Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I just read they are closing the Ilion, NY plant in March and moving to LaGrange, Ga.

If this is a duplicate post or posted elsewhere or whatever, I don’t care. It is worth repeating.

Hardin284

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
They had a good thing going in Huntsville Alabama until somebody ran the company into the ground- - - -huge building, lots of room to expand, and a gun friendly political climate. My SIL was a tool room machinist there.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Leaving one blue state for another.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I wish they'd come to Kentucky, we have a bunch of gun folks that need jobs.

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by slumlord
Exactly wtf!

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't make much sense you would think they would choose a solid Red State like Louisiana or any of the others.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Riverc
Don't make much sense you would think they would choose a solid Red State like Louisiana or any of the others.

Maybe they couldn't swing all the necessary payoffs for Louisiana.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

That would make sense but how often does Remington do anything that makes sense?

They’ve still living off of the 870 and 700 actions. If not for those they would have been dead a long time ago, they haven’t improved on or innovated anything since.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

That would make sense but how often does Remington do anything that makes sense?

They’ve still living off of the 870 and 700 actions. If not for those they would have been dead a long time ago, they haven’t improved on or innovated anything since.
yea but they came out with the remington 30 AR. they slightly enlarged the AR-15 for the 30 AR round which had 90% of the power of a 308. stupid people at remington just let it die out. imagine necking it up from 6mm to 338. a 6.5 or 7mm version of the 30 AR would be a great round

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mrmeener

yea but they came out with the remington 30 AR. they slightly enlarged the AR-15 for the 30 AR round which had 90% of the power of a 308. stupid people at remington just let it die out. imagine necking it up from 6mm to 338. a 6.5 or 7mm version of the 30 AR would be a great round

Or how they royally screwed up the 280 and 260. Or the 244 Remington for that matter with the wrong rifles and the wrong twist. And raced to the bottom to cheapen the brand focusing on budget guns.

FN, CZ, H&K, Sig to name a few that keep on innovating while Remington sits pat.

I get the budget guns but not as the primary focus.

Ruger doesn’t do anything as far as military innovation or contracts and sells lot’s of good budget guns but they also offer no 1’s, have a niche single action revolvers market and offer other guns to appeal to a broader market.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good for Remington and a win for Georgia! Though, I wonder if the Georgia thugs will get a discount. memtb

Last edited by memtb; 12/02/23.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Remington always had a way of screwing up what should’ve been great ideas in cartridges.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Or how they royally screwed up the 280 and 260. Or the 244 Remington for that matter with the wrong rifles and the wrong twist. And raced to the bottom to cheapen the brand focusing on budget guns.

FN, CZ, H&K, Sig to name a few that keep on innovating while Remington sits pat.
It is kind of hard to understand why the .280 and the .260 didn't take off. The 7mm/08 did pretty good but the 6.5 Creedmoor outran them all and I can't see why. My daughter in law was going to get a Creedmoor and I told her to get a .260 or 7mm/08. They feed better and at the ranges she would shoot she wouldn't know the difference.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

It is kind of hard to understand why the .280 and the .260 didn't take off. The 7mm/08 did pretty good but the 6.5 Creedmoor outran them all and I can't see why. My daughter in law was going to get a Creedmoor and I told her to get a .260 or 7mm/08. They feed better and at the ranges she would shoot she wouldn't know the difference.

Remington screwed up the twist and misread the market. I think that with a faster twist and promoting it as a dual precision/hunting cartridge based off of the 308’s history for both that it would have taken off.

I like the 7mm/08. I have a Ruger no. 1 and Rem 700 Classic chambered in 7x57mm if I had a more contemporary style hunting rifle I’d rather have a 7mm/08.

Remington first chambered the 280 in a semiauto rifle as the 7mm Express which didn’t make a lot of sense. Then they renamed it and remarked it but still kept the SAMI pressure lower than the 270 due to the semiauto rifles.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm surprised they have been able to stay in business this long.

They haven't contributed a thing in over 30 years.

When they couldn't think of anything innovative, they just went straight to the cheap bottom.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Is the union fork lift driver still going to be able to snag $47/hr + double time on Sundays?

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Smartest thing I’ve heard today!

Thanks, Billy
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Kimber easing there way out of NY for Al.

S&W slowly heading into Tn.

Will Colt even notice?

A matter of time when they'll all be south of the Mason Dixon whether they want to or not. What can't they understand?

Seriously wondering what took them so long.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Remington screwed the pooch on the .280 and .35 Whelen by not loading them to their full potential so that they'd be gentle on their pump and semiautos. Not to mention the wrong twist rate on the .35 Whelen. A wrong twist on the .244 didn't help either. You have to wonder what bunch of idiots made those decisions?
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by mathman

Maybe they couldn't swing all the necessary payoffs for Louisiana.
LOL, but they could for GA, come on man.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe, an Obama phone, free health insurance. and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10Glocks, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 70 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,089 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,583
Posts18,510,963
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.