Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Beshears had 45% approval from KY Republicans. He was probably one of the top 5 worst goveners on covid. How can a red state re-elect that monster?
KY voters are schizophrenic, or are they? Republicans outnumber Democrats these days, and local, most state, and national elections go strongly for Republicans, but for some reason they vote for a Leftist puppet Governor? I'm beginning to have my suspicions about that bunch in Frankfort. It seems strange that Democrat Governors down there are awful hard to dislodge. Republicans won in other state offices, but not the Gov.?

As we both know, Kentucky politics are sometimes very hard to understand. This is a state that is perhaps as socially and culturally diverse as any state in the nation, and it show it when it comes to politics.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just wonder if this is still Bevin hangover.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Kentucky has been a very confused state dating back to before the War of Northern Aggression! memtb

Last edited by memtb; 11/08/23.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by memtb
Kentucky has been a very confused state dating back to before the War of Northern Aggression! memtb

You're right.It wanted to keep slavery, yet didn't want to secede. You can pretty much divide the state up into three geographically, socially, and culturally areas.........western, central, and eastern. Here in Western Kentucky, we are like the rest on the state in name only.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I don't like it. But I'm not particularly worried about Beshear being Governor. The Kentucky State Legislature is Republican. Beshear doesn't even try to push any liberal crap through the Legislature. Those people take pride in denying him anything he wants to do.

The Legislature controls the state. Little Andy just runs around doing photo ops and jumps in front of the TV every chance he gets.

He probably danced a jig when the tornado blew Mayfield away. He knew it was going to mean major TV time for him.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Louisville Courier Journal

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Gov. Andy Beshear made a brief appearance at a Middletown baseball tournament Sunday morning but left the scene abruptly, unwilling to let his son play.

"I looked around, and I said, 'This isn’t safe for my kid,'" Beshear said during a Monday news conference. "My kid was supposed to pitch. He loves baseball, and I had to look at him and say, 'In my opinion, this isn’t safe.' We got back in the car and left."

Hours before Beshear announced a single-day state record 979 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, he accompanied his 11-year-old son Will to Crosby Park for an age-group game between the boy's Sun Devils travel team and Derby City baseball. But despite organizers' efforts to ensure a safe environment, Beshear decided the players were packed too close together in the dugouts and that those in attendance were too indifferent to the demands of social distancing.

“I wanted his team there because I felt that we did everything possible to make it be right,” tournament director Shawn Johnson said Monday. “I figured if we could pull it off and everybody else followed suit, then we would be able to continue letting kids play youth sports. ...

“He (Beshear) just felt like more people should be wearing masks, basically.”

Advisory:Kentucky wants travelers returning from these states to quarantine

Though Johnson said he had set up hand sanitizer stations, disinfected the dugouts between games and posted signs reminding spectators to observe social distancing and to wear masks, Sun Devils coach Scott Hammer anticipated that Beshear would not be satisfied with what he saw.

“Andy got out to the game yesterday and realized that the tournament director was addressing some of the guidelines, but not all of them,” Hammer said. “It wasn’t a safe environment for him and his family, so they got in the car and left. ... From what I saw on Saturday, I expected it. You can’t have 25 people sitting under two tents and be social distancing.”

The latest:Kentucky in 'accelerating phase' of pandemic with 258 new cases Monday

Though the Kentucky Supreme Court issued a stay Friday upholding Beshear’s executive order mandating that masks be worn in public spaces, compliance continues to be a challenge, particularly when temperatures climb above 90 degrees.

“The governor is committed to the safety and all Kentucky families,” said Crystal Staley, Beshear’s director of communications. “If we can just get Kentuckians to wear their masks and practice social distancing, we can get this thing under control. We’ve done it once. We know we can do it again. We just have to take a couple of extra steps.’’

Though Staley said Beshear’s decision to leave Sunday’s game “hasn’t precipitated any further action,” several youth baseball administrators expressed concern that extra steps might include shutting down their sports programs as a COVID-19 precaution.

“We have scratched and clawed our way back to the season and got the parents on board,” said Chris Gadansky, executive director of St. Matthews Baseball. “(But) It’s very hard to police grown adults.

“The big picture to me is if you don’t do this and we get shut down again, there goes baseball. That (wearing masks) is a small price to pay. It’s like that old saying: 'This is why we can’t have nice things.'”

Read this:Kentucky couple who refused isolation order on house arrest after positive COVID-19 test

More coronavirus news:Kentucky wants to limit private gatherings to 10 people, not 50, due to COVID-19 spike

Billy Crutcher, who coaches another team that played in the tournament, had anticipated Beshear attending games a day earlier and had asked team parents to be respectful and to refrain from critical comments.

“Sunday everybody was kind of antsy about it ‘cause they knew he was coming, so everybody was extra spread out,” Crutcher said. “We have trees on both sides of that field, so there’s plenty of room as far as the shade.”

Following the departure of Beshear’s entourage, Crutcher and Johnson both said they didn’t see the governor get out of his car for a first-hand look. Though Staley said Beshear had emerged from the vehicle, Johnson only spoke to him by telephone.

“The governor was really understanding,” Johnson said. “He just said it wasn’t the best atmosphere for him. He was not angry. He did not say, ‘Cancel the game. Cancel the tournament.’ His team still stayed and played.

“As a dad, I feel bad for the one kid who didn’t get to play. I feel like it’s my fault. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if it’s the governor’s son or anyone else’s son. That child didn’t get to play.”
What a fuggin' idiot. Andy is as stupid as Fetterman and FJB.

Politics is War by Other Means
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JamesJr

You're right.It wanted to keep slavery, yet didn't want to secede. You can pretty much divide the state up into three geographically, socially, and culturally areas.........western, central, and eastern. Here in Western Kentucky, we are like the rest on the state in name only.

I grew up *way* down in Western Kentucky. It's much like the deep south. The central part of the state is the south, but it's not as hardcore southern mainly because of the influence of Lexington. Louisville is just another one of those big, mean ass cities on the Ohio River. It would be as bad as St. Louis except for the fact that Louisville cops are even more badass than the population. Eastern Kentucky is Appalachia. Appalachia has its own culture regardless of which state it's in. The culture doesn't recognize state lines.

I've traveled all over the country a few times--not so much anymore. Central rural Kentucky is the only place I want to live. Although Ballard County down next to Missouri wouldn't be a bad place to live. Ballard County has been frozen in time for as long as I know of. It's basically a huge bean field--only has about 4500 people in the whole county. The people all know each other to some extent. Everybody is polite. It's very traditional America. Harrison county next door to here is much like it--except they party harder.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
It's interesting to listen to all the scolding about how all fired conservative your state is...and white people in general....then the next day have to listen to all the talk about demographics and regions and such.

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
It's interesting to listen to all the scolding about how all fired conservative your state is...and white people in general....then the next day have to listen to all the talk about demographics and regions and such.

It is conservative. It's just that there's a large number of Blue Dog Democrats in Kentucky--many in Appalachia.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do KY teachers have the option of foregoing the payment of union dues?

Defunding the teacher's unions is always a good move.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's men in Kentucky who vote Democrat. But let them encounter a Transvestite? They'll tell 'em, "You better get home and put some britches on!--and take off them titties!--hail far".

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Voter turn out 38%+- Demonrats kill Repukes on early voting, again.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Do KY teachers have the option of foregoing the payment of union dues?

Defunding the teacher's unions is always a good move.
Any public union member in any state has the right to opt out of a union.
Google Janus.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I grew up *way* down in Western Kentucky. It's much like the deep south. The central part of the state is the south, but it's not as hardcore southern mainly because of the influence of Lexington. Louisville is just another one of those big, mean ass cities on the Ohio River. It would be as bad as St. Louis except for the fact that Louisville cops are even more badass than the population. Eastern Kentucky is Appalachia. Appalachia has its own culture regardless of which state it's in. The culture doesn't recognize state lines.

I've traveled all over the country a few times--not so much anymore. Central rural Kentucky is the only place I want to live. Although Ballard County down next to Missouri wouldn't be a bad place to live. Ballard County has been frozen in time for as long as I know of. It's basically a huge bean field--only has about 4500 people in the whole county. The people all know each other to some extent. Everybody is polite. It's very traditional America. Harrison county next door to here is much like it--except they party harder.

The only counties in West Kentucky that voted for Beshear were Henderson, Davies, and Warren........in other words, the cities of Henderson, Owensboro, and Bowling Green.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by Stophel
On the whole, people are idiots. That pretty much explains it all.

That and the fact that the Kentucky Republican Party continues to pick gubernatorial candidates that are bad choices.

Why was Cameron a bad choice?

The State of Kentucky Republican Party had every opportunity to come up with a viable candidate. They got what they deserved. Truth be told, white R's won't go out of their way to vote for a black candidate.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe

The only counties in West Kentucky that voted for Beshear were Henderson, Davies, and Warren........in other words, the cities of Henderson, Owensboro, and Bowling Green.

Republican Senator, and Daniel Cameron's running mate, Robbie Mills, is born and raised in Henderson and typically a political winner in elections when running by himself...

My guess on the republican's loss this time was due to a combination of pro Beshear public employee's (individuals and groups) and a weak republican gubernatorial candidate.

Beshear BARELY won his first term as governor with the smallest ever vote lead and in my opinion the ONLY reason he won then was primarily due to Teachers and state employees...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by joken2
Andy Beshear -- Busted ...

Andy Beshear watching his son play baseball out of state.When he ridiculed and ripped people for going out of state during this pandemic. Andy Beshear had his mask down.But rips others for not wearing one.We are tired of your little games also Andy. Andy thinks he’s above the law

[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EdVnTJ3WAAAqH2D?format=jpg&name=900x900[/img]

Once the above photo started getting shared on the WWW, Beshear's 'damage control' squad went to work getting it pulled from every site they could but fortunately some individuals saved it to their hard drive. The below story is his 'damage control' squad's creative attempt at a C-Y-A story after him being busted and photographed...

(Note dates on both links)

Kentucky governor pulls son from baseball tournament over mask compliance

Louisville Courier Journal

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Gov. Andy Beshear made a brief appearance at a Middletown baseball tournament Sunday morning but left the scene abruptly, unwilling to let his son play.

"I looked around, and I said, 'This isn’t safe for my kid,'" Beshear said during a Monday news conference. "My kid was supposed to pitch. He loves baseball, and I had to look at him and say, 'In my opinion, this isn’t safe.' We got back in the car and left."

Hours before Beshear announced a single-day state record 979 new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, he accompanied his 11-year-old son Will to Crosby Park for an age-group game between the boy's Sun Devils travel team and Derby City baseball. But despite organizers' efforts to ensure a safe environment, Beshear decided the players were packed too close together in the dugouts and that those in attendance were too indifferent to the demands of social distancing.

“I wanted his team there because I felt that we did everything possible to make it be right,” tournament director Shawn Johnson said Monday. “I figured if we could pull it off and everybody else followed suit, then we would be able to continue letting kids play youth sports. ...

“He (Beshear) just felt like more people should be wearing masks, basically.”

Advisory:Kentucky wants travelers returning from these states to quarantine

Though Johnson said he had set up hand sanitizer stations, disinfected the dugouts between games and posted signs reminding spectators to observe social distancing and to wear masks, Sun Devils coach Scott Hammer anticipated that Beshear would not be satisfied with what he saw.

“Andy got out to the game yesterday and realized that the tournament director was addressing some of the guidelines, but not all of them,” Hammer said. “It wasn’t a safe environment for him and his family, so they got in the car and left. ... From what I saw on Saturday, I expected it. You can’t have 25 people sitting under two tents and be social distancing.”

The latest:Kentucky in 'accelerating phase' of pandemic with 258 new cases Monday

Though the Kentucky Supreme Court issued a stay Friday upholding Beshear’s executive order mandating that masks be worn in public spaces, compliance continues to be a challenge, particularly when temperatures climb above 90 degrees.

“The governor is committed to the safety and all Kentucky families,” said Crystal Staley, Beshear’s director of communications. “If we can just get Kentuckians to wear their masks and practice social distancing, we can get this thing under control. We’ve done it once. We know we can do it again. We just have to take a couple of extra steps.’’

Though Staley said Beshear’s decision to leave Sunday’s game “hasn’t precipitated any further action,” several youth baseball administrators expressed concern that extra steps might include shutting down their sports programs as a COVID-19 precaution.

“We have scratched and clawed our way back to the season and got the parents on board,” said Chris Gadansky, executive director of St. Matthews Baseball. “(But) It’s very hard to police grown adults.

“The big picture to me is if you don’t do this and we get shut down again, there goes baseball. That (wearing masks) is a small price to pay. It’s like that old saying: 'This is why we can’t have nice things.'”

Read this:Kentucky couple who refused isolation order on house arrest after positive COVID-19 test

More coronavirus news:Kentucky wants to limit private gatherings to 10 people, not 50, due to COVID-19 spike

Billy Crutcher, who coaches another team that played in the tournament, had anticipated Beshear attending games a day earlier and had asked team parents to be respectful and to refrain from critical comments.

“Sunday everybody was kind of antsy about it ‘cause they knew he was coming, so everybody was extra spread out,” Crutcher said. “We have trees on both sides of that field, so there’s plenty of room as far as the shade.”

Following the departure of Beshear’s entourage, Crutcher and Johnson both said they didn’t see the governor get out of his car for a first-hand look. Though Staley said Beshear had emerged from the vehicle, Johnson only spoke to him by telephone.

“The governor was really understanding,” Johnson said. “He just said it wasn’t the best atmosphere for him. He was not angry. He did not say, ‘Cancel the game. Cancel the tournament.’ His team still stayed and played.

“As a dad, I feel bad for the one kid who didn’t get to play. I feel like it’s my fault. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if it’s the governor’s son or anyone else’s son. That child didn’t get to play.”

Another chicken-[bleep], shameless, weaselly, attempt by Beshear at 'Damage Control' after being outed publicly via live photos of him violating his own mandates for Kentucky residents...

(again, note date)

An emotional Andy Beshear denounces covert photos of son at baseball games being posted online

Gov. Andy Beshear on Monday angrily denounced people who he said had been "secretly and covertly" taking pictures of his son at baseball games and posting them online.

Speaking at his daily news conference, Beshear volunteered the information as he answered a question about why he pulled his son, Will, 11, from a baseball tournament Sunday because participants weren't taking precautions against COVID-19, including requiring masks.

He said he believes the photos were meant to send a message.

“I know when people try to post pictures of my kids, what they're really trying to tell me is, we know where you are. We can get to you," Beshear said.

He didn't elaborate on the photos or identify who took and posted them but compared the situation to the Memorial Day weekend Second Amendment rally at the Capitol where protesters, some armed, marched to the Governor's Mansion and stood on the porch calling for him to come out, demanding he resign. Some protesters then returned to the Capitol grounds, where they hung Beshear in effigy.

State police on his executive security team have recommended a fence around the mansion following that incident.

While saying he believes children should be "off-limits," Beshear on Monday answered a question about the baseball tournament this way:

"I thought that what happened when the armed protesters walked through the barriers at the Governor’s Mansion and walked up to the porch and heckled and wanted me to come outside and hung me in effigy would be one of the toughest days on my family during my term as governor," Beshear said. "But a couple of weeks ago, somebody started secretly and covertly taking pictures of my son at his baseball games and posting them online. Yeah. I hope everybody out there knows that’s something you should never do, no matter what, no matter who’s the parent of that kid. That is really wrong."

Beshear didn't provide further details, and state police didn't respond to a request for comment about whether the situation had triggered an investigation.

But Beshear said he was sorry his son had been pulled into the spotlight after they left the baseball tournament Sunday.

"He doesn’t deserve that," he said "He doesn’t deserve any of this.”

The Memorial Day effigy hanging brought outraged condemnations and prompted Beshear to declare: "I will not be afraid. I will not be bullied. And I will not back down."

Beshear acknowledged as he ended Monday's press conference that he got "a little bit emotional" regarding whoever posted the photos.

"But again, I am not going to be bullied by you," he said. "We’re doing the right thing to protect people’s lives. We’re doing the right thing to protect our economy. And it takes a small person to go after somebody’s kids."

He encouraged people to use social media for good, including sharing information about how to avoid COVID-19.

"Let’s try to make sure that if people do go to the internet and social media that we are putting good, positive things out there, that we are showing them that the vast majority of their neighbors are wearing masks and social distancing," he said. "Don’t let a small group ultimately take control of a means of information."

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Is it possible that the Kentucky demrats are clueless?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by rickt300
Is it possible that the Kentucky demrats are clueless?

Female voters are clueless in Kentucky and everywhere else. Remove the female vote a Democrat couldn't get elected dog catcher.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A big problem with this Kentucky Governor's election was, a lot of Republicans wouldn't bother to get up and go virtue signal.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

675 members (160user, 19rabbit52, 1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 3,258 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,312
Posts18,526,258
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.