Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have been salmon fishing and eating salmon for over 40 years and I have caught and eaten every type of salmon in North America and cooked them in every way possible way, including the Dish Washer method.

I saw this method a few weeks ago and decided to give it ago, and it is the best way to pan-sear salmon. Super Juice, and absolutely delicious.

If you try it, make sure to take the temp of the outer pieces in the pan first as they seem to cook faster then the ones in the middle. As soon as the internal temperature reaches 125 F, take it out of the pan.

Who would have thought that cooking in a cold pan to start without any butter or oils would taste so amazing and be so perfectly cooked and delicious EVERY TIME?

Even the skin is super crispy and delicious, if you try it let me know how it worked out for you. I have been cooking Farmed Atlantic Salmon this way. I will only cook my salmon this way in the future.

Enjoy cool

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/21/23.

KB

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
What it looks like finished

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
good looking plate of food.

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
I can't eat fish but damn that looks good.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Tag

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Did you do anything to liven up the rice?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
Did you do anything to liven up the rice?

I poached the Asparagus for 3 minutes in boiling salted water, then I finished cooking them in a butter/lemon sauce. I poured the butter/lemon sauce from the Asparagus over the rice.

Really simple dinner but amazing, so good that I just ordered 10 Atlantic Salmon filets from a wholesaler where I am from and will be eating salmon this way twice a week. cool

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We eat a lot of salmon, I guess I'll have to try this out soon.

"243/85TSX It's as if the HAMMER OF THOR were wielded by CHUCK NORRIS himself, and a roundhouse kick thrown in for good measure."
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 358Norma_fan
We eat a lot of salmon, I guess I'll have to try this out soon.

Like me you have eaten a ton of salmon, you will be very happy, please let us know how it turns out cool

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I happened to watch that episode recently. America’s Test Kitchen is a great production. A ton of easy, tasty recipes with really good instructions for the method

I’ll do the salmon soon as a buddy gave me some he caught in Alaska

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hi rcamuglia, being an expert Chef you know that the fat content in Atlantic Salmon exceeds any salmon on the West Coast, it will be interesting to know how yours turns out. What species are you trying it with?

The reason why Wild Atlantic salmon are so fat is because they feed on lots of Krill in the Arctic and Northern regions.

As I mentioned, I have only tried it with Farmed Atlantic Salmon, and it's the first time I have enjoyed Farmed. Wild Atlantic salmon taste nothing like wild, but with this technique Farmed are delicious.

Good luck looking forward to hearing your results and maybe a with picture, since all of the food you post looks fantastic.

If I owned a restaurant I would charge $40.00 a plate hehehe laugh

Happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/22/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Friends don't let friends eat farmed fish............

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
From what I’ve read, wild Atlantic fat content is less than sockeye. Farmed Atlantic is considerably higher in fat, I guess from the Purina kibbles they get fed. wink

Pretty happy with grilled and traditional pan seared. Might give it a try though.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
From what I’ve read, wild Atlantic fat content is less than sockeye. Farmed Atlantic is considerably higher in fat, I guess from the Purina kibbles they get fed. wink

Pretty happy with grilled and traditional pan seared. Might give it a try though.

I have caught both Sockeye and Wild Atlantic salmon, Wild Atlantic salmon IMO is way better tasting because it has a lot more fat than Sockeye. In fact compared to an Atlantic Salmon, all western species have very little fat in comparison.

My favorite thing to do was to get up in the morning and eat it cold out of the fridge with the congealed fat with salt.

We went every year to the Gaspé to fly fish for them, fun times.

KB

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender

I have caught both Sockeye and Wild Atlantic salmon, Wild Atlantic salmon IMO is way better tasting because it has a lot more fat than Sockeye. In fact compared to an Atlantic Salmon, all western species have very little fat in comparison.

My favorite thing to do was to get up in the morning and eat it cold out of the fridge with the congealed fat with salt.

We went every year to the Gaspé to fly fish for them, fun times.

Originally Posted by FishinHank
Friends don't let friends eat farmed fish............

Catching a Wild Atlantic Salmon these days is a very complicated and expensive prospect!

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A winter king has more fat than any atlantic I've ever seen. No doubt the wild ones are good......but they don't stand up against a winter king.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I have caught a lot of King Salmon on the West Coast and Atlantic Salmon on the East Coast so I know the difference between the two based on experience, have you caught any Wild Atlantic salmon?

Wild Atlantic salmon are so fat they are "Oily" Kings are not.

KB

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Will give it a try

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have caught wild atlantics and they have never stacked up against a king that was headed up the yukon. Ever had one of those?

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Nope!

I Have only caught them around Prince Rupert, Terrace BC, and Lake Ontario.

Where did you catch Atlantic salmon, how big were they?

Last edited by KillerBee; 11/23/23.

KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

706 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 62 invisible), 2,864 guests, and 1,349 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,844
Posts18,478,302
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.