so you dont run hunting dogs obviously

Originally Posted by NVhntr
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by RUM7
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by slumlord
Is it anyway to recover her? Have any rock climbing buddies, friends with rappelling gear?
Any rock climbing onion-heads you can whip up down at Starbucks?

The mountain is too dangerous. I was headed to go up, but my wife stopped me. She said she couldn't lose us both. I've been there many times, and a lot of chukar live on the steep face. A lot of hunters hunt the canyon at it's base, but I have never seen anyone on the face or even up it 10-20 feet.

Ya but what about someone else? Like a local climber?

That would take work, money and planning to rescue a hunting dog and family member

Better to get a back yard breeder to replace a rare hunting breed like a wired haired pointing griiff
That's a bit of a low blow. I know of a dozen rock face mountainsides in Nevada that no one should climb. It's all crumbling shale. Lots of false holds that would pop off if you tried to grab them. None of that volcanic rock is stable. What's the point? Dogs dead. Let her lie.

When you're working with working breeds as a human being you should know all of the risks and prepare for them before sending the dog in to work with you.

I spend 3 months hunting chukar a year. I use griffs. why would an upland hunter send his dog in unsafe areas with no safety back ups or safety plans? no e collar, no training , no gps? Why would a hunter send his dog in a dangerous cliff area blinded with no visual of his dog and no way to avoid a dangerous situation and no way to call his dog from a dangerous cliff area and have no back plan if schit goes bad when his dog is injured or can't get out ? Why would an an upland hunter get a dog from an uncertified breeder especially when he cant afford a good upland dog?

this was a plugged up situation from the beginning

maybe more insight from you ....

So many questions. What’s your point? Why don’t skip all the questions and just state your opinion instead of the twenty questions routine? Reminds me of the way most females communicate.

Has anyone told you you are a pompous ass today?
If not, let me be the first.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the first thing breeder does is list certs.

As a long time wired hared grif owner I know this as many back yard breeders have got into breeding selling puppies to make a buck to non hunting customers

No reputable griff breeder or hunting dog breeder would give away puppies random on the internet without a thorough background interview and just offer them over the internet, but as an upland hunting dog owner im sure you know this lol

Is it anyway to recover her? Have any rock climbing buddies, friends with rappelling gear?

The mountain is too dangerous. I was headed to go up, but my wife stopped me. She said she couldn't lose us both. I've been there many times, and a lot of chukar live on the steep face. A lot of hunters hunt the canyon at it's base, but I have never seen anyone on the face or even up it 10-20 feet.

That would take work, money and planning to rescue a hunting dog and family member

Better to get a back yard breeder to replace a rare hunting breed like a wired haired pointing griiff
That's a bit of a low blow. I know of a dozen rock face mountainsides in Nevada that no one should climb. It's all crumbling shale. Lots of false holds that would pop off if you tried to grab them. None of that volcanic rock is stable. What's the point? Dogs dead. Let her lie.

When you're working with working breeds as a human being you should know all of the risks and prepare for them before sending the dog in to work with you.

I spend 3 months hunting chukar a year. I use griffs. why would an upland hunter send his dog in unsafe areas with no safety back ups or safety plans? no e collar, no training , no gps? Why would a hunter send his dog in a dangerous cliff area blinded with no visual of his dog and no way to avoid a dangerous situation and no way to call his dog from a dangerous cliff area and have no back plan if schit goes bad when his dog is injured or can't get out ? Why would an an upland hunter get a dog from an uncertified breeder especially when he cant afford a good upland dog?

How do you know so much about the breeder?
I assume anyone spending money would do their due diligence regarding lineage, health certs, ect...
Actually, I do know this. I just didn't equate a father in law making a generous offer to someone as proof that the actual breeder was unscrupulous. Silly me.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you guys need help transporting the puppy, I live in the south end of the Salt Lake Valley and will be coyote hunting around Elko the weekend after this and could help with transportation

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I know more than the averaged uniformed idiot who doesn't hunt with dogs . you've never hunted upland or waterfowl with a dog, I know this much based on your ignorant posts. lol

Know all the risks and prepare for them all?
If you are as experienced as you say, you know that's not possible. Hunting with dogs is inherently dangerous for the dogs. Scheit happens. I've never lost one hunting but I know of much better handlers than myself who have

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Oh and Ribka I think your a good dude but you need to STFU in a situation like this

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
how many days did you upland hunt with your dogs this year?

I spend 3 months hunting chukar a year. I use griffs. why would an upland hunter send his dog in unsafe areas with no safety back ups or safety plans? no e collar, no training , no gps? Why would a hunter send his dog in a dangerous cliff area blinded with no visual of his dog and no way to avoid a dangerous situation and no way to call his dog from a dangerous cliff area and have no back plan if schit goes bad when his dog is injured or can't get out ?

While I don't disagree with much of what you just said, I don't see the point in rubbing it in. Or even pointing it out. Sounds like a lesson was already learned the hard way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know more than the averaged uniformed idiot who doesn't hunt with dogs . you've never hunted upland or waterfowl with a dog, I know this much based on your ignorant posts. lol

Know all the risks and prepare for them all?
If you are as experienced as you say, you know that's not possible. Hunting with dogs is inherently dangerous for the dogs. Scheit happens. I've never lost one hunting but I know of much better handlers than myself who have
LOL. Ok. Not looking for an online pissing match.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
PM me if you're willing to accept a sizeable donation to help offset that discount!

Count me in on that too........

KB

A gun in hand is worth two cops on the phone.
MOLON LABE
LET'S GO BRANDON!!
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Oh and Ribka I think your a good dude but you need to STFU in a situation like this

I ve been following his dog 6 years on the upland forum. I have a similarly aged griff I hunt a lot too

The dog could have been rescued with some forethought cost and effort. And nothing was done

This upsets me

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I’m glad the op took my advice. A hey Pard thanks for the advice will suffice.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I ve been following his dog 6 years on the upland forum. I have a similarly aged griff I hunt a lot too

The dog could have been rescued with some forethought cost and effort. And nothing was done

This upsets me

My sincere apologies then

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

This upsets me

My sincere apologies then

No apologies needed. This obviously is a very emotional topic for dog owners. Opinions should be shared

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Morewood
This thread is an emotional rollercoaster. Deep sadness over Rosie's death to grinning about GTC22's most thoughtful and generous offer of a pup and Bruce's acceptance.

Right on guys.

It's a place where good people do great things.

We will arrange to pick up Posy in Richfield UT. Rosie is still so much of our very beings, but a Posy needs to have an Emily to learn all the bad habits: chew up toys, urp on the rugs not the water proof floor, eat catschidt rokka from the cat box, scatter my shoes and socks where I can't find them, dig holes under the back porch, beg at the table (and always get rewarded), chase the cat, scatter the folded laundry, bark at a mouse farting, track mud in and onto Peg's new bedding...

Everyone please wish for GTC22's success today. He PM'd me from his black powder elk hunt spot. What a super guy.

GOOD FOR YOU!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by GTC22
Bruce, that's a heartbreaker! I don't know you, and I'm not even a dog guy. But my daughter and son in law are. Their Griffon, Sage, had a beautiful litter and they've sold all but one or two females. I think they've been getting $1500, but PM me and I'm sure I could get you the 24Hr Campfire 100% discount.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

There's more happy hunts ahead!

GTC22
Beautiful dogs !
What a kind offer !

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hot damn we went from suicidal and "never hunting Chukar again" to "Check out my new Chukar hunting dog".

All in less than 24 hours.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Hot damn we went from suicidal and "never hunting Chukar again" to "Check out my new Chukar hunting dog".

LOL

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.?

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by GTC22
Bruce, that's a heartbreaker! I don't know you, and I'm not even a dog guy. But my daughter and son in law are. Their Griffon, Sage, had a beautiful litter and they've sold all but one or two females. I think they've been getting $1500, but PM me and I'm sure I could get you the 24Hr Campfire 100% discount.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

There's more happy hunts ahead!

GTC22

I nominate this man for a Beaver award!!!

I second the motion !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry for your loss

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

LOL

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Doesn’t half of this forum know a seal team six member? Maybe a grappling ? From the way banter carries on here.

I flung a 1-ounce sinker with my catfish rod over a 3- story 18/12 roof once and climbed that fugger after threading my 9mm static rope.

Cmon jeeze

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (1936M71, 44mc, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 325wsm1, 10 invisible), 12,488 guests, and 1,118 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,230
Posts18,544,017
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.