accompanied his 11-year-old son Will to Crosby Park for an age-group game between the boy's Sun Devils travel team and Derby City baseball. But despite organizers' efforts to ensure a safe environment, Beshear decided the players were packed too close together in the dugouts and that those in attendance were too indifferent to the demands of social distancing.

“I wanted his team there because I felt that we did everything possible to make it be right,” tournament director Shawn Johnson said Monday. “I figured if we could pull it off and everybody else followed suit, then we would be able to continue letting kids play youth sports. ...

“He (Beshear) just felt like more people should be wearing masks, basically.”

Advisory:Kentucky wants travelers returning from these states to quarantine

Though Johnson said he had set up hand sanitizer stations, disinfected the dugouts between games and posted signs reminding spectators to observe social distancing and to wear masks, Sun Devils coach Scott Hammer anticipated that Beshear would not be satisfied with what he saw.

“Andy got out to the game yesterday and realized that the tournament director was addressing some of the guidelines, but not all of them,” Hammer said. “It wasn’t a safe environment for him and his family, so they got in the car and left. ... From what I saw on Saturday, I expected it. You can’t have 25 people sitting under two tents and be social distancing.”

The latest:Kentucky in 'accelerating phase' of pandemic with 258 new cases Monday

Though the Kentucky Supreme Court issued a stay Friday upholding Beshear’s executive order mandating that masks be worn in public spaces, compliance continues to be a challenge, particularly when temperatures climb above 90 degrees.

“The governor is committed to the safety and all Kentucky families,” said Crystal Staley, Beshear’s director of communications. “If we can just get Kentuckians to wear their masks and practice social distancing, we can get this thing under control. We’ve done it once. We know we can do it again. We just have to take a couple of extra steps.’’

Though Staley said Beshear’s decision to leave Sunday’s game “hasn’t precipitated any further action,” several youth baseball administrators expressed concern that extra steps might include shutting down their sports programs as a COVID-19 precaution.

“We have scratched and clawed our way back to the season and got the parents on board,” said Chris Gadansky, executive director of St. Matthews Baseball. “(But) It’s very hard to police grown adults.

“The big picture to me is if you don’t do this and we get shut down again, there goes baseball. That (wearing masks) is a small price to pay. It’s like that old saying: 'This is why we can’t have nice things.'”

Read this:Kentucky couple who refused isolation order on house arrest after positive COVID-19 test

More coronavirus news:Kentucky wants to limit private gatherings to 10 people, not 50, due to COVID-19 spike

Billy Crutcher, who coaches another team that played in the tournament, had anticipated Beshear attending games a day earlier and had asked team parents to be respectful and to refrain from critical comments.

“Sunday everybody was kind of antsy about it ‘cause they knew he was coming, so everybody was extra spread out,” Crutcher said. “We have trees on both sides of that field, so there’s plenty of room as far as the shade.”

Following the departure of Beshear’s entourage, Crutcher and Johnson both said they didn’t see the governor get out of his car for a first-hand look. Though Staley said Beshear had emerged from the vehicle, Johnson only spoke to him by telephone.

“The governor was really understanding,” Johnson said. “He just said it wasn’t the best atmosphere for him. He was not angry. He did not say, ‘Cancel the game. Cancel the tournament.’ His team still stayed and played.

“As a dad, I feel bad for the one kid who didn’t get to play. I feel like it’s my fault. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if it’s the governor’s son or anyone else’s son. That child didn’t get to play.”

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stophel
On the whole, people are idiots. That pretty much explains it all.

That and the fact that the Kentucky Republican Party continues to pick gubernatorial candidates that are bad choices.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Disappointing. But not all bad news in that state. Seen that the incumbent republican won the Secretary of State, and that the republican candidate for Attorney General knocked off the incumbent democrat.

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Russell Coleman, GOP Attorney General is giving a good victory speech. He's going to be running for Governor next time.

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by JamesJr
Originally Posted by Orion2000
... Might want to ask your kin how Mr. Quarles feels about children, sex changes, etc. I started out a Quarles fan. He talked several of our local magistrates into endorsing him early on. They got to digging and found out that he was not quite as "wholesome" as he pretended to be. Very liberal on the sex change, teaching kids in schools, etc. THEN the magistrates found out that once you "endorse" someone in KY politics, you can not UN-ENDORSE them... mad

I heard the same thing, and heard it was made up to try and discredit him.

Quite possible. My one data point is one magistrate I go to church with. Was hopping mad after the dirt came up and then he could not retract his endorsement... If your folks have more info regarding the source of the dis-information, I would be interested to understand more about it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So much for the theory that a Black conservative Republican is just what the GOP has been looking for. Cameron is going to get to beat a lot worse than Bevin did.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder how much the female vote matters here. Papa Andy was beating the abortion drum HARD. Doing his dead level best to frighten sluts... I mean... women to vote for him because Cameron opposed abortion.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The worst part about Beshear winning is somebody pointed a TV camera at him and activated his windbag setting.

I didn't listen much to what he said, but it went on so long that I thought "War and Peace" was being scrolled on the teleprompter.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Beshears had 45% approval from KY Republicans. He was probably one of the top 5 worst goveners on covid. How can a red state re-elect that monster?

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

That and the fact that the Kentucky Republican Party continues to pick gubernatorial candidates that are bad choices.

Why was Cameron a bad choice?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

He Bleck.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Andy Beshear (i)
D
693,420 votes 52.5%
Daniel Cameron
R
626,196 votes 47.5%

NRA Life Member
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Andy was highly thought of because of how he handled the Covid scam. He got on TV and yammered on and cared so much. Pandering liberalism on display it was, a lot of windbaggery. That probably won him the election since he “saved us” in the eyes of the many who suffer from mass formation psychosis.

Cameron is a bland flavor of vanilla. If he’s backed by McConnell not sure we are any worse off for his not winning. This state seems to stay about the same no matter which party wins.

Last edited by IZH27; 11/07/23.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well, on to the next election one year from now. Times for three fingers of Kentucky Bourbon.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

He did not have the appeal, nor the name recognition, despite the fact that he was AG. Also, you can call it whatever you want to, but being Black didn't help as there are Kentuckians who didn't vote for him because of that. I really think that may have been his only real "qualification", if you want to call it that. As for me, I didn't care what color he was, I just wanted Beshear gone.

The other GOP candidates on the slate all received upwards of 750,000 votes, while Cameron only got about 625,000. Beshear got around 690,000 votes, while the GOP nominees for Auditor and Secretary of State got around 780,000 votes. So, number wise, the Republican vote was there for a GOP nominee to win the governors race...........had that candidate been a good one.

Cameron was endorsed by Trump and Trump was featured in many of his ads. If he'd won, Trump would have been given credit, but since he lost, does that mean that Trump was the reason he did? No, I don't think so, since this is a state where Trump won in a landslide. It just proves Cameron was not a good choice for the GOP in this election.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
So who won?

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It appears the majority of Kentucky voters didn't want a Black Governor. he was a bad choice and the people made that clear.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Beshears had 45% approval from KY Republicans. He was probably one of the top 5 worst goveners on covid. How can a red state re-elect that monster?
KY voters are schizophrenic, or are they? Republicans outnumber Democrats these days, and local, most state, and national elections go strongly for Republicans, but for some reason they vote for a Leftist puppet Governor? I'm beginning to have my suspicions about that bunch in Frankfort. It seems strange that Democrat Governors down there are awful hard to dislodge. Republicans won in other state offices, but not the Gov.?

Last edited by reivertom; 11/08/23.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
A lot of the more conservative pundits are saying that what happened in Kentucky is symbolic of what’s wrong with the Republican party. I think they have a good point.

I don’t doubt that Daniel Cameron is a nice guy, but he represented old school rhino Republicanism. Unless I miss my guess, that kind of Republicanism is pretty much dead.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Riverc
It appears the majority of Kentucky voters didn't want a Black Governor. he was a bad choice and the people made that clear.
and if Cameron had run as a Democrat .and lost .First thing democrats would be hollering this morning Racist Republicans did not want a Black govoner .that why he lost

NRA Life Member
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 60 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,883
Posts18,518,231
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.