Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 31 of 37 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 36 37
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I carry a Sig P365 year round. I shoot it sometimes in IDPA matches and can get good hits to 25 yards pretty consistently.

I think they are a great carry pistol, but in no way can I shoot it as fast or accurately as my P320 X5 Legion which is what I shoot in most matches. But that gun weighs over 40 ounces unloaded and is not very practical for me to carry all the time.

It's easy to carry a P365 in virtually all situations and it's still pretty easy to shoot well. I used to carry a Glock 26 but now prefer the P365.

The choice of a carry gun is a personal preference. The P365 is my choice because I think it balances shootability and ease of carry very well.

Everyone gets to make their own choice based on the factors they think are important. But I will say I'm not that comfortable carrying a .380 or J Frame as a primary weapon.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bowmanh
I carry a Sig P365 year round. I shoot it sometimes in IDPA matches and can get good hits to 25 yards pretty consistently.

I think they are a great carry pistol, but in no way can I shoot it as fast or accurately as my P320 X5 Legion which is what I shoot in most matches. But that gun weighs over 40 ounces unloaded and is not very practical for me to carry all the time.

It's easy to carry a P365 in virtually all situations and it's still pretty easy to shoot well. I used to carry a Glock 26 but now prefer the P365.

The choice of a carry gun is a personal preference. The P365 is my choice because I think it balances shootability and ease of carry very well.

Everyone gets to make their own choice based on the factors they think are important. But I will say I'm not that comfortable carrying a .380 or J Frame as a primary weapon.

How did you place in your IDPA matches with your 365, versus your P320?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Just a word of appreciation to all for this great thread.

All the bad guys are packing Glocks? Makes sense.

Carry a gun you can fight with? Makes sense too.

I can pull a j-frame out of a front pocket in no time at all….. unless I’m sitting down…. and if I do it’s still only a j-frame.

Time to up my game.

A Glock 43 is the J Frame of the new Millennia.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by deflave

I score lower with a P365 vs the X5 Legion. Smaller guns are harder to shoot than full size guns. But I still shoot well enough to defend myself.

I should note that in IDPA, a P365 competes in a different division than the P320 X5 Legion. The X5 legion is in Carry Optics (since I use a red dot) and the P365 is in BUG (back up gun.)

Last edited by bowmanh; 11/06/23.
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by Bristoe

I can pull a j-frame out of a front pocket in no time at all….. unless I’m sitting down…. and if I do it’s still only a j-frame.

Time to up my game.

I still think a J Frame is the J Frame of the new millenia, seeing as how they are still being made and carried by a lot of people.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Time to up my game.

I still think a J Frame is the J Frame of the new millenia, seeing as how they are still being made and carried by a lot of people.

Nothing wrong with carrying a J frame.. as your second weapon.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
And a lot of practical experience. A person needs to get the mindset of carrying what they might really need, not what is the most handy. A 2 shot NAA derringer is better than nothing but a bad guy with a Glock will make short work of that idea.
TRH will shoot someone in the dick with his NAA derringer before you can say Anaconda.

Most likely that will end the argument.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Size comparison--2" J Frame, Glock 43. The 43 is thinner, carries 2 more rounds, and has a better trigger. I think most people will be able to shoot the 43 much better than they can a 2" J frame.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/glock-g43-vs-smith-wesson-model-642

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Verylargeboots

Time to up my game.

Nothing wrong with carrying a J frame.. as your second weapon.

Absolutely, never as a primary.

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shootem
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Idaho1945
And a lot of practical experience. A person needs to get the mindset of carrying what they might really need, not what is the most handy. A 2 shot NAA derringer is better than nothing but a bad guy with a Glock will make short work of that idea.
TRH will shoot someone in the dick with his NAA derringer before you can say Anaconda.

Most likely that will end the argument.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I score lower with a P365 vs the X5 Legion. Smaller guns are harder to shoot than full size guns. But I still shoot well enough to defend myself.

I should note that in IDPA, a P365 competes in a different division than the P320 X5 Legion. The X5 legion is in Carry Optics (since I use a red dot) and the P365 is in BUG (back up gun.)
Try your scores at 5 yards - the distance at which you would likely be defending yourself anyway. Probably won't be a bit of difference in those scores.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Try your scores at 5 yards - the distance at which you would likely be defending yourself anyway. Probably won't be a bit of difference in those scores.

Oldie but goodie.

LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Yes I understand.

But if you enter with a 365 in the same division that has everyone else using a P320 size gun, where do you place?

And how does this contrast against how you place with your full size gun?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Yes I understand.

But if you enter with a 365 in the same division that has everyone else using a P320 size gun, where do you place?

As I said, I score lower with the P365. And I see the same pattern with other experienced shooters when they shoot a BUG. That's why there are different divisions.

It's common knowledge that full sized guns are easier to shoot. Still, a skilled shooter can do well with a compact gun, though he might do even better in the combined ranking with a full sized gun.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

A fine firearm to be sure, but I’m pretty sure Ol’ Gaston (he’s still alive at 94) intended for his inventions to be carried with a holster secured snugly around that wide, squared-off trigger guard and that 5.5lb “safe” ( grin ) action trigger.

Opinions may vary but for pocket carry the j-frame reigns supreme.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For you guys that IWB fairly slim full-size autos like the 1911, G48, etc, how many inches did you need to move up in your waist size of your pants, on average?

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JPro
For you guys that IWB fairly slim full-size autos like the 1911, G48, etc, how many inches did you need to move up in your waist size of your pants, on average?

1".

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JPro
I've been carrying IWB since the early 1990s (from 1980 till the early 1990s, pocket, OWB, and sometimes the old fashioned style IWB holsters), for the most part full sized handguns like K-Frame S&W revolvers, 1911s, and Glock 19/17 (more recently, the Glock 26). I have never purchased pants with that in mind. Not once. What I adjust is the belt notch that I use when I'm carrying vs when I'm not. That's all.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W

Yes I understand.

As I said, I score lower with the P365. And I see the same pattern with other experienced shooters when they shoot a BUG. That's why there are different divisions.

It's common knowledge that full sized guns are easier to shoot. Still, a skilled shooter can do well with a compact gun, though he might do even better in the combined ranking with a full sized gun.

Predictable that this would eventually come up in a discussion on ED SD carry but really irrelevant.

The only score that counts in the real world is whether you’re alive - hopefully not irrepairably wounded - and the threat(s) is/are neutralized, if you can’t avoid a situation which none of us ever wants, but imposes itself upon our lives.

Most of the factors that produce that result are related to always carrying without exception, mindset, proper training, ammunition, and familiarity with the carry pistol when the SHTF.

There are no categories to ‘make it fair’ for different pistols. The outcome is a binary possibility - who’s walking and talking at the end … and who’s not. Nature tends to be pretty uninterested and ruthless in the outcome as far as tipping the scales.

Just my take watching this thread develop. YMMV.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here is an interesting comparison between a loaded, with a reload, J-frame an Sig 365XL with a full 12 round magazine and one chambered.
This is not the lightest J-frame, but the XL is not the lightest 365. Since I own both, for me, the Sig is much easier to shoot than the Smith.
It is pretty easy to see why the 365 is so popular.

Page 31 of 37 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 36 37

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 14,757 guests, and 1,100 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,171
Posts18,542,986
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.